***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

Hello everyone. I think I will be moving to this thread from the March 2021 thread. Our original plans were for March 12-20, but the university where my daughter attends and my husband works has decided to cancel spring break. I am really annoyed especially since Disney just announced discounts for this time period. We haven't set dates yet, but it looks like sometime after graduation which is May 15.

Dh and I were at Disney for MK's 25th anniversary, so we decided that we should go back for the 50th. I wish we could go in October like we did before, but both dh and our daughter will have classes then.

Welcome! If you decide to book in May and want to be on the trip list, just post!
:D

So I already picked our park days:

Wed (arrival) DHS - just to walk around- we haven't seen Toy Story Land or GE! Maybe we'll get lucky and get on a ride.
Thurs - MK
Fri - AK
Sat - My brother arrives! Epcot
Sun - DHS
Mon - MK
Tues - AK
Wed - Epcot
Thurs - MK
Fri - home to Walnut!

I'm considering something many would call blasphemous! :D I think I may switch our Thurs and Fri to AK first and then MK. AK is my favorite park and I'm just dying to get back there! But...hours may be longer at AK on Friday so then I'd want to keep the Friday...decisions.

Ugh, just give me park hopping! :)

Let’s get the fun going. Here are our park days we selected for our trip:

Sun.- Epcot (arrival day, flight will get in at 8:15 am if SW doesnt change it on us, plenty of time to get to Epcot for a full day)
Mon.- HS
Tues.- AK
Wed.- HS
Thurs.- MK
Fri.- AK
Sat.- Epcot
Sun. - HS
Mon.- AK
Tues.- MK (leaving on a 6:30 pm flight so plenty of time to get in favorite rides and since we are at CR, we can walk over and back quickly)

This may get changed around a bit because we are contemplating only 1 Epcot day. We love World showcase but my hubby is less than impressed by the rides there. We used to skip advance fastpass there and hop all the time in the afternoon/evening and we always found fastpass for any ride we wanted day of.......the good ole days!
If we change it, it will be another MK day and the days will get shifted to have a better spaced out flow amongst the 3 days each in 3 parks, leaving our 1 Epcot day for arrival. I wont change the 3 AK or the 3 HS days because those are our favorite parks. I want a couple of chances to experience ROTR if getting a line in the virtual queue is possible and my hubby loves TOT. And riding FOP and Everest and going to Nomad Lounge and getting cookies at Zuri’s multiple times is a must for the both of us!

Here's our tentative plan (providing things are open on the list):
Sat- arrival day, resort hop for food - beignets at POFQ, lunch at 3 bridges, dinner at 'Ohana
Sun - Universal
Mon - Epcot
Tues - DHS
Wed - 1/2 day DHS if we don't get RotR the first day, Wanyama Safari w/dinner at Jiko
Th - MK
Fri - AK
Sat - MK with Keys to the Kingdom tour
Sun - Disney Springs - depart

Ok I added May 7-11 at POP to my 11-15 stay at SS.
Since I see we are sharing our plans to get each other excited here are mine

Fri-Arrive Dinner at Beaches and Cream
Sat-MK lunch at Skippers Cantina
Sun-relax
Mon-AK
Tue-Epcot
Wed-pool day, Downtown Disney
Thurs-HS lunch at Sci-Fi
Fri-MK
Sat-wake early as I hope for a morning flight!

If hoppers are a go I have some non expiring 6 day hoppers and I’ll add a park on Sunday and throw in some hopping each day.

This is fun 🤩
Friday-5/21 arrival 7am -typhoon lagoon/Disney springs
Saturday-5/22 Blizzard beach/Disney springs
Sunday-5/23 MK cheeseburgers egg rolls!
Monday-5/24 DHS ronto wraps!
Tuesday-5/25 Epcot Via Napoli pizza!
Wednesday- 5/26 AK- Cheeseburger pods at Sa’tuli!
Thursday-5/27-DHS Woodys Lunch Box loaded tots!
Friday-5/28-MK-Pecos Bills- Nachos
Saturday-5/29-Epcot-Garden Grill :)
Sunday-5/30-DHS- blue milk!
Monday-5/31-AK-Flametree BBQ Mac and cheese!
Tuesday-6/1- sleep in,shopping/mini golf/water park?!
Wednesday-6/2-MK-Flight out 5pm:( boo 😒

I realize I was woefully incomplete in my schedule...lol...here's the updated one with our planned meals:
Sat- arrival day, resort hop for food - beignets at POFQ, lunch at 3 bridges, dinner at 'Ohana
Sun - Universal - late dinner & Kitchen sink at Beaches & Cream
Mon - Epcot - breakfast at Space 220 (yeah, I know wishful thinking), lunch at Regal Eagle, Dinner at Garden Grill
Tues - DHS - breakfast Woody's Lunchbox, lunch at Sci-Fi, dinner at Mama Melrose
Wed - 1/2 day DHS if we don't get RotR the first day, (Oga's Cantina breakfast, Ronto Roasters lunch Wanyama Safari w/dinner at Jiko
Th - MK -breakfast Gaston's tavern, lunch BOG, dinner Skipper's Canteen, Plaza Ice cream
Fri - AK - snack at Pongu Pongu, lunch Satuli Canteen (cheeseburger pods), dinner Yak & Yeti
Sat - MK with Keys to the Kingdom tour (Pecos Bill included) and dinner at Hoop de Doo
Sun - Disney Springs - brunch at Homecomin' depart

There...that's better...

Last edited:
May 20th - Drive down
May 21st - Universal
May 22nd - Universal
May 23rd - Universal (1/2 day) - Check in to our off site pool house
May 24th - Epcot
May 25th - Magic Kingdom
May 26th - Hollywood Studios (our oldest son's birthday!)
May 27th - Off Day / Pool Day / Disney Springs Evening
May 28th - Animal Kingdom
May 29th - Sea World
May 30th - Check out - Drive home

As for eating, we haven't established an order yet. I was sort of hoping to see if hopping comes back first before we make our final list but we are definitely eating at:

California Grill
The Wave for breakfast and possibly dinner or the Lounge for a burger and a drink
Chefs de France
Nomad Lounge
Satu’li Canteen
Hollywood Brown Derby( the lounge is our first choice but since they arent back to serving food outside yet, we will have to see if its back in May, and if not, the main restaurant is fine)
Baseline Taphouse for a drink and their pretzel and cheese board
Skippers Canteen

Maybe’s are Sanaa, Wine Bar George, Teppan Edo or Takumi Tei(if they are open), Space 220(if open and the menu looks decent), Tambu Lounge for a small bite and a drink so I can lessen the sting over Tiki Terrace being closed because I doubt they will open that or Trader Sams until next summer when the renos are done. Also Narcoossee’s but probably just the bar since you can order anything at the bar and the bartenders are great.

I am amazed at how may of you have already planned out your days. I don't know if we should go ahead and pick park days or wait until we can make ADRs. We are thinking of only planning a few ADRs and then winging it for the other days. Unless they bring back the dining plan, then our plans may change.

I've planned our park days -- I have no clue what to do with ADRs!

My youngest is all about the character meals but they're hard to come by now. I think there's only like 3 of them? And her favorite ones (1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace, Disney Junior at Hollywood & Vine, and Arkershus aren't happening).

So far, we're only planning on a Rose & Crown Dinner at Epcot, a 50's Prime Time Cafe Dinner at Hollywood Studios & a Rainforest Cafe Dinner at Animal Kingdom. No idea what to do at Magic Kingdom. We normally do Crystal Palace for Breakfast, but that's closed, and BOG Lunch is no longer QS. Was hoping for an Ohana dinner but it doesn't look like the Poly is going to be open in May.

No idea what to do at DS either. Maybe House of Blues? Maybe T-Rex? Maybe Homecomin'?

Glad I don't have to pick anything until March! lol

I am amazed at how may of you have already planned out your days. I don't know if we should go ahead and pick park days or wait until we can make ADRs. We are thinking of only planning a few ADRs and then winging it for the other days. Unless they bring back the dining plan, then our plans may change.
Well, don't give me too much credit, I actually had them all planned last November 'cuz I had to select my ADRs on Nov. 11 for my May 2020 trip...my plans are just recycled ones from last year...(tweaked a little)...

Eating...hmmm...not sure we will do a sit down all 9 nights, but here's some sit down places we may try...

Three Bridges
La Hacienda De San Angel
Skipper Canteen
Chefs De France if more menu items added otherwise Biergarten or Via Napoli
The Boathouse
Morimoto
Various lounges - Nomad, Ale & Compass, Crews Cup (if open, oh my gawd, prime rib sliders...)
Maybe Terralina or Maria and Enzo's...
Toledo if open....
Polite Pig looks good...
Gideon's for cookies if open

And I'm going to Chicken Guy just because we find Guy Fieri to be his own 1990's time capsule and we also find him hilarious! :rotfl: (and those fries and fried pickles look really good)

Last edited:
I've been trying to figure out how to add in Crew's Cup for sliders...Definitely need to squeeze in Gideon's for cookies..I for sure need more days just to get in all my meal choices, LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter