Can't book VWL for November

Sue's Mum

DIS Veteran
At the moment we have 25 VWL points for our present use year (ends this month) and 25 points for next year, giving a totalof 50 points. According to MS, because we don't have enough points NOW to book for November, we have to wait for the seven month window. Now, I really don't think that's fair as VWL is one of our home resorts. So, in our case there is little point in an 11 month window for this resort. Life's a learning curve - and sometimes comes as a shock. Needless to say I am very disappointed, especially as we can't get a studio at BWV for the same dates.

That doesn't sound quite right to me, I would suggest you recall AND email explaining exactly what it is you want to do. IMHO if you have the points available there shouldn't be any problem is using them. I know Disney has recently taken on more reservations staff, maybe you got one of the new ones. Please do let us know the explaination you get.

I agree with Vernon - this doesn't sound right.

I booked yesterday for VWL on October 31st (i.e outside of the 7 month window as VWL is our home resort). Because of other points already committed, I had to borrow from my 2003 use year to book this, but that was done with no problem.

I'd ring (toll-free number now, so no excuse ;) ) and ask again.

I'm sure it's just the way you phrased it but...when you say you have 25 points for your present use year, you have already banked and put them into next year, right?

Anyhow, that aside, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to book at the 11 month window...the only reason 7 months should come into play is if you were looking to pay for it with points from a different resort. Have you any other bookings made that MS might have used your VWL points for instead of your other home resort, and therefore not have enough that way?

Penny :)

Hmmm, I've just read up about it in the Guidebook (too busy to do that this morning - rushing to work, etc) and it says that we have to have enough points at a particular resort to make a booking at that resort in the 11 month window. Well, our 25 points at VWL was an add-on - and now I'm beginning to see the disadvantages as well as the advantages. 'fraid I just went ahead and assumed that we could book at 11 month window if we were owners whatever the number of annual points we had. Wrong again. :rolleyes:

I suppose we could borrow from 2003 but I think I'd get in too much of a mess - even with Points Planners! So I'll go back to learning what I think I was put on this planet to learn - patience. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!