Candlelight Processional ?

You don't have to book the Candlelight Processional itself - general seating is free. It's a beautiful performance with a celebrity narrator (official list of narrators for this year has not been announced) reading short passages telling the Christmas story with a wonderful WDW choir joined by visiting choirs singing between the passages. It's absolutely beautiful.

Many people (me included) opt to do the CP Dinner Package. The lines for general seating can be very long, and the CP Dinner Package includes seating in a very nice section front-and-center. The list of restaurants and the prices for this year's dinner package have not been announced yet. There are 3 performances each evening from late November to early January. With the dinner package, you choose the time that you want to attend and WDW Dining will tell you the dining times that correspond with that performance. In the past, there have been three price tiers of dining options, with buffet-type restaurants like Garden Grill, Biergarten and the Restaurant Akershus in the lower (less expensive) tier and other Epcot restaurants in the upper two tiers. The package also usually includes a 15% discount at Epcot shops for the day of the dinner package, but I'm not sure if that was included last year, I think I read somewhere that it wasn't.

Keep watching the DIS Boards for news that Disney has announced the CP narrators and dinner package, then call and make your PS if you choose to do the package.

I used the package last year and the 15% shopping discount was no longer included. Depending on how many people book the package for a performance, you may not get up front. I've used the package 3 times and we always ended up in the second section, never under the roof (luckily we never had rain). They reserve many of the seats in the front section for special guests.

This years dates are 11/26 to 12/30.

Information from last year:

http://allearsnet.com/tp/h_cpfaq.htm

And just be aware that you are charged the full amount for the tickets at time of booking, and you are stuck with it, no matter what the weather. I'd also think you would at least want to know who the speakers are going to be, officially.

We've done the Candlelight Processional 3 different times now. We love it and it really is a wonderful way to get in the spirit of the season. We opt for the package and have always had a wonderful meal after.

Originally posted by JamesD
And just be aware that you are charged the full amount for the tickets at time of booking, and you are stuck with it, no matter what the weather. I'd also think you would at least want to know who the speakers are going to be, officially.

You can cancel up to 48 hours prior to the performance and get a full refund. So if you want to change the date after the speakers come out, you can do that. There were reports last year that some people were able to change their dates when the weather was bad. This would depend on availability for the alternate date.

For CP is a great deal in our opinion.You get a great dinner and great seats for CP without standing in que for a hour and a half.This year we are planning on eating at LeCellier as dining portion of dinner package.::yes:: :wave2:

What time are the performances? Do you think it's possible to do both CP and Illuminations Cruise in the same evening?

I want to do both of these on Christmas Eve.

Do you get to pick your dinner time or does it depend on which show you attend?

The showtimes in previous years were 5:00, 6:45, 8:15. You tell them the show you want to see and they tell you what dinner times are available for that show. Illuminations isn't until 9:30. If you saw the 5:00 show, had dinner at 6:00-6:30, you should be able to make the cruise. Or if you did the 6:45 show, had dinner before around 4:30-5:00, the show would be over at 7:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter