"Can't miss" gluten-free dining

miniwinnie

Earning My Ears
I am visiting WDW in the fall for a girls trip! One of us has Celiac disease and therefore cannot have gluten of any kind. If you too have a gluten intolerance, what are a few "can't miss" quick service/table service treats and dining options that you've had on property that are gluten-free? While I know Disney accommodates all dietary restrictions, I want to be sure she is enjoying herself and her food as much as the rest of us! :mickeybar

Last edited:
I asked this question for my daughter. Some things I’m looking forward to:

GF Churros at Nomad’s Lounge.

GF Chicken fingers!!

They often have Amy’s GF Macaroni and cheese.

Dole Whip!

I will be sure to checkout the threads you've posted on the subject for additional info! Thanks for your reply! :-)

I am visiting WDW in the fall for a girls trip! One of us has Celiac disease and therefore cannot have gluten of any kind. If you too have a gluten intolerance, what are a few "can't miss" quick service/table service treats and dining options that you've had on property that are gluten-free? While I know Disney accommodates all dietary restrictions, I want to be sure she is enjoying herself and her food as much as the rest of us! :mickeybar
one thing I have seen at Counter Serves is there is a longer wait for her food as that food is done pre order not ready and holding

When I visited with a friend with a gluten allergy a couple of years ago our favorite meal was the Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom. Delicious gluten free stuffing!

Nomad Lounge - almost everything on their menu is GF...the GF churros, wagyu sliders, and ribs are our favorites.

Port Orleans French Quarter - GF beignets!

Brown Derby Lounge - GF wagyu sliders, charcuterie board w/ GF toasts

Woody’s lunchbox - GF grilled cheese

Epcot - the tacos al pastor and chicken tostada at la Choza de Margarita stand

Raglan Road - wild boar burger, fish and chips, onion rings

Mickey waffles!!!

My son has Celiac. His "must have's" include:

Fried Chicken at Skipper Canteen (MK) and 50's Prime Time (HS) - have to order ahead at 50's Prime Time, not required at Skipper Canteen

Chocolate Wave dessert at Coral Reef (EP)

Rice Bowls at Satu'li Canteen (AK)

"Thanksgiving Dinner" at Liberty Tree Tavern (MK)

Fish and Chips at Raglan Road (DS)

Tortilla Chips and Salsa at San Angel Inn (EP) - Get there right when lunch starts to avoid cross contamination

one thing I have seen at Counter Serves is there is a longer wait for her food as that food is done pre order not ready and holding

That will be good to keep in mind! Thanks!

Raglan Road/Cookes of Dublin for GF fish and chips along with GF onion rings.

Those sound like great DS options, thanks! :-)

When I visited with a friend with a gluten allergy a couple of years ago our favorite meal was the Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom. Delicious gluten free stuffing!

That sounds delicious and will be a perfect meal during our fall trip! :thanks:

Nomad Lounge - almost everything on their menu is GF...the GF churros, wagyu sliders, and ribs are our favorites.

Port Orleans French Quarter - GF beignets!

Brown Derby Lounge - GF wagyu sliders, charcuterie board w/ GF toasts

Woody’s lunchbox - GF grilled cheese

Epcot - the tacos al pastor and chicken tostada at la Choza de Margarita stand

Raglan Road - wild boar burger, fish and chips, onion rings

Mickey waffles!!!

So many wonderful options! I didn't know POFQ has GF beignets and I am now dying to try them too! :P

My son has Celiac. His "must have's" include:

Fried Chicken at Skipper Canteen (MK) and 50's Prime Time (HS) - have to order ahead at 50's Prime Time, not required at Skipper Canteen

Chocolate Wave dessert at Coral Reef (EP)

Rice Bowls at Satu'li Canteen (AK)

"Thanksgiving Dinner" at Liberty Tree Tavern (MK)

Fish and Chips at Raglan Road (DS)

Tortilla Chips and Salsa at San Angel Inn (EP) - Get there right when lunch starts to avoid cross contamination

All sound excellent! Thank you for sharing your son's suggestions!

Ooh I need to follow this thread!! I am visiting in September with my best friend who has an allergy, we've done a bunch of research but keen to see if there's anything I've missed!

You can also find a bunch of menus at Gluten Free & Dairy Free at WDW

https://www.glutenfreedairyfreewdw.com/

This is super helpful! Thanks for sharing!

Yak and Yeti table service! The chef himself has celiac. He's very knowledgeable and made me an amazing meal!

Great to know! I can only imagine how good the GF options are knowing that the chef himself has Celiac. We'll be sure to try it! :goodvibes

Ooh I need to follow this thread!! I am visiting in September with my best friend who has an allergy, we've done a bunch of research but keen to see if there's anything I've missed!

Thanks for following along! So far lots of great resources/tips have been shared! :grouphug:

Are there GF beignets anywhere besides Port Orleans? I recently found out I'm gluten intolerant and was so super bummed about no beignets.

I just figured I'd eat Dole Whips all day long.

From what i understand, gf beignets are just at Port Orleans. I am planning on a mid day break from the parks to try some (staying at Pop).

I read on a food blog yesterday that Skipper Canteen in MK will be serving gf Brazilian cheese bread! The same Brazilian cheese bread that is offered at the food and wine festival- it is amazing!!

Last edited:
Definitely the churros at Nomad Lounge- amazing! It was so good, we ordered another round. We shared a few small plates there are we liked everything- great to sit outside and just relax and enjoy!

LTT- excellent! A must do!

I'm looking forward to trying them too! 😋

Are there GF beignets anywhere besides Port Orleans? I recently found out I'm gluten intolerant and was so super bummed about no beignets.

I just figured I'd eat Dole Whips all day long.

Hey, a day full of Dole Whips is not a bad day at all! :thumbsup2

From what i understand, gf beignets are just at Port Orleans. I am planning on a mid day break from the parks to try some (staying at Pop).

I read an a food blog yesterday that Skipper Canteen in MK will be serving gf Brazilian cheese bread! The same Brazilian cheese bread that is offered at the food and wine festival- it is amazing!!

I LOVE Brazillian cheese bread and I know my GF friend does too! Looking forward to trying it out!

Those gf churros were sooo worth the trip to AK! As was the trip to POFQ for my beignets. I will say not all gf mickey waffles are created equally. Cape May Cafe had the best I found and the chef was super accommodating. He came out and took my order (since buffets are risky) and I got to have the bananas foster sauce. Garden Grill I love as an experience and was worth it for the nutella-like drizzle, but they were undercooked. Not a fan of the gf mickey waffles at Ohana personally, they were nearly raw and had an aftertaste. Good luck!

Last edited:
This is a super helpful thread. We have a girls trip planned this fall and two of us have severe gluten allergies.

Those gf churros were sooo worth the trip to AK! As was the trip to POFQ for my beignets. I will say not all gf mickey waffles are created equally. Cape May Cafe had the best I found and the chef was super accommodating. He came out and took my order (since buffets are risky) and I got to have the bananas foster sauce. Garden Grill I love as an experience and was worth it for the nutella-like drizzle, but they were undercooked. Not a fan of the gf mickey waffles at Ohana personally, they were nearly raw and had an aftertaste. Good luck!

This makes me so glad we have a CMC breakfast scheduled on our next trip. This will be my first time back to WDW since developing my wheat allergy. Now if only Crystal Palace would make a GF version of their Pooh's puffed french toast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter