***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

Our plan C is May 2021, (already nixed plan B August 2020) and our plan D is October 2021 (@Farro you'll have to start us one of those threads too if the time comes) and our plan E is May 2022...here's hoping for plan C!

Someone is way ahead of us, they already started October 2021! 😀

We have the exact same plans and backup plans!

My boss called me.

I have to take a 10% pay cut. :( I'm now making less than when I left my last job for this job.

I'm happy to be employed, but this is going to hurt. I'm trying to figure out what we can cut from budget and if I can lower any payments, etc. without taking from savings.

Crud.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have to take a pay cut but happy to hear you are still employed. This is such an incredibly stressful time for so many people. My day was pretty rough too, so many decisions being made with little input from the people who are being affected by them. Will keep you in my thoughts that it's a short term situation.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have to take a pay cut but happy to hear you are still employed. This is such an incredibly stressful time for so many people. My day was pretty rough too, so many decisions being made with little input from the people who are being affected by them. Will keep you in my thoughts that it's a short term situation.

Thank you!

Sorry your day was rough, it's been bad lately.
Every time we get ahead with savings, something happens. Now this. At first I'm like 10%, it's not that much. Except it is when I got down to figuring out how much less I'm getting a check. I'm ready for a break! Something good has to got to happen soon, right???

Argh, long day ahead of meetings to discuss how we "feel" about this. How do you think we feel? :rotfl: I hate pointless meetings like that.

My hours and pay were cut in half a month ago and it's pretty painful when you see that new figure coming through. Fortunately I've been reinstated to full pay (but the workload has quadrupled).

Just had to share: Today I was looking for my duffel bag for a quick overnight stay at our summer place and when I pulled it out of the closet I realized it was still packed with a bunch of stuff for our Disney trip that didn't happen last week. I told my DS21 that it made me sad when I saw all the unused stuff. He told me "but if you think about it, if we had gone last week, right now we wouldn't have another trip to look forward to for a very long time and now it's less than a year away so we have a lot to look forward to now"...love my boys!

Just had to share: Today I was looking for my duffel bag for a quick overnight stay at our summer place and when I pulled it out of the closet I realized it was still packed with a bunch of stuff for our Disney trip that didn't happen last week. I told my DS21 that it made me sad when I saw all the unused stuff. He told me "but if you think about it, if we had gone last week, right now we wouldn't have another trip to look forward to for a very long time and now it's less than a year away so we have a lot to look forward to now"...love my boys!

Your boys are smart! I was doing the same thing. The other day I said, well I'd be home by now and seriously bummed because we wouldn't be going back for a while. Now I'm planning a trip for less than a year away! :D

I'm terrible. Went from no trips to 2 trips for next year. Doing a weekend trip for the 50th anniversary in October now too. Now I'll hit all 3 monorail resorts in the same year. Oops.

Something I even did before all this staying at home stuff was making virtual vacation playlists on YouTube. I would literally find random vlogs and piece together a trip, like starting with my home airport, plane ride, Magical Express, resort tour, ridethroughs, etc. Everyone thought I was nuts until the Rona hit and we couldn't go anywhere. :rotfl2:

After watching the great video of the Disneyland Dapper Dans harmonizing Grim Grinning Ghosts, i decided to memorize all the stanzas so i can quietly sing along in our doom buggy(i promise its not loud enough for anyone else to hear) i am only up to two so far but i can sing them really fast without pausing. Here’s to singing along in 348 days!

WDW announced reopening plans today. I wonder if we will get an influx of new members soon!

Last edited:
It appears we will be in this group now. It's hard to do the Happy Dance when we should have been finalizing our packing list and on a plane in a couple weeks. We will probably reserve a May 2021 room only for now once phone reps get time to breath.

It appears we will be in this group now. It's hard to do the Happy Dance when we should have been finalizing our packing list and on a plane in a couple weeks. We will probably reserve a May 2021 room only for now once phone reps get time to breath.

It is disappointing, but hang around here and you'll cheer up soon! :hug:

Yes, I would definitely book room only as soon as you can. I feel a lot of people will be making "just in case" type reservations soon.

Per the Disney Parks Blog: "At this time, we are temporarily pausing new ticket sales and Disney Resort hotel reservations so we can focus on guests with existing tickets and reservations "

Now I wonder if we can even do anything.

WDW announced reopening plans today. I wonder if we will get an influx of new members soon!
Park hopping is a key part of our touring strategy, so if the park reservation system (which seems to imply no hopping) is still in place in December we'll be moving our trip yet again to May 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!