***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

So, because I didn't need this at all....I saw a pic of this on my feed and thought how cute! Apparently, I didn't know, it's part of a baby-line -diaper bags, etc. - I thought it was just a cute purse and bought it for the parks! :rotfl:

I wanted a wristlet (can also be over the shoulder, has detachable strap) and it's big enough for phone, wallet, lip gloss, can shove sunglasses in there on a ride. It zips and seems to be pretty water-proof.

Isn't it fun? :D

Resized_20201013_154030.jpeg

We pulled the trigger and cancelled our May trip, we are going to schedule a longer trip in late October hoping that things will be less covidy by then. You can take us off the list.

We pulled the trigger and cancelled our May trip, we are going to schedule a longer trip in late October hoping that things will be less covidy by then. You can take us off the list.
We haven't pulled the trigger yet but starting to think the same either October 2021 or even May 2022. I have a list of must-dos such as Hoop de doo, 'Ohana, keys to the kingdom tour, and not confident any of those are going to be available.

We haven't pulled the trigger yet but starting to think the same either October 2021 or even May 2022. I have a list of must-dos such as Hoop de doo, 'Ohana, keys to the kingdom tour, and not confident any of those are going to be available.
At this point I would consider it a long shot that any of those things would be available in May. In March who would have believed this would have lasted so long.

A glimmer of hope for the future, wdw sent out notifications to hotel guests close to Epcot that they would be testing pyrotechnics for harmonious a couple weeks ago😊💥💥🌈

There's always hope!

I think the key to enjoying our May trips is to be prepared for more limited experiences, but also be hopeful that things will start opening! And only you know if it's "worth" it to you or not.

More and more places open, new experiences - did you see the socially distanced Anna meet/greet they are trying? - May is over 6 months from now, a lot can change. :)

Trying to keep my hopes up, but an already stressful trip just keeps getting more stressful, so I just need to vent. I hope that's okay and I don't bring the mood down in here.

Back in June, we had booked through Disney for May '21 as a backup for Dec. '20 since we wanted to get Park Passes ASAP, and the $200 refundable deposit made it no-risk to cancel if we did end up going in December. After we cancelled Dec., we had no reason not to commit to May, so we rebooked through Costco at a significant savings.

I called Disney to cancel our original package, and then linked the new reservation and tickets. After a couple of days, MDE was still showing both resort reservations. Last night I checked again and the original Disney reservation was still there, but the new Costco reservation was gone. When I tried to re-link the new reservation, I got an error that it wasn't found. 🙄

I called MDE support, and after an 1+ hours on hold while they looked into it, they told me that the reservation had been completely removed, and it wasn't a problem on their end. 😠

So I called the Swan and explained the situation. They looked at their system and saw that they had cancelled the Costco reservation instead of the Disney Reservation. How does that happen? 🤦‍♂️

I was put on hold while they investigated, and was then almost immediately disconnected. I called back, and the second person I talked to said that she couldn't do anything because the department that could fix the reservations is closed on the weekend and I would have to call back on Monday. 😡

I just want to go on a vacation. Why has everything been a mess so far?

Again, sorry for the rant, but I needed to vent.

Trying to keep my hopes up, but an already stressful trip just keeps getting more stressful, so I just need to vent. I hope that's okay and I don't bring the mood down in here.

Back in June, we had booked through Disney for May '21 as a backup for Dec. '20 since we wanted to get Park Passes ASAP, and the $200 refundable deposit made it no-risk to cancel if we did end up going in December. After we cancelled Dec., we had no reason not to commit to May, so we rebooked through Costco at a significant savings.

I called Disney to cancel our original package, and then linked the new reservation and tickets. After a couple of days, MDE was still showing both resort reservations. Last night I checked again and the original Disney reservation was still there, but the new Costco reservation was gone. When I tried to re-link the new reservation, I got an error that it wasn't found. 🙄

I called MDE support, and after an 1+ hours on hold while they looked into it, they told me that the reservation had been completely removed, and it wasn't a problem on their end. 😠

So I called the Swan and explained the situation. They looked at their system and saw that they had cancelled the Costco reservation instead of the Disney Reservation. How does that happen? 🤦‍♂️

I was put on hold while they investigated, and was then almost immediately disconnected. I called back, and the second person I talked to said that she couldn't do anything because the department that could fix the reservations is closed on the weekend and I would have to call back on Monday. 😡

I just want to go on a vacation. Why has everything been a mess so far?

Again, sorry for the rant, but I needed to vent.

Vent away!

We are running into our own issues. Not Disney, but paycut due to Covid, our cat has pancreatitis which can be expensive to treat flares and it all gets frustrating. When it rains it pours...

I feel so badly for everyone's disruptions to their lives and for all of our inabilities to have the vacations we've dreamed of but also know how grateful we should be to be able to even consider having a trip when others clearly can't for health and/or economic reasons...I have now resigned myself to the knowledge that while I still hold out hope for May 2021 (as I did for a long time for May 2020), there is a list of must-dos (as mentioned a few posts ago) that will determine when we will go. For the most part all of these things were reserved/lined up for our May 2020 trip (with a few exceptions that should be open when we eventually go). Here's my list (some big/some small, but all not open right now I believe):
Keys to the Kingdom
Wanyama Safari
Hoop de Doo
'Ohana
Disney Railroad
Space 220
Ratatouille
POFQ open
Tune-in Lounge
Woody's Lunchbox
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
Cheshire Café
Sending good wishes to all who are holding out hope for future trips!

I hope everyones list of things they want and desire come back by next May. Ours keeps changing to the point where we are going for sure unless Disney World is closed again.
First we said, no way are we going wearing masks, no park hopping, some of our favorite bars and restaurants closed, no luggage delivery service from home airport to room, no resort airline check in, no fireworks, no fastpass.
Then after a time we said, we can live with the mask stuff, we have to wear them in stores anyway so we are used to it now. Also we said, we can live with no park hopping, forces us to do different stuff, and we will find new places to eat in place of some of our favorites, maybe we will find something else we like. Then it was, well, we will either do carry-ons instead and buy ridicously overpriced sunscreen spray at Disney since my hubby hates cream sunscreen and the quart size bags aren't big enough to hold 10 days of travel size sunscreen. or we use the bigger checked bags, and use a private car service to whisk us to and from the airport now since collecting the bags will take some extra time and if we can save time by not making multiple MDE stops its worth it.
So I guess we have reached the point that we are willing to go and deal with anything and we want to use our tickets before the 9/26/21 expiration date because i dont feel like calling them next year to change the dates.
Ugh.......but i do secretly hope at least park hopping will be back. I would love to save my main parks days for the other three parks and hop to Epcot for dinner.

I think if we went more than every ten years, I may be a little more flexible but since we haven't been since 2010 and who knows when we'd go again after the next trip, we prefer to wait until it's a least close to what we expected...still hoping that will be May 2021...but maybe May 2022...

I think if we went more than every ten years, I may be a little more flexible but since we haven't been since 2010 and who knows when we'd go again after the next trip, we prefer to wait until it's a least close to what we expected...still hoping that will be May 2021...but maybe May 2022...
I certainly agree with that! If we went only every few years even, I wouldn’t go either unless it was mainly all back to normal. We have been going every year for a while, so its different for us, but after next May we also decided no more WDW trips in 2022 or beyondl unless a lot of things have resumed. Unless they want to offer us a 30% discount like we got for May of this year that we never got to use. Not likely that will happen but I am keeping my eye out for next year discounts just in case.

Disney released discounts today for dates January 3 through April 17. I wonder when we will see the summer discounts. Maybe sometime in January? We are booked at CBR but if there's a good discount, we may change to something with a little bit more room.

At this point I would consider it a long shot that any of those things would be available in May. In March who would have believed this would have lasted so long.
In March I thought for sure I’d be going to Disney in July! 😭

we decided to reschedule our April 2021 cruise to April 2022. I’m hoping by then it’ll be better

Disney released discounts today for dates January 3 through April 17. I wonder when we will see the summer discounts. Maybe sometime in January? We are booked at CBR but if there's a good discount, we may change to something with a little bit more room.
Yes, so waiting to see if there are any discounts coming for May. Typically the May discounts drop on Jan. 2, at least they have for the last couple of years. I will keep looking everyday though to see if they do it early, late or not at all. Fingers crossed!

Hello everyone. I think I will be moving to this thread from the March 2021 thread. Our original plans were for March 12-20, but the university where my daughter attends and my husband works has decided to cancel spring break. I am really annoyed especially since Disney just announced discounts for this time period. We haven't set dates yet, but it looks like sometime after graduation which is May 15.

Dh and I were at Disney for MK's 25th anniversary, so we decided that we should go back for the 50th. I wish we could go in October like we did before, but both dh and our daughter will have classes then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter