Candlelight processional

I'm curious, when we were leaving yesterday, they had taped off small areas of the Main Street curb on both sides for people to watch from. Is that all of the standby viewing available or do they allow guests to fill in Main Street after the Processional passes by? After the show ends, does the Processional go back up Main Street?

Just wanted to thank everyone for their answers above to my questions about standby. I decided to try and catch the second show last night and thought I’d share my experience in case anyone looks up this thread next year.

I headed for the park as soon as my conference was over and got there around 5:45. All foot traffic into the park was being sent through the left tunnel and up past city hall toward the hub. The first showing was already underway as I walked through this area. The actual "street" part of Main Street (like between the curbs) was closed off from the square up to the hub with one way traffic on either side on the sidewalks in front of the shops. In the street they had holding areas for people waiting for standby for the next show. There was about a third of the street taped off on either side with the middle section empty. I decided I wanted to aim for the left hand side (facing the stage) since the narrator's stand is sort of angled that direction so I got in the queue on the left side of the street. When I got to this point it was about 6pm. They did have a "crosswalk" at the usual spot near Carnation Cafe/Market House. The sections of holding queue in front of this crosswalk were already full when I arrived but they were just starting the second section behind the crosswalk. I was one of the first 6 people in this section basically in front of the Disney Clothiers shop. We could hear the first CP but definitely not see anything.

A little after 7 they started letting in the accessible seating folks who were lined up next to each holding queue on either side of the street. Their section on the left side anyway was immediately behind the last section of chairs. Shortly thereafter they let one large chunk of folks in (about half of the section in front of me) and then the rest of us waited a while. I’m actually not sure where this group went.

10min or so later they let us in. They were filling a section behind the chairs basically from the planters in front of Disneyana all the way back to the Christmas tree. Many people were filling in the front of this section along the rope but CMs were trying to get people to move all the way forward. I ended up near the front of this section about 3 people back from the rope, basically in front of Disneyana. This was my view.
30-B0-C71-E-70-CA-4488-B671-B3-DFFF8255-D7.jpg

C5-A3-AEFC-E60-F-4971-9-FFB-3-C35-BFCBBAA7.jpg

Mere moments before the show started they pulled about 20 people from my standby section and seated them in two empty rows of chairs. I got close to getting in this group but not quite :(

This meant the whole group shifted forward a bit which actually wasn’t ideal since I ended up with a taller guy in front of me. But in the end it didn’t matter.

The choir, musicians and Chris Pratt were all wonderful. I was SO glad I went and found it all pretty painless to get a pretty good spot for the show. I would not hesistate to do this again.

After CP I had a great evening in the park too. Super low crowds. Got a great fireworks spot less than 30min ahead of time, walked in to BTMRR and POTC, had a FP for HMH but standby was only 20min (and looked like less). After HMH I stopped and watched the second F! for a few minutes (again, great walk up spots available) then rode IASW. There were still FPs available in MaxPass for everything after 11pm but standby times were short too. I decided it was time to head back to the hotel but suspect I could have hit 3-4 more rides in the last hour if I’d wanted to.
2-EAD499-D-2211-421-D-964-F-CF6-D0-FEBBCB7.jpg

Just wanted to thank everyone for their answers above to my questions about standby. I decided to try and catch the second show last night and thought I’d share my experience in case anyone looks up this thread next year.

I headed for the park as soon as my conference was over and got there around 5:45. All foot traffic into the park was being sent through the left tunnel and up past city hall toward the hub. The first showing was already underway as I walked through this area. The actual "street" part of Main Street (like between the curbs) was closed off from the square up to the hub with one way traffic on either side on the sidewalks in front of the shops. In the street they had holding areas for people waiting for standby for the next show. There was about a third of the street taped off on either side with the middle section empty. I decided I wanted to aim for the left hand side (facing the stage) since the narrator's stand is sort of angled that direction so I got in the queue on the left side of the street. When I got to this point it was about 6pm. They did have a "crosswalk" at the usual spot near Carnation Cafe/Market House. The sections of holding queue in front of this crosswalk were already full when I arrived but they were just starting the second section behind the crosswalk. I was one of the first 6 people in this section basically in front of the Disney Clothiers shop. We could hear the first CP but definitely not see anything.

A little after 7 they started letting in the accessible seating folks who were lined up next to each holding queue on either side of the street. Their section on the left side anyway was immediately behind the last section of chairs. Shortly thereafter they let one large chunk of folks in (about half of the section in front of me) and then the rest of us waited a while. I’m actually not sure where this group went.

10min or so later they let us in. They were filling a section behind the chairs basically from the planters in front of Disneyana all the way back to the Christmas tree. Many people were filling in the front of this section along the rope but CMs were trying to get people to move all the way forward. I ended up near the front of this section about 3 people back from the rope, basically in front of Disneyana. This was my view.
30-B0-C71-E-70-CA-4488-B671-B3-DFFF8255-D7.jpg

C5-A3-AEFC-E60-F-4971-9-FFB-3-C35-BFCBBAA7.jpg

Mere moments before the show started they pulled about 20 people from my standby section and seated them in two empty rows of chairs. I got close to getting in this group but not quite :(

This meant the whole group shifted forward a bit which actually wasn’t ideal since I ended up with a taller guy in front of me. But in the end it didn’t matter.

The choir, musicians and Chris Pratt were all wonderful. I was SO glad I went and found it all pretty painless to get a pretty good spot for the show. I would not hesistate to do this again.

After CP I had a great evening in the park too. Super low crowds. Got a great fireworks spot less than 30min ahead of time, walked in to BTMRR and POTC, had a FP for HMH but standby was only 20min (and looked like less). After HMH I stopped and watched the second F! for a few minutes (again, great walk up spots available) then rode IASW. There were still FPs available in MaxPass for everything after 11pm but standby times were short too. I decided it was time to head back to the hotel but suspect I could have hit 3-4 more rides in the last hour if I’d wanted to.
2-EAD499-D-2211-421-D-964-F-CF6-D0-FEBBCB7.jpg
I have never seen a CP before but I was in the area for work and thought I would be crazy not to try and see it . The show is AMAZING ! I was surprised at how security kept everyone away from the first show. I was in the first store on the left when the first show started. I started to look from in the store, I was at least 10 feet from the door and security told me I can’t stand there and I need to keep moving ! So I left out another door and got in line for the second show. Some how there was room on the right side of the show right up against the rope. It was almost like standing in the last row of seats! In my opinion Mr. Pratt did an ok job. I thought he was putting emphasis on the wrong word sometimes. He did a great job in his talk to the audience though. Overall the show BLEW ME AWAY! Now I just have to figure out how to make it to next years show. :) lol !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts