Candy Sushi Class

jkh36619

DIS Veteran
For anyone interested, the candy sushi making class registration opens today for the F&W festival. It's free but you have to hold your spot with a credit card. I signed up for something different to do.

It says you can book online but right now it tells you to call when attempting to book online.

Sounds interesting, we're thinking about a last minute trip on Labor Day weekend and this sounds like it would be a fun family activity. But I really don't understand the "free but requires a credit card to hold your spot." Are they going to charge me if I can't show, but not charge me if I do?

Sounds interesting, we're thinking about a last minute trip on Labor Day weekend and this sounds like it would be a fun family activity. But I really don't understand the "free but requires a credit card to hold your spot." Are they going to charge me if I can't show, but not charge me if I do?

correct

Lots of chatter about this in the thread on the restaurant board - many days are already full. I called at 8:30 this morning and my date was already totally full .... from what can see every day through at least Sept 12th is all full

CMs are saying to stop by 30mins before the session to see if you can get in

Thanks, @rteetz!

I just called and, despite being there for 2 weeks, in the 2nd and 3rd weeks in October, I could not get my niece a spot. I did get them for the end of October for another niece. The CM told me to ask when we are at Epcot, as there may be spaces available on the day.

Wow did they really fill up that fast? Luckily I called pretty early this morning

Someone just posted in the other thread that the CM told them there are only 10-12 spots per class, so no wonder they filled up fast!

The CM was thinking maybe they are just testing the waters to see the level of interest and may add more classes or move it to a larger location or something

(but com'on Disney, you didn't think a complimentary offering at Food & Wine would be popular?!?!?)

Someone just posted in the other thread that the CM told them there are only 10-12 spots per class, so no wonder they filled up fast!

The CM was thinking maybe they are just testing the waters to see the level of interest and may add more classes or move it to a larger location or something

(but com'on Disney, you didn't think a complimentary offering at Food & Wine would be popular?!?!?)
I’d even pay a small fee. $10-$20 per class seems reasonable.

I’d even pay a small fee. $10-$20 per class seems reasonable.

yeah, I think they wanted to come off as having things for kids this year, but I agree with you - a small fee would control crowds a lot better and just create for a better experience

It would be different if it was like more of a continuous thing that you just walk up and could make one things or something (like the KidCOT stations)

Still having to call or could you do it online?

You can do it online. I just got a space in mid-October, which was unavailable last night.

Edit: I would happily pay a small fee - it sounds really fun. It’s great to see that they have opened more spaces up.

Shows space for my date but when I hit the time to make the reservation nothing happens. IT fail—again.

Shows space for my date but when I hit the time to make the reservation nothing happens. IT fail—again.

If you can, I would call them but keep trying online in the meantime. It seems to be filling up very fast, even with the higher capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter