Canuck up for the challenge =)

rainbowboy74

Earning My Ears
Hey All =)))

Well I guess I am what you would consider a "newbie" to all of this, I went to WDW for the first time a year ago. Now I plan on it being a regular thing, it was phenomonal and I can't wait to go back. I am going with a very good friend and am so looking forward to it.

We will be staying at Pop Century for the first day, then for the duration of the trip, residing at Saratoga Springs.

Just looking for any info and input from anyone and everyone. I have been reading alot of trip reports and am slowly beginning to plan alot of the stuff that I wish to experience. Does anyone have ideas of some of the "different" things to do, maybe the not so widely spread experiences and attractions; night life and so forth.

Just wanted to touch down and say hi to everyone. Look forward to hearing from everyone and hopefully making some new friends along the way.

Till Later ..... :wave:

Welcome to the DIS, Tony! :wave:

When is your trip? Sometimes there are seasonal events that you can attend during different times of years (for example, there is the Food & Wine Festival in Oct. and Nov., and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in Oct. as well). So if you tell us when you are going, we may be able to suggest things that you can't do during other times of the year.

One of my favorite things to do at Disney World is spend a night or two (or five) at Jellyrolls, a dueling piano bar on the Boardwalk. There are two pairs of piano players each night, and they take requests from the audience. It's a really great place to park your butt, and sing along to some great music. The piano players are fantastic (especially Scotty and Ray).

Another thing that I always enjoy doing is visiting all the different resorts. Each one has a unique theme, and it's fun to check them out and decide which one I'd like to try out next. I love browsing in the gift shops--some of them have some pretty neat items to look at.

It's also fun looking for Hidden Mickeys throughout the parks. You can pick up a list of some hidden Mickeys at the Guest Relations, or for a more detailed list, you can pick up the Hidden Mickey book written by Steven Barrett. You should be able to find it at most bookstores (the bookstores in my area have them in the travel section), online, or down at Disney World.

Those are just a few things I can suggest off the top of my head :)

Have a great time planning!

Karen

Thanks for the welcome Karen .. I guess it would have been a good idea to say the date of my trip ... ;) I will be at WDW from October 30 thru November 8. I have planned to see the food and wine festival again, I was there during my first trip last year, but plan on seeing it all, as I was on a time budget last year. My good friend who is going with my is a pro, so my tickets for the Halloween party are already purchased.

I do like the sound of the Jellyrolls place and will definitely have to give that place a looksie, as it sounds like a totally great time. Any other suggestion you might have, I want to have some input on this vacation, my firend will do most of it, but I would like to do some research myself to see some new stuff I might like to experiece.

Thanks for the great start. I am totally new to this, but totally loving it all already.

:D

Sounds like your friend is right on top of things, Tony :) Looks like you already have some great things planned.

Did you go to Disney Quest when you were there last year? It's like a high tech arcade where you can try out virtual reality attractions. You can design your own roller coaster and jump in a flight simulator to ride it. You can become a pinball in Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam. You can guide a raft down some rapids on the virtual Jungle Cruise. It's a great place to spend a few hours :)

If you like golf, there are some fantastic course down at Disney (both real and miniature). You can even rent clubs down there.

Have you thought about doing a tour? Keys to the Kingdom is a great one--you'll learn a lot of the background of the Magic Kingdom, and get to seem some backstage area. Or what about the Segway tour in Epcot? You get an hour of training on the Segway, followed by an hour exploring the World Showcase.

Just a few more ideas.

Karen

<b>Welcome to the DIS and Adult/Solo Board, Tony</b>. Karen has given you some great suggestions. How about Cirque de Soleil? It is a fantastic show.

Dear Karens

Thanks for the endorsement. Not quite a pro yet but someday soon.

Penny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter