Candlelight Processional with scooter?

LATJLP

Mouseketeer
Since you have to stand in line for up to an hour before being seated for CP, I will have to bring my scooter....I can walk maybe 1/2 block and stand for a few minutes, but much more than that and it is painful.

But...I don't want MY problem to be a detriment to the rest of my family....so I'm wondering where the seating is for disabled? They'd like to be closer to the front so the little ones can actually see the speaker. Will scooters be in a good location? Or do I suck it up and be in pain so I can sit with them in a good place?

Or....where do they park scooters? Maybe I can be in it until we get close to the front and then someone can park it for me.....do they valet scooters, lol.

First, I suggest getting the package dinner deal for CP. if you do you will get access to a special line for handicap which includes scooters and wheelchairs. You have to remain on the scooter for the show to be in that special line. Your family can be with you in this line. If you want a centered toward the front seat you will have to line up at least 90 minutes ahead even with the package. The handicap front location spots are few.

There is no valet parking for scooters. If you choose to not sit in your scooter for the show there is a place to park it near the stage somewhat. You could have someone in your party do it for you perhaps depending who is in your family. Keep in mind it might be difficult to go against the crowd to park it, if you decide to take it to your seat and then have the scooter parked.

Following up on this....we went last night and saw Gary Sinise. Wonderful show. We had the dinner package at Restaurant Marrakesh for the 6:45 show. WITH the dinner package you line up on the left (facing stage)....there is a separate line if you're going to stay in your chair (which I did).....we got there at 6pm and were 2nd in line!

I also talked with a CM working the show about how it works WITHOUT the dinner package. You line up with the rest of the standby on the right (facing stage) and IF they have seating available after all the dining packages are seated (5 minutes before show starts) then you will be let in.....if you have to stay in your chair and they don't have the special space then you will have the choice of getting out of your chair or waiting first in line for the next show. She definitely recommended the dinner package if you must stay in your seat and to get in line early....she said they had several chairs that they parked behind the last row because there weren't any of the regular disabled spaces left.

This is where we sat.....the first 6 rows (to the side of the stage) were reserved for VIPs (for Gary's show it was family, friends and veterans). We were in the first public row, center aisle (the first chair was on the opposite side of the aisle, same great seat!). For those who have never gone....the raised platform closest to us is where the orchestra conductor stands....the guest speaker stands at the podium higher near the green and yellow railings in the center of the photo. The railings in the center, and to each side are filled with the choir....the center forming a Christmas Tree of people with one singer at the very tip top, her head directly under the hanging star.
12316157_1676115872675238_5089812079889955846_n.jpg

We have gone in years past, but first time with a scooter. I highly recommend these shows!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter