Cant decide between La Hacienda or Tokyo Dining

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
Since I will be in WDW without my DH, who is hesitant to try new restaurants, I decided my DSs and I will be (semi)adventurous eaters. I want to try either one of these but cant decide which. Does one have much better food?

Food quality is comparable, both quite good. Menus are completely different, obviously, so choose the one that has more options that appeal to you.

If the menus are equal - I would go by location. Which location looks more...fun, different, enjoyable, etc.

Personally - I'd go for La Hacienda based on atmosphere.

Of the two, I would do La Hacienda. We used to love Tokyo Dining. The atmosphere and service are lovely, but, unfortunately, the food, particularly the sushi and sashimi items have gone quite downhill through the years. If you aren't on the dining plan and would like better sushi/sashimi, I would go to Kimono's at the Swan. You might also want to consider Spice Road Table if you're feeling adventurous. If not, my vote is for La Hacienda.

Both are good. We really enjoyed Tokyo Dining on our last trip. Very good food, very quiet and relaxed.

We love both but based on our ADR's we lean towards La Hacienda the most. The Paradilla Platter is our favorite and we love their margritas. I also like to get the premium tequila flight for my desert.
We have it booked for our May trip and again for our September trip.

Sorry.... wishful thinking. We don't do the DDP so I am paying out of pocket, so yeah I get it for my desert. Pretty sure they won't do that on the DDP.

Sorry.... wishful thinking. We don't do the DDP so I am paying out of pocket, so yeah I get it for my desert. Pretty sure they won't do that on the DDP.

Darn, I was so hopeful. I like your style though! :dogdance:

Hey I'm on vacation and in Epcot so tequila for everyone! Along those lines the tequila bar in the Mexico Pavillion was recently named the best tequila bar in America. Another of my favorite haunts!

In my opinion, Tokyo Dining is good and La Hacienda is excellent. So if you like both styles of food equally, my vote is for Mexico. And I like the drink and dessert options there more too.

I have had amazing meals at both but if I could only choose one I would pick La Hacienda! It's be amazing every trip and we never go to Disney without eating there.

My vote is for La Hacienda my wife had the Chili Rellenos on our last visit and she said it was the best she has ever tasted and she is from Mexico. I got the Carne Asada which was also great. Also had Queso Fundido for appetizer, it was good but $15.00. Dinner cost with tip was around $100.00. Dining tip if you don't have reservations and try to walking you probably won't get a seat. Go outside and make reservations on your phone and you will get right in. That's what we did.

I haven't been to Tokyo, but my last meal at La Hacienda was delicious! Plus the view was amazing. Personally, I would go with the restaurant that offers something you can't get at home or appeals to you the most. Where I'm from we have several authentic Asian restaurants, but few authentic Mexican restaurants so I would go with La Hacienda any day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter