Candlelight Processional?

mjaynes288

Earning My Ears
My family is going to WDW all next week. My mother and I would love to see the Candlelight Processional with Neil Patrick Harris but I am afraid of buying the diner package. I am autistic, have fatigue issues and sensitivity to smells/perfume. As a morning person there is no way to know if I will be able to handle being at a park in the evening. What are my options?

You could do the dinner ( I really had lunch )package but see the first show ( I did Thisbe last year) the show was over around 6 pm i think or you could do the stand by line but that line can be very long and if it would help you could go in to first aid to rest regroup ( they have coats in there) or my favereat is the dianasor ride all though t it dose have a smell to it the smell is not the perfume kind but kind of burning woods maybe ( the real thing bothers me this ride dose not bother me at all) the ride is long about 45 minutes and never a long line

Last edited:
For NPH, I would NOT do the standby line. That line starts forming for him as soon as that part of World Showcase is accessible and will continue to grow as the day wears on. The dining package WILL sell out for his shows as well and very VERY few standby guests will be allowed in.

Is there somewhere we can hear the performance? It really makes no sense to pay for the package when there is a good chance I will have to leave before the show starts. I have given up on seeing movies and live performances elsewhere. My mother has an ECV, I have a rollator, and my father prefers to stand so we don't really need seats.

There are guests who listen from the back of the theater. Don't expect your line of view to be good. You will need to get there early even for that spot. You can hear the show from there.

The early CP show has early dining packages. You could have a 2 pm meal seating and then do the 5:45 pm show. Maybe, stay away from the park until the afternoon. Sleep in a little later that day. Relax at the resort. If you choose the Biergarten in Germany for your dinner package it's much more reasonable than the others. Think of it as a Christmas gift to all of you. Your mom would love that show.

Last edited:
Arriving to the park later is my suggestion too. Enter the park just before your dining package ADR to maximize stamina and minimize stimulation. Also make a plan in advance for either leaving the CP area or getting back to the resort if you parents would stay and watch the show if you feel you need to leave. Maybe have a meet up spot in the park or nearby hotel lobby.

My family is going to WDW all next week. My mother and I would love to see the Candlelight Processional with Neil Patrick Harris but I am afraid of buying the diner package. I am autistic, have fatigue issues and sensitivity to smells/perfume. As a morning person there is no way to know if I will be able to handle being at a park in the evening. What are my options?

Would you be willing to pay for the dining package (for 3 people), have your parents go do that, and you go someplace to rest/unwind/"de-stimulate" yourself? Or, as SMD and Bete suggest, stay at the resort until it is time for the performance - but have the dining plan for 3 so you can get in? Will they let people pay for the dining, not actually dine (well, some would dine, but not all) and still get into the performance? I mean, people get sick, etc, (I get migraines that last a few hours but then I'm fine later) and if you accept that you have to pay, I would hope it would be OK?

Last year you had to eat there was another group ( we ate a Japan) the group had someone from the other group they had someone at first aid that was not feeling well they were willing to pay for there meal and get the ticket and they would not give them the Candle light procession ticket they said you have to he present to and eat to get it. just an FYI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter