Can't book 1 night in a cabin

Wendysofftoneverland

DIS Veteran
Are there any exceptions to this? We don't even want just 1 night; it is really adding a night. We have a 1 night reservation because that was all that was available with a discount (that ended up being about 20 percent off). Now they are showing that 2 nights are available without a discount, but the only way to get that 2nd night is to completely rebook as a 2 night stay, paying an extra $105 for the first night. I know they are trying to eliminate 1 night stays, but in our case, it means we go home after 1 night instead of 2, and they miss out on us spending $ at an Epcot festival. Is it possible for them to overrule this, or is it system limitation?

This has been common at the Fort for the last few years. Trying to book a short stay (1-3 days) and nothing is available. Try for a longer stay that includes the same nights as before and suddenly there is availability. I assume it is to avoid stranded nights, but the only resolution is to cancel and rebook. Hopefully what you want is available.

There had been a common practice where people would book campsites for long blocks, just to drop the nights they didn't want a few weeks out. Disney has stopped that practice too. You have to cancel the whole stay and rebook. Unfortunately, the campsites are frequently booked up and the nights you really want aren't available (even though you just dropped them). This has stopped the reservation hoarders, but for people that legitimatly need to drop a day at the beginning or end are often stuck with an extra night because there is nothing showing to rebook.

j

Rebooking means paying $100+ more for the first night, so I guess we will just keep with a 1 night stay. Good to know we can't book the 2nd night as a 2 night stay and then drop the 3rd night. I'd thought of doing that but it sounds like that won't work either.

Update: I keep periodically checking to see if the closer the trip gets, if I will be able to book the one night to add on to our discounted first night of our stay. It seems to be going in the opposite direction though. First, I could get a 2-night stay. Then the date we wanted would only show up as part of a 3-night stay. Now I have to look for 4 nights for any cabin availability to show up. As the trip gets closer, I may try calling again, but I'm wondering if I will have to wait until I am on-site to successfully add a night (assuming there is still availability then).

Update: I keep periodically checking to see if the closer the trip gets, if I will be able to book the one night to add on to our discounted first night of our stay. It seems to be going in the opposite direction though. First, I could get a 2-night stay. Then the date we wanted would only show up as part of a 3-night stay. Now I have to look for 4 nights for any cabin availability to show up. As the trip gets closer, I may try calling again, but I'm wondering if I will have to wait until I am on-site to successfully add a night (assuming there is still availability then).
That’s an interesting idea that I hadn’t thought of before (probably because it requires you to plan to be flexible at the last moment), but maybe that is the ONE exception. Maybe you CAN add a single night on the actual day/night you are planning to stay so long as there is availability….

That’s an interesting idea that I hadn’t thought of before (probably because it requires you to plan to be flexible at the last moment), but maybe that is the ONE exception. Maybe you CAN add a single night on the actual day/night you are planning to stay so long as there is availability….
I booked a room at a Disney Springs hotel with cancellation allowed up until noon the day of check-in as a backup...but it's about $250 cheaper than the cabin, so as much of a pain as it is to pack up after just one night, we might stick with this backup plan.
Resorts have a min/maxi booking rule.
That is understandable, but I feel like they should put that in writing, rather than printing "1 night minimum" on the booking portion of the website. It is especially frustrating that I have a 1 night stay booked, but they effectively won't let me make it into a 2-night stay. My options are now keep a 1 night stay or extend it to a 5 night stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter