Can't anything be done about the speed of this site?

I am reading from the internet channel on the wii, and surprisingly it's pretty quick. But tying sucks.

I am reading from the internet channel on the wii, and surprisingly it's pretty quick. But typing sucks.

Wii uses an Opera browser, which is speedy. It's a stripped down Opera browser and some things the Wii can't do.

And yes, typing with the Wii pointer is painfully slow.

The site is just way to slow which usually keeps me from posting. It takes forever to get a message box and then to submit is another delay. It's not my PC, it's not my connection.

This doesn't seem to be a bandwidth issue with the site as my ping times are very consistent. If bandwidth was peaked I would expect to see erratic and higher ping results.

I think the problem is specifically with Vbulliten and SQL. Has anyone with the Dis opened a support ticket with vbulliten? From what I heard they have great support and the slowness experienced here doesn't seem to be an isolated issue as there are pages of hits on google regarding this issue.

Turning off avatars / sigs gives a minimal increase in speed.

The site is always slow for me as well.

I would imagine this is due to the MYSQL (database used, typically, for VB) server(s) simply being bombarded by the large amount of traffic.

The solution is to upgrade to a more robust plan or host provider. If cost is a concern, I would imagine that many of us here would donate to help to provide a faster experience.

The responsiveness is just insanely slow and I've given up posting many times because of it.

Just wanted to update that it took 12 minutes to open a thread in the Theme Parks board and then have my reply successfully submitted. That's sad

The site is just way to slow which usually keeps me from posting. It takes forever to get a message box and then to submit is another delay. It's not my PC, it's not my connection.

This doesn't seem to be a bandwidth issue with the site as my ping times are very consistent. If bandwidth was peaked I would expect to see erratic and higher ping results.

I think the problem is specifically with Vbulliten and SQL. Has anyone with the Dis opened a support ticket with vbulliten? From what I heard they have great support and the slowness experienced here doesn't seem to be an isolated issue as there are pages of hits on google regarding this issue.

Turning off avatars / sigs gives a minimal increase in speed.

They have special forums and such set up for big boards, as I had posted in another thread or earlier in this one. There is just only so much you can do with php and mysql for speed. And I've found some threads where they talk about what they run the boards on and for it being a free message board, they are running on some pretty nice hardware.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts