Can't order Magic Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all, I know this is going to shock everyone but I think there may be something wrong with MDE, specifically at the moment, the Magic Band area. At least online.
I go to check mine and I have none, nor can I order any for my upcoming trip.
I can see them on the app (but you can't order MB on the app) so whatever it is, it's a glitch. As hard as that is to believe :rolleyes:

I think the cut off for customization is 30 days prior to check in.
Nope.

If you customize greater than 30 days out, they are processed at 30 days.
If you customize less than 30 days out, they are processed the following day. You can customize as little as 5 days prior to check in and will receive the customized bands at the resort.

Nope.

If you customize less than 30 days out, they are processed the following day. You can customize as little as 5 days prior to check in and will receive the customized bands at the resort.

Did they change this recently? We went over Christmas and got our box of magicbands WEEKS before our trip. I didn't look, but I doubt, even if I could make changes after they sent it, that they would give me new ones. Also, members that didn't customize got gray bands....weeks before trip date.

Nope.

Did they change this recently? We went over Christmas and got our box of magicbands WEEKS before our trip. I didn't look, but I doubt, even if I could make changes after they sent it, that they would give me new ones. Also, members that didn't customize got gray bands....weeks before trip date.
It's semantics, I think.
Once you confirm your choices and they finalize and ship (at 30 or so days) you can't get back in to make changes.
But if you don't ever confirm your address, they should be waiting at the resort and you can receive them at the resort. And you can change colors
Plus, make sure you are not comparing to someone International as their rules are different.

I just checked MDE on my computer, not the app. and everything is showing and correct even the Magic Bands. Try again and see if they fixed it.

We are moving several times too. I just booked DVC for Spring Break and had to piece together whatever was available. On the reservation page on My Disney Experience, there is nothing showing up about Magic bands. I asked the tech guy if it was due to having several reservations. He said it wasn't because ogf all the reservations. He wasn't sure why and therefore had to escalate the problem.
Okay. We spent 103 minutes on the phone bc we have a big old mess. The regular help desk person escalated it. The escalations people said we had to call member services and have one of the DVC tech people create an additional acct for us bc we were using too much space. When she explained what was going to have to happen it did not sound right so we asked for a supervisor. The supervisor was not a tech person but totally understood the problem and was able to begin to get our immediate problem of magic bands that should have already shipped, moving. The DVC tech person had, in the mean time, bumped our problem further up the food chain. Those people understand what our problem is, don't feel there is a need to add another acct, and believe that they can get us back in the business of seeing and customizing magic bands. So...
If your problem doesn't straighten itself out pretty soon, I would call back or call MS technical support.

Reactions: rlk
Y'all, I know this is going to shock everyone but I think there may be something wrong with MDE, specifically at the moment, the Magic Band area. At least online.
I can see them on the app (but you can't order MB on the app) so whatever it is, it's a glitch. As hard as that is to believe :rolleyes:

That is exactly my problem. I spoke with IT again this afternoon. They said that it is a bit of an issue for some people right now. The IT person said it was a good thing I called it in early. You should let them know of the issue too.

Okay. We spent 103 minutes on the phone bc we have a big old mess. The regular help desk person escalated it. The escalations people said we had to call member services and have one of the DVC tech people create an additional acct for us bc we were using too much space. When she explained what was going to have to happen it did not sound right so we asked for a supervisor. The supervisor was not a tech person but totally understood the problem and was able to begin to get our immediate problem of magic bands that should have already shipped, moving. The DVC tech person had, in the mean time, bumped our problem further up the food chain. Those people understand what our problem is, don't feel there is a need to add another acct, and believe that they can get us back in the business of seeing and customizing magic bands. So...
If your problem doesn't straighten itself out pretty soon, I would call back or call MS technical support.

I hope you get everything straightened out soon.

I think I will try given MS tech a call. Like I posted above, when I called back, the IT CM said it was a bit of an issue for them now. They were working on why my Magic bands won't display on My Disney Experience.

The IT CM said that you can customize up to 2 weeks prior to your arrival.

I'm on the phone with MS technical support now. She said I am the third call today. I assume Clayfolks was one of the three. So, the MS tech person said they didn't know when they could get the Magic bands to display on my Disney Experience. They are going to customize them for us. I just need to figure out what colors we want and then call back.

Last edited:
I'm on the phone with MS technical support now. She said I am the third call today. I assume Clayfolks was one of the three. So, the MS tech person said they didn't know when they could get the Magic bands to display on my Disney Experience. They are going to customize then for us. I just need to figure out what colors we want and then call back.
Perfecto! The interesting thing, to me, was that no one could see my magic bands anywhere, except the MS supervisor. He was awesome. They must have different access.

I'm glad I found this thread! We have a DVC stay coming up (rented points) and when I go to My magic bands they are not there, only old ones from previous trips. There is also an error message at the top saying "we are unable to display..."

So I guess I should call tomorrow. We check in Mar 4.

I'm glad I found this thread! We have a DVC stay coming up (rented points) and when I go to My magic bands they are not there, only old ones from previous trips. There is also an error message at the top saying "we are unable to display..."

If you are renting points, will you be able to call DVC MS tech or do you need the owner of the points to call? I have a one night non DVC resort stay before my DVC reservations. The DVC tech said that they could not access the regular reservation and the same goes for the non DVC Disney techs.

What? That’s just crazy talk, Angi. Disney tech having anything wrong with it? Never.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

You can use your old magic bands.

If you are renting points, will you be able to call DVC MS tech or do you need the owner of the points to call? I have a one night non DVC resort stay before my DVC reservations. The DVC tech said that they could not access the regular reservation and the same goes for the non DVC Disney techs.

Good point. I will check with the owner.

I finally broke down and called.
75 min later, 2 issues had to be escalated to IT
Still can't access the Magic Band area on the website (only on the app)
Still can't access any Annual Passholder room discounts

They haven't a clue what's wrong. The guy suspects that the number of MB on the account could be what's causing the MB issue. They are going to remove all the inactive bands we have completely. Which would be great. Would be great if they'd allow users to do that too. Give choices of making them inactive or remove, since there are cases for both. I wanted to make some more inactive, which is how I found this problem in the first place.
The Passholder room problem is a complete mystery

I finally broke down and called.
75 min later, 2 issues had to be escalated to IT
Still can't access the Magic Band area on the website (only on the app)
Still can't access any Annual Passholder room discounts

They haven't a clue what's wrong. The guy suspects that the number of MB on the account could be what's causing the MB issue. They are going to remove all the inactive bands we have completely. Which would be great. Would be great if they'd allow users to do that too. Give choices of making them inactive or remove, since there are cases for both. I wanted to make some more inactive, which is how I found this problem in the first place.
The Passholder room problem is a complete mystery

I was having issues at beginning of week finally able to get MB last night. I haven't checked again for AP discount. I too have about 30 MB each on there and most are deactivated ... be great to remove them because it's just too much sitting there waiting to go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!