Can't thank Disney enough

Figment1964

Mom of 4 great boys
We just returned from WDW and can't begin to thank Disney enough for offering the GAC. My 9 yo ds has Asperger's Syndrome and having the pass made it so he was able to have a calmer, more relaxed vacation than he otherwise would have had. Thus, more calm and relaxed parents equals a good vacation!

We got the pass with no problem and had excellent experiences with all but 1 cast member. And even that experience wasn't that bad, just her not really understanding what we truly needed, so we just didn't take our son on the ride, we each took turns going.

I got the GAC at AK and I was prepared with a doctor's note and to have to give a big explanation but as soon as I said that my son has autism she asked me his name, how many in our party and how long we were staying. She came right back with the pass and we were on our way!

So, thank you Disney!!!

Thanks for the great post. It's always nice to hear the good things that happen at WDW. I am glad you had a good vacation, too.

Thanks for sharing the positive info. We are planning on getting a GAC for our 6 year old. It's our first trip on a plane since his diagnosis at two so we are a bit nervous. Thanks again!

We got GAC on three trips. The first trip was thru MAKE A WISH and they supplied the GAC, the 2001 and 2002 trips, I requested the GAC from MK. I was armed with lots of medical letters too. They never asked for the letters but they hum and haa about giving it to my dd. I had to "talk them into it" 2001 and 2002 trips. 2002 trip, the CM said they don't have GAC anymore. I then asked if they replaced it with another pass or service. She rolled her eyes and went in the back and got a GAC. I wasn't happy about that. It's not like we abuse the pass. Maybe we'll ask at a different park next trip. S

I'm sorry to hear about what happened on your last trip. If something like that happened to me, I would have immediately asked for the supervisor or manager. There is ALWAYS one at City Hall. I would have then asked first how long the particular CM had been at Guest Services and at WDW, and then suggested that the CM either be trained in policy or assigned to a lesser position with no public contact.

That was exactly how nice it was for us also, only at the MK. The CM couldn't have been more understanding. She had the GAC ready in no time, and graciously gave me the book on disabilities and explained everything I needed to know, even showed me on the map where the companion bathrooms were. It made our trip a few weeks back so much better.

Deb:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter