Cape May cafe, 1900 park fare or chef Mickey dinner??

desl10

Mouseketeer
Which restaurant would you pick out of chef Mickey, 1900 park fare, cape May cafe? Traveling with my grandma mom,hubby, and kids ages 3,3,5,9. Good quality has a slight edge over environment for me. I have to book my ADR tomorrow!

Last edited:
1900 Park Fare. You can't go wrong with either breakfast or dinner. There are different characters at each, but both sets are some of the most interactive on property.

Thanks!!! I have done CM before and not overly flipped but for little kiddos it does have the most notable characters that’s why it’s in the running. But I have never done 1900 and the food seems slightly better!! Ahaha. Game time and I am so nervous I am second guessing!!

I second 1900. I had never done it before last year and it was the first one we put on our list when we planned to go to this summer. I am looking forward to returning there with my 3 and 5 year old, and to have the strawberry soup again.

Also, the character interaction seemed better there than at CM.

I second 1900. I had never done it before last year and it was the first one we put on our list when we planned to go to this summer. I am looking forward to returning there with my 3 and 5 year old, and to have the strawberry soup again.

Also, the character interaction seemed better there than at CM.

What was the biggest surprise that makes you want to go again over CM? We have similar ages kids.

Which restaurant would you vote out of chef Mickey, 1900 park fare, cape May cafe? Traveling with my grandma mom,hubby, and kids ages 3,3,5,9. Good quality has a slight edge over environment for me. I have to book my ADR tomorrow!

1900 Park Fare will give you a pretty decent buffet, always great CMs, great characters morning or night that anybody would love and a visit to a lovely hotel lobby. Nice to take a few pics of the kids in some spots. We've never waited long to be seated and never left disappointed.

Cape May Cafe, I am assuming breakfast since your other two are character meals. I think it's one of the best character meals because the interaction has always been excellent, love their costumes and they are the core Disney characters. The breakfast is a solid buffet, nothing too fancy but no complaints. Always enjoyed the more relaxed less chaotic experience and taken Grandma there several times. We always wander out by beach and boardwalk after to take pictures.

Chef Mickey ............... will never be on my list again. No redeeming quality and those characters are readily available at the parks.

What was the biggest surprise that makes you want to go again over CM? We have similar ages kids.

Oh man, for dinner it was the most amazing character interaction by multiple magnitudes. Drizella wanted to marry my son, then Cinderella came and kissed his cheek, which threw Drizella into a jealous rage. It was insane to be a part of. For breakfast, the mad hatter was tons of fun, and Alice was a unique character. On top of that, the food was good at both meals for being a buffet. Stuff the that kids liked as well as adventurous enough stuff for my wife and I.

1900 Park Fare will give you a pretty decent buffet, always great CMs, great characters morning or night that anybody would love and a visit to a lovely hotel lobby. Nice to take a few pics of the kids in some spots. We've never waited long to be seated and never left disappointed.

Cape May Cafe, I am assuming breakfast since your other two are character meals. I think it's one of the best character meals because the interaction has always been excellent, love their costumes and they are the core Disney characters. The breakfast is a solid buffet, nothing too fancy but no complaints. Always enjoyed the more relaxed less chaotic experience and taken Grandma there several times. We always wander out by beach and boardwalk after to take pictures.

Chef Mickey ............... will never be on my list again. No redeeming quality and those characters are readily available at the parks.
Thanks so much! Excellent and detailed advice. I am only looking to pick 1 of these 3 bc I need one more dinner night option. On our list is ohana's, Akershus or CRT,if I can land, and fantasmic dinning plan. We need a resort dinner one night due to some of our group not having a park ticket the first day.

Oh man, for dinner it was the most amazing character interaction by multiple magnitudes. Drizella wanted to marry my son, then Cinderella came and kissed his cheek, which threw Drizella into a jealous rage. It was insane to be a part of. For breakfast, the mad hatter was tons of fun, and Alice was a unique character. On top of that, the food was good at both meals for being a buffet. Stuff the that kids liked as well as adventurous enough stuff for my wife and I.
Awesome! Hoping we can land a resvervation for dinner! Our ADR time slot opens up in the morning.

Thanks so much! Excellent and detailed advice. I am only looking to pick 1 of these 3 bc I need one more dinner night option. On our list is ohana's, Akershus or CRT,if I can land, and fantasmic dinning plan. We need a resort dinner one night due to some of our group not having a park ticket the first day.

Ok then for dinner Cape May Cafe is not character meal but a seafood buffet. We are used to fresh seafood so it’s not high on list. Been there but I would say it’s average “buffet” food. In that case I would do 1900. Dinner has wide range of food and we love the character interaction.

I would go with 1900PF. Great dinner options and fun character interaction!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter