***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

My husband has now added The Enchanted Rose bar to our list. He saw pictures of the flatbread and sliders and wants to chill out on the porch drinking some wine and sharing some plates.

I am amazed at how may of you have already planned out your days. I don't know if we should go ahead and pick park days or wait until we can make ADRs. We are thinking of only planning a few ADRs and then winging it for the other days. Unless they bring back the dining plan, then our plans may change.
I don’t know about the others, but I am a big planner, always have been(thanks Dad!)
My plans will definitely be changed or tweaked 10 times before May. My husband always jokes that I enjoy the planning just as much as the trip itself.

I don’t know about the others, but I am a big planner, always have been(thanks Dad!)
My plans will definitely be changed or tweaked 10 times before May. My husband always jokes that I enjoy the planning just as much as the trip itself.
I’m normally a planner, but I feel like I’ve done all I can for now. I bought my daughter some Captain America/Winter Soldier mouse ears that I will be giving her for Christmas. We all decided that we want magic bands even though Disney is going to a new system next year. I found a limited edition Black Widow magic band that my husband will be getting for Christmas. My daughter likes Bucky Barnes, so I am getting her a plain band that I will put a custom Bucky skin on. I also bought a custom Thor skin for myself. I don’t know what else to do until it is time to make ADRs.

We are normally June trippers but have booked Mother's Day weekend for 2021. My DD is in the Air Force and we don’t know if she can get leave yet so we are booking as she is going. If she can not get leave, I will take a friend with me or even turn it into a solo trip. It will be very much needed after this year. We are staying at Saratoga Springs May 6-10.

We are normally June trippers but have booked Mother's Day weekend for 2021. My DD is in the Air Force and we don’t know if she can get leave yet so we are booking as she is going. If she can not get leave, I will take a friend with me or even turn it into a solo trip. It will be very much needed after this year. We are staying at Saratoga Springs May 6-10.

Hello there! :wave:

I've added you to the list and we are happy to have you! I hope your daughter can come, but glad to see you have plans in case she can't.

We sure do all deserve a trip after this year. :flower:

Great news today from the vaccine front!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't necessarily think restrictions will be gone by our trips, but definitely on the road to normalcy!!!

:D

We missed the flower festival last year with them closing down two weeks before we arrived. So we decided go in May of 2021. Can’t wait it me and my 24yr old son. He loves Disney as much. We are doing May 2-6th. Yes it’s a short trip but have other summer plans. We are staying at OKW by the hospitality house. Southwest just needs to open up more months

Wow, I'm excited that everyone is starting to plan their park days! Has everyone bought their tickets? I usually go through undercover tourist but this time I'm buying them direct from Disney just in case something happens. I've been an epic failure on trying to save on the them also. Discover has a 5% cash back at target so I bought $500 worth of Disney gift cards and then realized the 5% is only good for online purchases.🤦‍♀️

I really really really hope Hoop Dee Doo and Cape May Clamfest are open!

We have bought our tickets. I wanted to be able to reserve our park days & was worried that might be an issue as we are staying off site. We bought them directly from Disney on the website.

I’m crossing my fingers and toes and elbows for an Ohana dinner!!

We missed the flower festival last year with them closing down two weeks before we arrived. So we decided go in May of 2021. Can’t wait it me and my 24yr old son. He loves Disney as much. We are doing May 2-6th. Yes it’s a short trip but have other summer plans. We are staying at OKW by the hospitality house. Southwest just needs to open up more months

Welcome! I've added your dates to the list!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Wow, I'm excited that everyone is starting to plan their park days! Has everyone bought their tickets? I usually go through undercover tourist but this time I'm buying them direct from Disney just in case something happens. I've been an epic failure on trying to save on the them also. Discover has a 5% cash back at target so I bought $500 worth of Disney gift cards and then realized the 5% is only good for online purchases.🤦‍♀️

I really really really hope Hoop Dee Doo and Cape May Clamfest are open!
We got our tickets from UCT :) so excited!

Last edited:
Count me in!
My family and I will be at WDW May 15-22, 2021. We will be staying at OKW. Celebrating my youngest sons graduation dual enrollment to early college school (High school diploma/Associates degree). He is excited because he gets to pick all the restaurants.

Count me in!
My family and I will be at WDW May 15-22, 2021. We will be staying at OKW. Celebrating my youngest sons graduation dual enrollment to early college school (High school diploma/Associates degree). He is excited because he gets to pick all the restaurants.
What a great accomplishment! Have a wonderful trip!

Yeah! Great news to wake up to....
park hopping will be back in a modified form but still great news for us park hoppers and the Grand Floridian walkway to MK is now open for us walkers!!
Now off to modify my parks since we can hop to Epcot when we want as I doubt that park ever reaches capacity.

Count me in!
Plane tickets booked! DS21 and I will be celebrating his graduation and my 60th 🥳. The dates are May 23 - June 1. We're planning to do a split stay at our favorite resorts GF and BW. Now I can start the planning.Yay!

Hello and welcome to May!!! :flower1::flower1::flower1:

You are on the list!

Yeah! Great news to wake up to....
park hopping will be back in a modified form but still great news for us park hoppers and the Grand Floridian walkway to MK is now open for us walkers!!
Now off to modify my parks since we can hop to Epcot when we want as I doubt that park ever reaches capacity.

Such great news!

I think I will keep all my reservations the same, but it feels good to know I can hit Epcot most nights, or visit AK in the evenings if open! :D

Word of caution everyone!

I wouldn't make dinner ADRS at parks that you plan to hop to. Always a small chance that park could reach capacity on the day you planned to hop and then you wouldn't be able to keep ADR.

Of course if we see that never happens by the time our trip rolls around, then all bets are off!

Such great news!

I think I will keep all my reservations the same, but it feels good to know I can hit Epcot most nights, or visit AK in the evenings if open! :D
I am changing one EP day to MK so we will have 1 EP, 3 HS, 3AK and 3 MK and then hop to Epcot a couple of nights. Also I am changing a few around to make the flow even, basically EP on arrival day, then HS, AK, MK, HS, AK, MK, HS, AK and MK(departure day)
We like an even flow of parks for some reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter