Can't Believe We Are Going Again So Soon PTR 10/17-21/17

fire616

Mouseketeer
So excited!!!
We are headed to Walt Disney World 10/16-22/2017

Who is going??

rsz_dlpca_castleicon1nc_20161007_7823663376.jpg

DH - Wes, he says he has been to Disneyland and Walt Disney World 15 times. His favorite ride - all of them, and favorite park is Magic Kingdom.
Myself - Ellen, I have been to the parks 10 times. My favorite ride is It's A Small World and favorite park is Magic Kingdom.

We can not believe it we are headed to WDW.

We went to Disneyland last October with my mom, mother-in-law, father-in-law, daughter, son-in-law, grandson, sister-in-law and niece.

rsz_dlpca_dlmick1_20161007_391180219207.jpg

We figured we would go to WDW in 2019 when my oldest Granddaughter graduates high school.

So when DH suggested going this October, I was like really?? Whoo Hoo!!!!

This trip will be just the two of us. We will be staying t ASMu.

rsz_dca_route66_20161008_7824381236.jpg

After a couple of days discussing whether to go or not (no duh) we booked our trip with only 68 days before we leave.
The planning now begins.

Last edited:
Plans we made so far
Our daughter and her husband will drive us to PDX (2 hour drive) after we have both worked a full day. We will fly out of PDX at 11:40pm on 10/16 and arrive at MCO at 9:40am. DH is able to sleep anywhere - in fact in he once slept on the hospital floor in my grandmother's room, so I have no worries of him sleeping on the plane. We will take DME to ASMu before heading a park.

th

Tentative plans are:

Tuesday - Magic Kingdom then hop over to Epcot. Hoping we are in MK in time to see the parade and then F&W at Epcot
Wednesday - Disney Hollywood Studios, hop to Animal Kingdom, then hop over to MK
Thursday - Epcot in the morning and then head over to DHS to see the Star Wars fireworks
Friday - MK and then Epcot for some more F&W
Saturday - Animal Kingdom and then close the trip out with the fireworks at MK

We will need to go to Disney Springs at least once, as I will need to get a box of Potato Head pieces for my preschool classroom. The last time we were in WDW, I was able to get a box and they are a big hit with the kids.

downtown-disney.jpg

I will be able to finalize plans on Friday when I am able to schedule my FP.

We have never been to WDW for F&W and DH loves to eat. This will be an adventure for him and I see him trying lots of new foods.

th

Looking forward to FOP and Na'vi Journey (hoping for FP).

Getting up early to schedule Fastpasses!!

Set my alarm for 3:40 am this morning in order to schedule my fast passes at 4:00 am. I had read all the posts about scheduling FOP later in our week. So I began with our last day and got the only FP for the whole time we are there - whoo hoo. I then looked up FEA and was actually able to get FP for two of our days. Also got a FP for 7DMT.

Our Plan with FP looks like this:
Tuesday - MK then park hop to Epcot. At Epcot FP's for Mission in Space 5:35, Frozen Ever After 6:40 and Spaceship Earth 7:40
Wednesday - DHS for rope drop - hoping to do Toy Story on standby and then our FP are RnRc 9:25, ToT 10:25 and then Star Tours at 11:45
Thursday - Epcot Spaceship Earth 9:30, Living with the Land 11:10, and FEA at 3:35
Friday -MK Peter Pan 9:10, BTM at 10:20 and 7DMT at 1:25
Saturday - Kilimanjaro Safaris 9:10, Expedition Everest 10:40 and FOP at 4:35

Since it is just DH and myself going we plan on park hopping each day. We will be able to go at our pace and do what we want without having to plan with anyone else. DH loves to people watch so I know there will be times that we will sit and watch people going by - of course while DH is having to something to eat at the same time.

Think I am going to head back to bed for a little bit. Have to get up and go to a huge craft sale up the road from me in a little bit. Got to work on my T-shirt designs later today and figure out what color t-shirts we want.

Back to school/work and t-shirt orders

Started back to work and getting my classroom ready for the school year. I am a preschool teacher for Head Start so I have been busy with trainings, getting my classroom ready, going on Home Visits and preparing lesson plans. So thankful for my co-teacher. We had to take our fifth wheel in for it's warranty check and work, so while we were out of town we bought our suitcase for the trip. We also picked up a couple of shirts at the Disney store that I will added some words to. I have a heat press that I use and will be creating a couple of t-shirts for us to wear to the parks. I will post pictures of them as I finish. Today is another busy day - last day of our county fair and then home to work on t-shirt orders for our GD's volleyball team.

Last edited:

Hurricanes and Wildfires

As the east coast deals with hurricanes, we here in the Pacific West Coast are dealing with wildfires. The fire in the Columbia River Gorge is a little over a hour from us. As of last night the west end of my home town was put on level 1 evacuations. We have been dealing with heavy, heavy smoke in our area. Most schools did not let children out for recess and outside sports practiced in the gyms.

We began classes this week and was not able to take children outside due to the smoke. Makes for an interesting day when 17, 3-5 year olds have to stay inside.

Today's plans are to work on my Disney t-shirts, decorate my suitcase, and finish up my other t-shirt orders.

Disney Plans - 38 days until we are at WDW
We have been changing our plans - we have decided not to park hop.
Our plans:
Tuesday arrive at MCO, go to ASMu, then head over to Epcot - have FP for Mission in Space, Spaceship Earth and FEA. Looking forward to F&W
Wednesday - MK with FP for Space Mountain, Buzz, and just scored 7DMT.
Thursday - DHS - with FP for Tower of Terror, Star Wars, and Toy Story
Friday - MK with FP for Peter Pan, 7DMT, and Thunder Mountain
Sat - AK with FP for Safari, Everest, and FOP

Still trying to get a ADR for Be Our Guest - need a little pixie dust for that one

Be Our Guest

We got ADR for BoG. It is two separate ADRs 10 minutes apart. I will go in first and get our table, then DH will follow and join me.

Got my t-shirts done
upload_2017-9-26_5-57-44.pngupload_2017-9-26_5-58-3.png

Been busy going to DGD high school volleyball games, my 30 DS participated in his 9th year of the Pig Bowl. This is a football game that adults from Oregon and Washington law enforcement and Fire Department play to raise money for people in our community to help out with medical bills. My son is called the Ringer (Random guy who just shows up). He originally began playing because a friend of ours in the fire department invited him. Tonight we have a volleyball game an then our DGS has his first Middle School football game.

We will be at WDW in 21 days!!!!! Lots to do in the next 3 weeks. A wedding, Christmas, work, and lots of sports games.

RoL Dining Package at Tusker House

I had set up alerts and received a text message tonight and was able to reserve breakfast at Tusker House with the ROL package. So excited.

Down to our last full week before we leave. Going to be a busy week. One volleyball game, a football Homecoming game (our DGD is on Homecoming Court). Just completed heat pressing 15 t-shirts/sweatshirts for a local business here in town. Have 40 t-shirts to design and heat press before Thursday night for the Homecoming tail gate party and 3 sweatshirts for the girls on Court. Sometime this week we will be getting our new bed (beyond excited).

So exciting! You trip is coming up very soon. Looks like it will be a really nice trip. Hopefully I will someday be able to make it back to Disney for F&W. We'll be just missing it this year, but will be happy to participate in Christmas activities. You'll have to share tons of food pictures when you come back so I can live vicariously through you.

Also, very nice T-shirts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!