Candlelight Processional

Michigan

Mom of the Rolling Crew
I retired:banana: in April and youngest dd is doing an online homeschool program so we are headed to Clermont, FL from Nov 21 - April 21 (only 8 miles from Disney). Can someone tell me how the candlelight processional works for wheelchair seating? How early do we need to get there and any other advice. Also does anyone know when they tape the Christmas parade for tv?

Cindy

Hi, don't know the answer to your question, but just want to warn you in case you haven't done the drive before, it actually will take you 30-45min to drive from downtown (hwys 27 + 50) Clermont into WDW depending on traffic. We have a home there and do the drive constantly as we are nuts about WDW. Clermont seems deceptively close to WDW but the traffic can really build up and it is further than it seems on paper. Still, Clermont is one of our favorite places in the world! have a great trip.

Wheelchair seating is handled just like regular seating- we wait in the queue line with everyone else ( and other wheelchairs) and then are seated in appropriate spaces when we get to the front. Unless you are willing to get in the line early, you might be seated in the very back- the front seats go first to those in w/c's with a dinner package and then for those who arrive early. Anymore it's not worth it to me to wait in that longggggg line. I just sit at the back of the theater behind the ropes and still have a good view, but of course since only your dd will have a w/c seat, you'd be standing. It seems as though there are always LOTS of wheelchairs and ECV's going to the CP. You might want to splurge on a dinner/lunch package one day just to guarantee good seats. Even then you'll need to queue up in the package line early.---Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter