***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

It's so hard to plan when we have no idea what parks will be like come May. I mean I would hope thing are mostly back to normal, but honestly I don't count on anything these days!

In the meantime, all my pretty, lightweight bandanas and one chiffon scarf/mask are arriving this week - at least I'll have those ready!
:D

I'll play along...I have very detailed plans (and change them all the time). I'm going pretty much with the plans I made for this May's trip but actually can change things around a little. Originally we weren't sure our youngest could join us on day 1 due to his finals schedule so I had non essential things scheduled for that day. This time he'll be graduated in December so we can hit the ground running on day 1. Here's our plans for Day 1: take the earliest flight we can, head to Disney Springs for lunch at Polite Pig, (maybe take the boat to POFQ for beignets), explore Disney Springs then go check in for one night at Loews Royal Pacific Resort. After checking in, head to 'Ohana for dinner and hopefully see the fireworks.

I was thinking about the logistics of a split stay since we never did one before. Not having a room on switch day won't really be a big deal tbh, since we're planning on either being in MK that day, or hanging out at the pool/lounge. I'm wondering more about our bags tbh, since we always check one a piece (I get free checked bags with JetBlue's credit card). I don't know how much actual sense it would make to have Disney transfer our luggage between GF and Poly. But using a Lyft to do it ourselves somehow seems even sillier. :crazy2:

I was thinking about the logistics of a split stay since we never did one before. Not having a room on switch day won't really be a big deal tbh, since we're planning on either being in MK that day, or hanging out at the pool/lounge. I'm wondering more about our bags tbh, since we always check one a piece (I get free checked bags with JetBlue's credit card). I don't know how much actual sense it would make to have Disney transfer our luggage between GF and Poly. But using a Lyft to do it ourselves somehow seems even sillier. :crazy2:
We were planning a split stay originally between POFQ and CSR (and had actually booked it). I wasn't concerned about bags because we would have a car and could leave the bags in the car after checkout and before checkin. What changed my mind was refrigerated food. We like to have milk and half n half on hand for breakfast and if we switched resorts we'd have to shop twice as we'd have no way to keep stuff cold while at the parks....and then the price differential between POFQ and CSR sealed the deal for us way back then so we stuck with just CSR.

It might be too much of a hassle with luggage, but I believe there's a walking path (about a half mile) between GF and Poly.

It might be too much of a hassle with luggage, but I believe there's a walking path (about a half mile) between GF and Poly.

Yeah no we're not doing that in the Florida heat.

Edit cause I was a bit flippant: we've done it before and it's a long walk. We're talking like 6 bags between us counting carry ons and personal items. It's not feasible.

Honestly, it's a pretty short walk! We walked between the two a lot.

:)

We were perfectly fine walking it on our October trip a couple years back, but all we had were purses, and what normally seems like a not bad walk gets a lot longer when you're weighed down with bags and have sun on you. And we're chronic overpackers, lol. I'm the type that needs "options". :crazy: Granted we do stay organized with packing cubes, but it's still a lot of stuff. I just don't feel good about leaving GF at the hottest part of the day to walk it over ourselves.

Already rescheduled 5/2 trip to December, but lurking here just in case we get pushed back again (also the December thread is nowhere near as lively as the May threads have been). Hopefully by December things are close enough to "normal" to make the trip worth it, but, since only go every few years, if the parks are still closed, or the experience is still too limited, we might end up joining the new Mayfolk here instead. As much as it would suck to tack on another 5 months of waiting (and avoiding RotR spoilers), I'd rather wait than have a compromised experience.

I am calling tomorrow to book our room only for Boardwalk Inn, May 8-17 or 9-17, i have the rest of the day to decide 9 nights, 10 days or 8 nights, 9 days. Our hoppers are currently for 9 days(because we hop every single day, even the day we leave on the evening flight, every trip) but since they are good until 12/15 they will be easy to change and add a day once they download the 2021 calendar.
On a side note, since tomorrow was supposed to be our arrival day and we always go on Haunted Mansion on arrival day, I made myself happy by buying the Robert Olszewski Haunted Mansion miniature with the 3 scenes. I told myself last year I was getting it, didnt, was going to get it this trip.....decided I didn't want to wait until Sept or next May. ShopDisney take my money.

Ok, room is now booked for next year. Please add me for Boardwalk Inn, May 8-17.
It is fitting I booked it today as this was supposed to be our arrival day this year. Only 364 days to go! Keeping fingers crossed for AH next year so I can replicate this years perfect trip, but I will definitely temper my expectations. However I will say I see no reason for them not to have then, they are the definition in our experience of uber low crowds, unless they want to save money and not have cast working.

Today was our arrival day at Disney too (after a night at Universal). I checked the weather and it's rainy and cool today...will be much be weather next year for sure...fingers crossed.

My trip seems like it will be a full May trip now instead of April/May. Which is unfortunate because now I have to call again, but it's really my college's fault for having a weird exam schedule that isn't listed with the rest of the academic calendar. Leaving the day after classes end just seemed like perfect timing.

Probably looking at May 2-12 at WL.

They've been taking my money, too. :)

I’ve been good, lots of browsing but haven’t purchased anything...it’s been nothing but necessities here. I started to preorder the masks but realized I could get them from Etsy faster. I would make my own but nothing in my cosplay fabric stash is really conducive to them.

Yesterday would have been our fly home day, today is my last day of staycation (I always take a day after returning) and of course my boss had to text me to tell me we’re all back in the office now. Been easing the pain with Stacy on YouTube lol.

It's so hard to plan when we have no idea what parks will be like come May. I mean I would hope thing are mostly back to normal, but honestly I don't count on anything these days!

In the meantime, all my pretty, lightweight bandanas and one chiffon scarf/mask are arriving this week - at least I'll have those ready!
:D
Just in case, today I received 3 pretty cotton J Crew bandanas. And I ordered 3 elastic ear ones as well that arent arriving until June, but I can wait for those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter