candlelight processional ?

JenandMolly

Earning My Ears
We're headed to POR in 7 days and I am interested in seeing the Candlelight Processional show while we're there. I'll be using a manual wheelchair (from home) because of my muscular dystrophy. (I wear AFOs and can walk-- just not long distances, up any stairs or inclines) Have any of you seen this show in years past? How is the accessible seating? I can sit in regular seating, DH can help me up or down a few stairs or ramps. OR should we stick to the wheechair areas?

I've learned a lot from this board, thanks! Two years ago (before I had my contracture surgery and got AFOs) we went to CBR and rented a chair at the parks. This year we're bringing our own.

No stairs just slanted and ramp like. If needed you can be wheelced up to most rows and then move to seat. Then the wheelcchair will be placed at the back and someone will need to retrieve it after the show.
Normally I park my power chair and hobble to my seat and then back after with my cane. Doing better so may not even need that this year.

On a related note, ASL interpreters will be available at all performances of the Candlelight Processional this year.

IF you are in a wheelchair and need ASL interpreting you should contact Mark Jones and let him know which performance you plan to attend as spots near the interpreter for wheelchairs are limited. This is one reason that I now transfer to a regular seat. Better sight line with the interpreter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter