"Can't miss" gluten-free dining

Looking for GF options as well. I recently completed a Whole30 and now? I react to gluten. We are on the quick service plan and I have seen there are a lot of options for meals there, which makes me very happy. Only one ADR - for the Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast, but it looks like I'll be ok there. Might miss out on the pastries, but I don't really *need* to eat pastries. LOL

Honestly, my biggest sadness is no Mickey pretzels and no school bread. And I wanted to try a churro for the first time this trip. Maybe see if I can get them at Nomad, but it's not a must-do kind of thing.

Looking for GF options as well. I recently completed a Whole30 and now? I react to gluten. We are on the quick service plan and I have seen there are a lot of options for meals there, which makes me very happy. Only one ADR - for the Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast, but it looks like I'll be ok there. Might miss out on the pastries, but I don't really *need* to eat pastries. LOL

Honestly, my biggest sadness is no Mickey pretzels and no school bread. And I wanted to try a churro for the first time this trip. Maybe see if I can get them at Nomad, but it's not a must-do kind of thing.

no mickey pretzels... 😞 That will surely be a sad missed treat, but by the looks of it, it seems as though there are lots of other options in store!

We just ate at Raglan Road yesterday. Along w the GF fish and chips, they have gluten free buns for the burgers and the gluten free onion rings are absolutely delicious. The food there was really, really good.

Satu’li Canteen is amazing!!! You can’t get the pods or dessert, but pretty much any combination with the bowls (I think one sauce is not safe) world just fine.

Only one ADR - for the Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast, but it looks like I'll be ok there. Might miss out on the pastries, but I don't really *need* to eat pastries. LOL

Everything I have read/heard indicates that they will bring you your own pastries. Not the cool designs they have for the gluten-filled ones, but pastries.

My gluten free DW says that the churros at Nomad are worth the trip to AK all by themselves. If you want to do a full meal, go to Santu’li Canteen for one of the bowls and then stop at Nomad Lounge for dessert.

She also swears by the GF onion rings and fish and chips at Raglan Road. I find the GF batter used on those preparations to be better than the regular batter, since I prefer a lighter batter on these deep fried foods.

Those gf churros were sooo worth the trip to AK! As was the trip to POFQ for my beignets. I will say not all gf mickey waffles are created equally. Cape May Cafe had the best I found and the chef was super accommodating. He came out and took my order (since buffets are risky) and I got to have the bananas foster sauce. Garden Grill I love as an experience and was worth it for the nutella-like drizzle, but they were undercooked. Not a fan of the gf mickey waffles at Ohana personally, they were nearly raw and had an aftertaste. Good luck!
We ate breakfast at Cape May last week, and I agree, the waffles there were the BEST I've had on property! The banana sauce was to die for.

Erin McKennas for dessert or the chocolate cake at Raglan Road- it’s fabulous! D-Luxe has great burgers and fries too in Disney Springs.

Erin McKennas for dessert or the chocolate cake at Raglan Road- it’s fabulous! D-Luxe has great burgers and fries too in Disney Springs.

Sorry, gonna disagree on Erin McKenna. Bland and just not good. If I’m going to spend dessert calories I’m not wasting them on her stuff.

BOATHOUSE makes an excellent allergy dessert!! It is chocolate and just YUM!!

We are both gf and definitely have some go to places and foods. Many TS and some QS places will make accommodations. Port Orleans gf beignets are a must. I also had the best gf shrimp po boy there loaded with sautéed shrimp.
Raglan Road has lots of options as does yak and yeti. We enjoy breakfast at BOG and trattoria al forno, both have great homemade gf pastries. Flourless chocolate cake at contempo cafe. Looking forward to trying the churros when we visit in January.

I leave tomorrow after an 8 night stay with my gluten intolerant mother and she said that her shorts are tight after so much great food. We focused on Table Service and snacks and every restaurant was super accommodating. Here’s our list:

Frozen Dessert Party - Somewhat of a disappointment. The chef was friendly and helpful, but she brought mostly packaged deserts that my Mom didn’t love. A couple of the options were pretty good, though.

Skipper Canteen - Huge win. We shared the Brazilian cheese bread (sooo good) and she loved her entree and dessert. We both loved the food so much that we ate there again today.

Hoop Dee Doo Review - She was over the moon about the cornbread and loved the salad and grilled chicken. They also brought her a GF strawberry shortcake that was a nice and unexpected touch.

Trattoria al Forno - My Mom loved the pasta and sangria.

Nomad Lounge - French fries from a dedicated fryer AND churros? My Mom was in heaven.

Sana’a - Another win.

Sassagoula Floatworks - I think that my Mom may be dreaming about those beignets right now.

Rose and Crown - Amazing baked fish and chips, plus GF cider and a dessert so pretty that I had to take its picture.

Erin McKenna’s Bakery - A rare miss. She was super excited about the donuts, but they definitely didn’t taste as good as they looked.

Pineapple Lanai - Her first Dole Whip was a hit.

Happily Ever After Dessert Party - Definitely a step up from the Frozen party options. My Mom received a plate filled with specialty desserts, including brownies and lemon cake.

Overall, we were really pleased with how easy it was for her to eat GF and also trust that she wouldn’t end up with accidental contamination. Back home, she’s very limited and usually ends up going to the same restaurant all the time because they have good options and she trusts their kitchen. So having so many different choices was like heaven. A+ to Disney.

We also booked a one bedroom at BWV. I definitely recommend it, as the full kitchen plus grocery delivery allowed her to enjoy morning toast and evening snacks without worry.

WOW! I'm so glad this thread has gained traction for all of my GF/Celiac friends. Thanks everyone! :grouphug:

We just ate at Raglan Road yesterday. Along w the GF fish and chips, they have gluten free buns for the burgers and the gluten free onion rings are absolutely delicious. The food there was really, really good.

That is amazing to hear -- we have a dinner there planned for our next trip!

Satu’li Canteen is amazing!!! You can’t get the pods or dessert, but pretty much any combination with the bowls (I think one sauce is not safe) world just fine.

Awesome AK option! Thanks for your input!

Chocolate cake at Raglan Road will be a must-try! :mickeybar

We are both gf and definitely have some go to places and foods. Many TS and some QS places will make accommodations. Port Orleans gf beignets are a must. I also had the best gf shrimp po boy there loaded with sautéed shrimp.
Raglan Road has lots of options as does yak and yeti. We enjoy breakfast at BOG and trattoria al forno, both have great homemade gf pastries. Flourless chocolate cake at contempo cafe. Looking forward to trying the churros when we visit in January.

Flourless chocolate cake you say? :scratchin Yum!

I leave tomorrow after an 8 night stay with my gluten intolerant mother and she said that her shorts are tight after so much great food. We focused on Table Service and snacks and every restaurant was super accommodating. Here’s our list:

Frozen Dessert Party - Somewhat of a disappointment. The chef was friendly and helpful, but she brought mostly packaged deserts that my Mom didn’t love. A couple of the options were pretty good, though.

Skipper Canteen - Huge win. We shared the Brazilian cheese bread (sooo good) and she loved her entree and dessert. We both loved the food so much that we ate there again today.

Hoop Dee Doo Review - She was over the moon about the cornbread and loved the salad and grilled chicken. They also brought her a GF strawberry shortcake that was a nice and unexpected touch.

Trattoria al Forno - My Mom loved the pasta and sangria.

Nomad Lounge - French fries from a dedicated fryer AND churros? My Mom was in heaven.

Sana’a - Another win.

Sassagoula Floatworks - I think that my Mom may be dreaming about those beignets right now.

Rose and Crown - Amazing baked fish and chips, plus GF cider and a dessert so pretty that I had to take its picture.

Erin McKenna’s Bakery - A rare miss. She was super excited about the donuts, but they definitely didn’t taste as good as they looked.

Pineapple Lanai - Her first Dole Whip was a hit.

Happily Ever After Dessert Party - Definitely a step up from the Frozen party options. My Mom received a plate filled with specialty desserts, including brownies and lemon cake.

Overall, we were really pleased with how easy it was for her to eat GF and also trust that she wouldn’t end up with accidental contamination. Back home, she’s very limited and usually ends up going to the same restaurant all the time because they have good options and she trusts their kitchen. So having so many different choices was like heaven. A+ to Disney.

We also booked a one bedroom at BWV. I definitely recommend it, as the full kitchen plus grocery delivery allowed her to enjoy morning toast and evening snacks without worry.

:thanks: This is so informative! I'm very happy to hear that your mom enjoyed all of the seemingly limitless GF offerings at WDW. I'm looking forward to sharing this with my Celiac aunt so that she has a few places to look forward to on our November trip!!!

One recommendation I have for gluten free folks (and other allergies too) is to use mobile ordering in the parks if you are going to do a QS lunch or dinner. If you order ahead of time you can avoid waiting the extra 15 minutes (or sometimes longer) that it takes to prepare the allergy meals.

In the mobile order screen it asks you to tap the button that says, "I'm Here, Purchase My Order." If you are ordering something that isn't inherently gluten feee and needs to be cooked separately, like chicken strips or pizza, I would suggest tapping that button as soon as you order and then making your way to the QS location. If you are ordering something that just needs to be composed, such as a bowl at Satu'li, tap the button when you actually are at the QS location, since the items in the bowl are already prepared.

We have found the best QS with gluten free options for mobile ordering in each park to be:
MK--Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bill, Pinocchio
HS--Backlot Express, Rosie's, Pizza Rizzo
AK--Flame Tree, Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus, Satu'li Canteen
EPCOT--Electric Umbrella (however this QS is closing soon, so not sure where to mobile order when that happens)

Last edited:
One recommendation I have for gluten free folks (and other allergies too) is to use mobile ordering in the parks if you are going to do a QS lunch or dinner. If you order ahead of time you can avoid waiting the extra 15 minutes (or sometimes longer) that it takes to prepare the allergy meals.

In the mobile order screen it asks you to tap the button that says, "I'm Here, Purchase My Order." If you are ordering something that isn't inherently gluten feee and needs to be cooked separately, like chicken strips or pizza, I would suggest tapping that button as soon as you order and then making your way to the QS location. If you are ordering something that just needs to be composed, such as a bowl at Satu'li, tap the button when you actually are at the QS location, since the items in the bowl are already prepared.

We have found the best QS with gluten free options for mobile ordering in each park to be:
MK--Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bill, Pinocchio
HS--Backlot Express, Rosie's, Pizza Rizzo
AK--Flame Tree, Pizzafari, Restaurantosaurus, Satu'li Canteen
EPCOT--Electric Umbrella (however this QS is closing soon, so not sure where to mobile order when that happens)

If they would let you use a gift card for mobile ordering I would be all over it. But sadly, they won’t.

From what i understand, gf beignets are just at Port Orleans. I am planning on a mid day break from the parks to try some (staying at Pop).

I read on a food blog yesterday that Skipper Canteen in MK will be serving gf Brazilian cheese bread! The same Brazilian cheese bread that is offered at the food and wine festival- it is amazing!!

We had this today. It was amazing. Thank you!

DH has celiac disease and LOVES the flourless chocolate cake (he's had it at Mama Melroses, and we also found it in the bakery case at Contempo Cafe; ask and they'll get you one from the back so there's no cross-contamination). SOME restaurants (both TS and QS) fry their house chips in a gluten-free fryer; be sure to ask. Don't forget Mickey Bars, and some soft-serve flavors and toppings (he likes strawberry sundaes on vanilla ice cream) are OK; ask to check the ingredient book. And I almost forgot - Erin McKenna's bakery at Disney Springs is entirely gluten-free, and Sprinkles has a gluten-free red velvet cupcake.

I read on a food blog yesterday that Skipper Canteen in MK will be serving gf Brazilian cheese bread! The same Brazilian cheese bread that is offered at the food and wine festival- it is amazing!!
We had this today. It was amazing. Thank you!
Are you aware that the Brazilian cheese bread (Pao de Queijo) served at F&W and SC is basically Chebe bread?
https://www.chebe.com/
If you like it that much, you can make it really easily at home. I buy tapioca flower and skip the Chebe mix and make my own. It makes a really chewy, cheesy pizza crust too!

Erin McKenna's bakery at Disney Springs is entirely gluten-free, and Sprinkles has a gluten-free red velvet cupcake.
I had the red velvet cupcake from Sprinkles TWICE when we were there a few weeks ago! LOL! It was sssooo good and far, far superior to anything from Erin McKenna's.

I also admit to going to Scat Cat's TWICE also for biegnets! No wonder I gained 4 lbs that I'm working off now. :rotfl:

My daughter's favorites were Erin Mckenna, of course, and the chicken at Chicken Guys. Most of the sauces there are GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter