Candlelight processional

One of the CMs at the stage today said they have not been told yet either who it is. Thanks

Don't they keep it hush hush? Last year's narrator (Chris Hemsworth) seemed to be a surprise to many.

Does anyone know what the show times are? We will be there on Saturday night. I would live to catch even a glimpse.

I talked with what seemed to be a supervisor on the way out tonight. She said this year its a completely private event and there will be no public sitting or standing room available. Said it was a majogood change this year but could not tell me why they did it or how are they going to keep people from saving places to watch from. Take it with a grain of salt.

I talked with what seemed to be a supervisor on the way out tonight. She said this year its a completely private event and there will be no public sitting or standing room available. Said it was a majogood change this year but could not tell me why they did it or how are they going to keep people from saving places to watch from. Take it with a grain of salt.
How could they possibly do that? They're holding it in a park that people paid admission to be in. We were in the park today in Town Square looks set up for Candlelight just as usual.

Like I said take it with a grain of salt. As others have said they stop advertising who the narrator is and I think this may just be the next step.

Candlelight has always been classified as a "private event held in a public location." I seriously doubt you were speaking with a lead (or supervisor). The seating area in front of the stage will be limited to invited guests. The benches outside this area will be open to first come first serve, as will the standing areas.

Last year was the first year they did not announce the narrator in advance. Everone found out when he walked out to do the sound check. There was a lot of fan girling happening.

24293991_10156944447895299_8302563816628655210_n.jpg

Candlelight has always been classified as a "private event held in a public location." I seriously doubt you were speaking with a lead (or supervisor). The seating area in front of the stage will be limited to invited guests. The benches outside this area will be open to first come first serve, as will the standing areas...
Thank you for chiming in on this. I was hoping a voice of reason and experience would comment here. It did seem so unlikely that DL would cut off public access of any kind to CP. I can't imagine what kind of upset that would cause, especially without any official warning or advance notice. If you will be there on Saturday, we might see you!

Thank you for chiming in on this. I was hoping a voice of reason and experience would comment here. It did seem so unlikely that DL would cut off public access of any kind to CP. I can't imagine what kind of upset that would cause, especially without any official warning or advance notice. If you will be there on Saturday, we might see you!
It would be almost impossible to do. While the area in front of the train station is for invited guests, there is so much "standing room" space it would be impossible to keep clear. I will have pics tomorrow morning of the area. We will be there for the 530 performance. I am bringing my granddaughter for her first "Candlelight. We have explained to her this weekend is not about rides, but more about family time together. We always follow the performance with dinner at Steakhouse 55! It will be a great evening. Let me know if you are around!

BTW - Odds favorite for Narrator is Emily Blunt. I personally am hoping for Lin Manuel. Other suggestions have been Morgan Freeman and Dick Van Dyke.

So, I’ve never done Candlelight... always seemed like too much of a hassle and we’re not really “stake out a spot all day” types.

But when we were there on Wednesday and saw the stage set-up, my daughter was asking what it is for, and now she keeps asking if we can go... but we have a really busy weekend, so I’m not sure we can make it work.

If we’re not in Disneyland until 12:30-1:00pm or so on Sunday, will we have a chance of staking out a halfway decent spot, or is that too late to bother? We’d have to do the first show because the second is too late for her on a school night... and Saturday is out entirely.

Are there usually different narrators for Sat vs Sun (or different performances)?
There can be for different nights. It has been a couple years since they did that though.

I was just informed Lin Manuel is in LA..... My hopes just went up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter