Canobie Lake Park Meet Poll!!! **Update** We've got a date...Aug. 21!!!

Which August date works best for you/and or your family?

• Sat..Aug 6

• Sun..Aug 7

• Sat..Aug 13

• Sun..Aug 14

• Sat..Aug 20

• Sun..Aug 21

• Sat..Aug 27

• Sun..Aug 28

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, I for one, am not volunteering to figure out the 'saturation' point for chunk blowing....after yesterday, I think I may have to be standing in a further away spot....I think we may have been in a little too close by those swings guys!!! If someone had, shall we say..use for the poor chunk clean-up boys, well, we would have been spewed all over!!! Think I'll stick to sitting on the benches.

And Karen...indeed a wimp here!!! But, I think I will be finishing the nights out with you guys in Nov/Dec!!!! At least on the 2nd, I'll be staying until they close the place up!!!

I'm just really glad that none of us had blown chunks. That would not have been a good thing.

Kim, the Duck Pond game was just after the Yankee Cannonball on the left if you were walking out of the park. There was a fishing game, and a few other games as well. I always have to fish and play the duck game when I go.

Mary Ann, all's I can say is that if I was in the chunk zone for any ride, and someone had hit me with chunks, I would have been blowing chunks myself.

Diane, you better get your old bones rested before Nov./Dec. We're going to keep you going and going :)

Karen

magiroux said:
Ah yes, the chunk patrol. I think they should have more enthusiastic people for that job position, don't you? They would definately have MORE people (not just the crazy DIS Group) "applauding" thier efforts :rotfl2:
Jean and I were wondering if there was an exsisting formula to figure out the chunk projectile Safe Distance Zone or "SDZ" for each ride. We thought the barriers were well INSIDE that zone at the swing ride. Flying chunks, anyone???
Any math geniuses out there...Ferris, anyone, anyone?????
Hi All-
Chunk Theory (CT) would appear to be an ideal science fair project. Although, no math genius I am assuming it would, in the case of Da Vinci's Dream, involve:
height x velocity with centrifigal force figuring prominently.
We should also allow for the windspeed factor as well as chunker's age (in reference to esophogeal muscle development, another important factor in determining projectile velocity). Of course, harder to determine, but also necessary to factor in, would be the weight of the chunks. Oh, are we just counting actual chunks or the aromatic puree of semi-digested foods??? I am unclear how or even if, ambient air temperature would figure in to the hurl factor (HF). It seems obvious that CT as a science fair entry is way overdue. Imagine the opportunites for a colorful PowerPoint presentation! The charts! the graphs!
Okay, I'm making myself sick!
SeaWorld has been good about 'Splash Zone' warnings, seems that amusement parks could warn us of 'Chunk Zones'. Well, at least CLP provides a nice wash-The Boston Tea Party-& a wide choice of dry cycles-Turkish Twist, & of course, Da Vinci's Dream or Paratrooper, as demonstrated by Karen, arms flung wide, legs outstretched & most importantly, gleefully bellowing, "Whoo! Whoo!"
DID ANYONE ELSE LOSE THEIR CAR?? :earboy2: Patrick & I wandered aimlessly until Chris. eyes rolling, rescued us & set us on the right path.
:bitelip:
Jean

Jean, that is just scary. We have put way too much thought into this chunk issue, haven't we? I asked for it.

Hi had a blast on paratrooper, just enjoying the breeze and whooooooooooing all the way around. I was loud enough that Julia shouted to me from her car, "Karen, you're crazy."

My goal in life is to have more fun than anyone else, and I certianly did yesterday ;)

Karen

jonestavern said:
Hi All-
Chunk Theory (CT) would appear to be an ideal science fair project. Although, no math genius I am assuming it would, in the case of Da Vinci's Dream, involve:
height x velocity with centrifigal force figuring prominently.
We should also allow for the windspeed factor as well as chunker's age (in reference to esophogeal muscle development, another important factor in determining projectile velocity). Of course, harder to determine, but also necessary to factor in, would be the weight of the chunks.
Jean

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!!!!!!
:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Darn, totally forgot about this date.... but it ended up being my son's christening date anyway. Glad you all had fun, and I hope to be at the next meet! Any ideas floating around out there?

So glad to hear such fun was had.

I wish we could've made it. Turned out DD was sick. Probably too much bday cake from the day before.

There will be other meets you guys. And those will be great fun also. In fact, there was some talk of making CLP an annual type thing it was so much fun...both for adults and the kids. So, stay tuned for next years CLP meet!!!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

WooooooooooooooHooooooooooooo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter