Can't book Riviera with non-Riviera points? -- Resolved there is no issue

vikequeen

DIS Veteran
I tried to use my Aulani points to book a stay at Riviera this morning and the system wouldn't let me. I know I had the right day, because I was able to book at AK. I purchased direct so my points should be good everywhere. Anyone else having trouble booking at Riviera with non-Riviera points?

Is there still availability for the night(s) you want? It's not uncommon for Members to get an error message that isn't related to availability (Poor system coding/testing).

If yes, call MS. Your account may need some attention from IT.

The availability disappeared while I was being denied. I booked another resort for now and will try to waitlist. It was very frustrating to see it and not be able to book it and watch it disappear.

There's a 1BR Preferred available for January 14. If it doesn't involve borrowing points, try booking that and see if it works. If you're able to get that reservation through the system, you'll know it was just an availability thing (or a temporary system thing). If you can't book that room, as Carol suggested, you may need to call MS to address how the account in terms of restrictions/eligibility.

well that's weird. I could use my aulani points for the 1BR but not the studio I tried to book earlier today (that was available then and isn't now!) I hate Disney IT.

And when I try to book a studio now, it still won't let me do it. I definitely need to call, but the wait right now is way too long . . .

It's an availability thing. There are no studios available for the 7-month booking right now.

Clearly I should have had caffeine before I started this process and I just figured it out. Its my first time booking with multiple contracts as we just bought at Riviera.so when the 14th disappeared (as it did at 701!), the system still showed me availability on the 15th - 21st. and when I tried to book that, I forgot I was a day early so it only let me use my Rivera points. Sorry for the fire drill but I'm glad I don't have a major IT problem on my hands.

You were almost certainly not able to book it because it was not available. It doesn't matter that it showed available. It probably was available for a few seconds, but then someone clicked on through and got it before you did.

I can tell you that ALL the Riviera Studios have been booking out within micro-seconds of the start time at 8 AM Eastern.

The Tower Studios aren't even available, since they all booked out before the 7 month window.

The Standard View Studios are sometimes available at 8 AM Eastern, but on about half the days for the next several weeks, they too are already booked out.

The Preferred View Studios have been, very briefly, available every morning. But they are gone in seconds. I had to try over 14 times on many days to finally hook one.

People are walking all the Studios, so, sometimes later on, one will appear briefly, but then people grab it very quickly.

I wonder, if you put in a Waitlist Request, if Disney DOES by chance Declare more rooms in the next few months, is it possible that some of those might go immediately to the Waitlist people?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter