Can't anything be done about the speed of this site?

Anyone know to whom we can send money to help fix the problem???

I agree...they are painfully slow. I have noticed this last few months.
Sometimes I can't even open a forum at all or once I get in there I get a timeclock on every single post....sometimes I just give up and leave.

I admit its frustrating. :rolleyes1

although right now...they are quick....I figured traffic also...but noticing it more an more all day long. :confused3

Speed of your PC, internet and memory capacity mean nothing if you're

"waiting for disboards.com ... "

Browsers can make a difference, though.

Firefox works best but I also use Opera at times.

Internet Explorer is awful, does not matter what version. I do not use it.

Another vote for sloooooooooooooow. It's not my computer either. I have a really fast Mac with a high speed cable internet connection. I too can open up another tab or window and have another popular site like CNN or You Tube load right up in a couple of seconds. The search here is pretty bad also. ;) But I put up with the slow because there just isn't any other Disney Board out there that comes close to the Dis!

I wonder if a lot of people hit "Refresh" and/or use the "New Posts" search feature? That would impact the turnaround as the server churns to fulfill those requests.

I was looking how to turn off all the moving icons, photos and banner ads.
I've had the signatures and avatars turned off for a long time. No real impact on speed.

I use three different browsers and several different computers on a high-speed connection. I'm on a lot of sites at any given time, but this site is always the "slowest of them all."

The admins have the "Who's Online" turned off, but when new posts increase with many different posters, that means there are more people online. There's a definite link between traffic and speed. When there are a lot of people online, the site slows down.

I'm a member of a multitude of other boards for
Audio, Video, Photoshop... and other Disney boards (imagine that ;))

And do you do maps for them as well? **Gasp!!** I sort of feel like I'm being cheated on. :rotfl2:

I too have always found the DISboards to be slow using the latest Internet Explorer. I tried using Google Chrome and find it to be much quicker. Still laggy at times, but nothing like the huge lags I get when I use IE.

It's been crazy slow for me but it's only been for the past month or so? I'm running a Mac with Firefox and have never had a problem before. What gives?

I think that the Stacy video should pop up while you wait for a page to load (the old version of Stacy, not the new virtual-set-pantsuit-wearing version).

...fish, fish, fish

They took the search function away for a while to help with the speed. I'd rather have search and deal with the slowness than to be without it.

its not slow for me at all. You have to clean up your pc from time to time, delete spyware and temp internet files. bogs load time down

I don't have a problem with slowness since I turned off everyone's signatures. Y'all might want to try that. Sure, you don't get to see the tickers and the pictures and the icons and the what-have-you's and hooseydiggers, but you won't miss them at all, I promise!

Its been slow for a while, I've noticed. Sometimes so much that it actually times out. Soooooo slow lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter