Can't decide on another park/attraction

mundaremom

Mouseketeer
We are going to be in DL mid Nov. There are 8 in our party with 4 adults/4 kids (13, 11, 10, 6). We have two extra days without hopper passes and just can't decided what to do. We would like to spend one day touring LA but what to do on the other day. I think Universal Studio would be too intense and scary for the 6 year old. Can Legoland be done in one day? Any suggestions?????

I've never been to Legoland, but from what it sounds like, it can be done in a day. But, it might be boring for the older kids (it's meant for the 2-12 set). Knott's is just a few minutes from DLR and might be just perfect. There's a great kids area and bigger roller coasters for those who like more intense rides.

Things we enjoyed while not at Disneyland & California Adventure (4 adults and 3 kids ages 8, 9, & 10.)

Exploring DTD- Especially spending time at the game room upstairs in ESPN Zone.

Medieval Times Dinner and Show- Awesome experience highly reccomend it.

El Capitan theater in Hollywood- Seeing a movie at El Capitan theater, and enjoying desserts at the Disney Soda Shop next door.

We did one day at Universal which was ok, but I don't feel the need to rush back there.

if your willing to take the trip to san diego go to the zoo or sea world both are very fun

San Diego Wild Animal Park is great....If your 13 year old is a boy he could probably stomach Legoland just one time and yes you can do it in a nice long day trip.
Aside from Jaws popping out on the tour( which you could be prepared for and warn your 6 year old)...there's nothing there that he'd HAVE to go on if he didn't want to...most attractions are selective, not on the tour part of the park. Knotts is a good choice too.

Do your other events on Sat & Sun...when traffic is half what it is on weekdays and when Disneyland is more crowded.

6 year old will be bored at Universal
13 year old will be bored at Legoland.

I would do either Knotts (they'll be really uncrowded mid-Nov.) or Sea World. Both are great for families of all ages. I have AP to both, by the way.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter