***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

So our dates are May 1st-9th
Debating on a few places to stay. We are leaning towards the Dolphin, however my family found a home to rent nearby they really want to stay in. So I am trying to talk them into doing half and half. I need to be in the disney bubble for at least 50% of my vaca!!!

So our dates are May 1st-9th
Debating on a few places to stay. We are leaning towards the Dolphin, however my family found a home to rent nearby they really want to stay in. So I am trying to talk them into doing half and half. I need to be in the disney bubble for at least 50% of my vaca!!!

Alright!!!

I will add you to the list with a TBD for your hotel.

I agree with you, you need to be in the bubble for at least a few days! Put them at the end. ;)

It's the perfect way to hop between HS and Epcot. We rode it many times in November.

I wanted to try that when I went in November, but the one time I wanted to hop between parks (HS to Epcot after HS park close so I could see Epcot Forever), it was down the whole night. I ended up walking instead.

From what I heard it had issues all weekend, which is really weird considering how reliable it usually is.

Welp, I should be landing in Orlando right about now. And news around here has been discouraging last couple days. I don't know...

But could always be worse I guess!

Have a great day all!

So I know I am weird on many levels, but one way I can get myself to sleep is by imagining/planning my trip. I've already shared my arrival day, so on to day 1!

Sunday, May 23rd--RD the MK. We always do MK first, so this should not change. Lunch at Skipper Canteen, probably head out back to BWI to rest/swim then HS or Epcot in the evening.

I won't be able to plan much else now other than departure day. I'd like to book Bon Voyage breakfast that morning before we head to the airport.

If anyone knows me from other planning threads I will change them no less than 100 times. You'll all be really sick of me a year from now! ;)

So I know I am weird on many levels, but one way I can get myself to sleep is by imagining/planning my trip. I've already shared my arrival day, so on to day 1!

Sunday, May 23rd--RD the MK. We always do MK first, so this should not change. Lunch at Skipper Canteen, probably head out back to BWI to rest/swim then HS or Epcot in the evening.

I won't be able to plan much else now other than departure day. I'd like to book Bon Voyage breakfast that morning before we head to the airport.

If anyone knows me from other planning threads I will change them no less than 100 times. You'll all be really sick of me a year from now! ;)

Please, did you see I copied my plans from the 2020 thread for the trip I'm supposed to be on now and put it in this thread? :rotfl:

We're all crazy here.

Truth be told, I'm almost hesitant to plan anything as it was so painful to cancel last time. Just everything was so bad that I'm think I'm afraid to try again....

Of course it hasn't stopped me from shopping for a trip a year away!
:D

I cancelled my trip for next week and moved it to next may.. I'm literally just moving some days and times around. but its still the same plans and yes I have been diligent working on them... so not weird to me at all!!

Ha! I don't think it's weird. I watch monorail videos to go to de-stress before sleep.

I'm actually scrapping our schedule from the canceled trip and starting fresh. For starters we have 4 more days now, but also we have whole days that would be in question as far as whether they even can be duplicated, like the AH days we had. Our DHS day was built around May the 4th and we're going later than that next year. Also certain things like CLFP are in doubt and we had 3 days of those. Not that we would especially need it this time. We also want to hit up one of the water parks, which we didn't have in the canceled plan. So it's just easier to start over.

I'm kind of at a loss though! We've never gone for such a long time and pretty much all of the advice I see for 14 day trips is geared toward the UK folks for whom they're most common, and they tend to go around the Orlando attractions. I know, #first world problems. The goal is a more relaxed trip with a lot of resort time and not necessarily hitting parks so hard. And something special for my birthday, but I'm not sure what yet.

Ha! I don't think it's weird. I watch monorail videos to go to de-stress before sleep.

I'm actually scrapping our schedule from the canceled trip and starting fresh. For starters we have 4 more days now, but also we have whole days that would be in question as far as whether they even can be duplicated, like the AH days we had. Our DHS day was built around May the 4th and we're going later than that next year. Also certain things like CLFP are in doubt and we had 3 days of those. Not that we would especially need it this time. We also want to hit up one of the water parks, which we didn't have in the canceled plan. So it's just easier to start over.

I'm kind of at a loss though! We've never gone for such a long time and pretty much all of the advice I see for 14 day trips is geared toward the UK folks for whom they're most common, and they tend to go around the Orlando attractions. I know, #first world problems. The goal is a more relaxed trip with a lot of resort time and not necessarily hitting parks so hard. And something special for my birthday, but I'm not sure what yet.
You guys Re going to have an amazing trip!!!! I would love to be able to go that long and have a much more relaxed trip!!! I love the type of days when you do a half day at a park, pool rest during afternoon, and dinner in evening, or switch and do a nice brunch, and go to parks in the evening.

It gives you so much time to rest and get everything you want in. I hate setting alarms every day of a trip. We like our sleep and we like resort time.

If the rhino tour is offered you should do it (if you haven’t already). One of the best experiences of my life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter