Candlelight Processional Seating for Wheelchairs

mommybunnyof2

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

Was wondering if anyone on here has attended the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. If so, I have a question regarding wheelchair accessability and seating. We are planning a trip in early December and are going with friends who require a wheelchair. We have already booked a dining package but was wondering if we will be able to have our friend stay in his wheelchair for that reserved seating or if he will have to transfer over to a seat.

Does anyone have any advice for this situation?

Thanks!!

Hi Everyone,

Was wondering if anyone on here has attended the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. If so, I have a question regarding wheelchair accessability and seating. We are planning a trip in early December and are going with friends who require a wheelchair. We have already booked a dining package but was wondering if we will be able to have our friend stay in his wheelchair for that reserved seating or if he will have to transfer over to a seat.

Does anyone have any advice for this situation?

Thanks!!

This is just from my personal experiences, but I think sometimes having a package helps getting a spot.

You will be allowed in before the standby line is allowed to be seated.

The front accessible area has spaces for wheelchairs and scooters with bench seats inbetween for a couple of friends.

I don't recall the length of the bench or how many people it will hold.

The bench will be used by people parking on either side, so seating with a guest may be limited.

Sometimes, and I don't think that you can ever predict this, the package line has more wheelchairs and scooters than they have spaces.

My only suggestion is to get in line early just incase.

Maybe earlier in the day you could just go by and look at the seating area for wheelchairs before any of the shows prepare to open.

When I was in the standby line, all of the front accessible seats were full and I was directed to sit in the back row area.

I still had a wonderful view, and I really enjoyed the event. I always do.

One year when they didn't have spaces, I volunteered to park my scooter, but I really had to walk too far to sit down close.

This was my mistake. I was trying to sit in the center.

Another time I did the same thing and sat on the end of the row. I would have rather sat in my scooter in the back accessible row. I just love the Candlelight Processional and you can get the full view in the back row, too.

I had much the same experience as Ray. I've only attended the CP once and all of us enjoyed it. It was my first trip as a full time power chair user and I was directed to the back row area. We had the CP package but I guess there were a lot of scooters and power chairs for that performance. Still had an amazing time. We're going back this year and I have ressies for the CP package.
The show was beautiful and inspiring. I hope you are able to attend and have a great time.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter