Can't Book Jambo Now If You Own At Kidani???

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
I was trying for an AKV value studio this morning, but when I clicked to book, it stated "Can't Book a Non-Home Resort" due to being outside my booking window. I've always been able to book at Jambo even though I own at Kidani. What is going on?

I was trying for an AKV value studio this morning, but when I clicked to book, it stated "Can't Book a Non-Home Resort" due to being outside my booking window. I've always been able to book at Jambo even though I own at Kidani. What is going on?
Glitch.

I’ve had it happen, too. It eventually worked itself out but I lost out on a few attempts at a CL studio because of it. Unfortunately for you, that value studio will be gone by the time MS opens and they will not be able to help you.

Glitch.

I’ve had it happen, too. It eventually worked itself out but I lost out on a few attempts at a CL studio because of it. Unfortunately for you, that value studio will be gone by the time MS opens and they will not be able to help you.
Oh it was gone by the time I refreshed and tried again. I’ve stayed in many value rooms and have never had this happen.

I’ve read on these boards that if you own at Kidani the booking tool defaults to Kidani, but you can scroll down and click Jambo and it will search both sets of inventory.

I’ve read on these boards that if you own at Kidani the booking tool defaults to Kidani, but you can scroll down and click Jambo and it will search both sets of inventory.
Yes that is what I did. It has to be changed or otherwise it searches only for Kidani. What happened this morning was that I switched it to Jambo but was given a message that it was a non-home resort. I have since called MS to report the issue. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Yes that is what I did. It has to be changed or otherwise it searches only for Kidani. What happened this morning was that I switched it to Jambo but was given a message that it was a non-home resort. I have since called MS to report the issue. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Quite a few people although in this case you probably were just a second or so early in searching since you were able to book it on your next search. The error messages on the website are often incorrect on what the actual issue is.

Quite a few people although in this case you probably were just a second or so early in searching since you were able to book it on your next search. The error messages on the website are often incorrect on what the actual issue is.
Actually I was a second early at first. I got the "you can't book until 8:00 am EST" message. (That has been happening to me lately, something that hasn't happened before. I thought as you got older, you got slower. :rolleyes1) I refreshed and then got the message "This isn't your home resort." I didn't get to book it. It was gone by the time I refreshed again. But I did try to book a standard room just to see what it did, and it was going to allow me. So it only did it with the value, which is what I found was strange.

ETA: Same thing happened again this morning!!! :headache: I thought it was saying it wasn’t my home resort but it’s not. This time I got a screenshot. What makes no sense is that it’s telling me to book something 4 months out or later???? I’m trying to book 11 months out. What is going on? Again it’s just doing this with a value.

Last edited:

Actually I was a second early at first. I got the "you can't book until 8:00 am EST" message. (That has been happening to me lately, something that hasn't happened before. I thought as you got older, you got slower. :rolleyes1) I refreshed and then got the message "This isn't your home resort." I didn't get to book it. It was gone by the time I refreshed again. But I did try to book a standard room just to see what it did, and it was going to allow me. So it only did it with the value, which is what I found was strange.

ETA: Same thing happened again this morning!!! :headache: I thought it was saying it wasn’t my home resort but it’s not. This time I got a screenshot. What makes no sense is that it’s telling me to book something 4 months out or later???? I’m trying to book 11 months out. What is going on? Again it’s just doing this with a value.
View attachment 512129

What has been mentioned is that message happens when the room is gone and it adjusts your start date to the next day,which is now outside the window.

The other message about the 4 months book is still a mystery. so, today it appears that by the time you clicked book, they were indeed all gone.

View attachment 512129

Yes, that is the mystery message. I've gotten it at 7 months bookings too when I've run into the not your home resort and then it's moved onto this message. Then within 5 or 10 minutes it runs the search just like it should and gives proper messages that would allow a waitlist. I think I first had that happen 1 1/2 years ago or possible even before that.

So now I'm even more confused. Am I clicking too soon or too late? This is so stressful, considering I can only try to book a value every several days. As of right now, it looks like I have to wait another 6 days to even try. (That's something else that I've never had happen before.) That's a lot of pressure to click at the right moment!

So now I'm even more confused. Am I clicking too soon or too late? This is so stressful, considering I can only try to book a value every several days. As of right now, it looks like I have to wait another 6 days to even try. (That's something else that I've never had happen before.) That's a lot of pressure to click at the right moment!

Honestly, it is pure luck...if you click book right at 8 am, you may or may not get it in the seconds it takes for them to disappear.

It is the same way with BW SV studios....gone in a millisecond

Honestly, it is pure luck...if you click book right at 8 am, you may or may not get it in the seconds it takes for them to disappear.

It is the same way with BW SV studios....gone in a millisecond
Oh, I know you have to be lucky. Haha! I am someone with NO luck (my DH calls me "red-light {my name}" because I hit every red light possible when driving). It's amazing that I've been lucky getting value rooms since I'm usually so unlucky with everything else. I guess my luck has run out! I'm just surprised to see these issues that I've never seen before.

A lot of members with extra points booking more trips than normal. I think we are going to see a whole different booking pattern for the next year or so given the number of canceled trips in 2020.

A lot of members with extra points booking more trips than normal. I think we are going to see a whole different booking pattern for the next year or so given the number of canceled trips in 2020.
Very true! We actually are ones that cancelled two trips in AKV value studios in 2020. Trying to book them for 2021. Need lots of pixie dust!!!

We own at Jambo, but have never had a problem booking at Kidani at 11 months.
Maybe we have been lucky or maybe they changed the software and it glitches more.
We have an April 2021 reserved at 11 months for Kidani.

We own at Jambo, but have never had a problem booking at Kidani at 11 months.
Maybe we have been lucky or maybe they changed the software and it glitches more.
We have an April 2021 reserved at 11 months for Kidani.

All the categories at Kidani have a lot of rooms unlike the Value rooms at Jambo. It's possible that there's issues with those categories too except there are so many that it's never noticed.

What has been mentioned is that message happens when the room is gone and it adjusts your start date to the next day,which is now outside the window.

The other message about the 4 months book is still a mystery. so, today it appears that by the time you clicked book, they were indeed all gone.
So I'm definitely not too late. I tried today to snag a savanna view right at 8:00 EST just to see if I got a message, and I got it again. It is telling me my booking window doesn't open until 8:00 EST. I've used the time on my Macbook, my iPhone, and my cable DVR and get this message every time. I'm not sure what to do when I can finally try for a value again. I've seriously never had to worry about being too early, just too late.

So I'm definitely not too late. I tried today to snag a savanna view right at 8:00 EST just to see if I got a message, and I got it again. It is telling me my booking window doesn't open until 8:00 EST. I've used the time on my Macbook, my iPhone, and my cable DVR and get this message every time. I'm not sure what to do when I can finally try for a value again. I've seriously never had to worry about being too early, just too late.
For me something has changed in the last 3 months. I used to be able to search for reservations before 8am, see the availability calendar and wait until exactly 8 to hit continue. Now it seems I cannot search until 8am. I have even waited until 30 seconds after 8am to hit continue, when I searched before 8, and I still get "too early". However, if I do the search after 8am, I never have an issue. I am not trying to book the competitive categories right now, but this change would give folks with faster computers and faster internet a significant advantage.

I practiced on a savanna view again this morning. I used a different time device and used a different browser (Safari instead of Chrome). No problems. I didn’t get the “Your booking window is 8:00 EST.” I now know I definitely won’t be too early, but I may still be too late. As of now, I can try again in two days for a value. What a process!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!