Can't decide on which Mod to go for our Honeymoon-HELP!!!!

Nick.pugh7

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,
My name's Nick and I'm a newbie here so this is my first post.
Really need some help and thought where else to turn than to fellow DW lovers and experts.

My wife and I just got married 2 weeks ago and we are planning our honeymoon for the 1/9/16. We decided to leave it a little later so that we could get some spending money together.
Initially we were going to honeymoon in the Caribbean or Mexico, but have decided against it due to the Zika virus that is going around.
My fiance (sorry, wife lol) would love a relaxing holiday just chilling on a beach or a pool for 2 weeks, and frankly that will bore me to death. Ive done DW 4 times in the past 6 years and if I could, I would go back every year. She, on the other hand has never been.
I managed to convince her that DW was a really good compromise as there is more than enough pools and beaches, plus food from all over the world, plenty of shopping and the weather is lovely. Plus, I certainly won't be bored. I also have to let her pick the next 5 holidays soI can't get this wrong.
Sorry for the long intro, but wanted to fill you in on the situation.
Now, here is dilemma I face....
I have only stayed at value resorts because all I do is sleep in the hotel room. I'm always out at 7am and back at 2am so it doesnt matter so much to me.
As she is after a more relaxing honeymoon, and I've promised we wont spend everyday in the parks, I'm torn between where to stay.
I'm definitely booking a MOD resort, but AK is out of our price range.
I'm looking at CB resort, POR, POFQ and CSR. She prefers CB but it seems that they only have pirate theme rooms left and that doesnt exactly scream romance.

Again, sorry for the long post, but if anyone can give me some help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Nick

Hi Nick. Congrats! We have stayed at CSR and POR and POFQ. We really enjoyed them all but my favorite is def POR. I like the theming, the food court, the boat to Disney Springs from both PO resorts. CSR was charming, lovely lights at night but it is a bit more remote and the bus system took a while. The boat option is a plus. We did like the pool at CSR.

Why not a split stay? Try both PO and CSR? POfQ is nice also but I did prefer theme at Riverside.

Hi Paula,
Thanks for the reply.
I had considered splitting it between 2 resorts, but didn't know if this would make it more expensive. The resorts I've mentioned are slightly higher than we wanted to pay, but I figured it would be worth it so she doesnt feel like she's staying on property quite as much as the value resorts. (Plus, I still have to win her over with going to DW in the first place haha)
Have you ever split your stay like that?

I would pick CSR. We have stayed 5 times and to us it has the most adult feel of all the moderates.

The rooms are very nice and it has quite pools and well as the main pool. It is Mexican themed which was one of your original choices so could win her round too!!

We ended up buying DVC or I think we would still be staying at CSR :goodvibes

Hi Nick,
Congratulations on the wedding. I have to also agree with 2nd post and go with POR. POFQ is just as nice but the pool is more kid themed. Remember though it is a close walk from POR to POFQ so you can use both for dining options.

We've stayed at both CSR and POR - CSR gets my vote, we just love the everything about the resort. We've stayed there for a total of 34 days and it is our favourite Mod. POR just didn't do it for us at all, although it is a nice resort, it just had no 'wow' factor for us. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves wherever you stay though - congratulations! :)

POR or POFQ. They're both fabulous resorts. I definitely wouldn't choose CBR for a relaxing stay as the bus stops alone are enough to drive anyone to distraction. I actually prefer POFQ because it's more compact however I wouldn't hesitate to stay at POR again.

I would do Port Orleans French Quarter. It is the smallest of the Mods and always is the quietest most adult to me.

Just a word of warning though if Zika is what is keeping you from your dream beach destination honeymoon they are predicting that Zika will be in the southern US states by the end of this summer.

French quarter all the way - such a beautiful and peaceful resort. I would pick it over any other Disney resort.

Congratulations.

I would also go for POFQ due to its smaller size and boat to Disney Springs.

We have stayed there twice and would go back again due to its location and ambience.

We loved CB, but agree that the pirate rooms don't look the most romantic! We also really enjoyed POR, it was a very cute resort. We walked from there to POFQ a few times for an explore and to catch the bus, however the bus service was very patchy compared to POR.

Another for Port Orleans French Quarter here. It is the smallest of the WDW resorts, quieter & beautifully themed. Yes, there is only one pool but you can walk over the PO Riverside where there are more pools.

You can catch a boat from POFQ over to Disney Springs (previously Downtown Disney) which is nice. There is also one bus stop for POFQ - although some of the buses are shared with POR.

Congrats on the wedding, I am sure whichever Mod you choose, you will have so much fun! Enjoy your planning!

Congratulations. POR. Lots of quiet pools, boat to Disney Springs, nice bar and Ye Haw Bob (!), very, very romantic, and hammocks!!!!!

Congratulations!!
I'd go for with of the Port Orleans resorts. They are the most adult location & have a relaxed feel. There's also some good entertainment in the bar for adults in the evening & you can take a horse & cart ride around the resort which is good.
The boats to Disney springs are also really handy.

congratulation on the wedding, have you considered renting DVC points you get to stay in deluxe resorts for similar price to the moderates

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter