Cape May Cafe dinner Seafood Buffet?

don8life

Please don't take your organs to heaven. Heaven kn
Disney has this dinner as a seafood Buffett. But the Dis has it as mussels clams, and meats.
Has anybody been? Hubby and are going for the first time without children in 25 years. We are doing the dining plan and thought the seafood Buffett sounded great since the kids hate seafood.

What are your opinions?

THanks!

HI - we go every visit, and stay at Beach Club so sometimes twice. Love the buffet. Each time they would have a salmon dish, fried fish/cod nuggets, calamari, clams (steamed & strips), shrimp (peel & eat and fried), a carving station, usually a roast, and last but not least, the snow crab legs. No lobster. Strictly speaking, coming from the Northeast where seafood is plentiful, I might argue buffet style seafood is not the same as restaurant-style seafood, but I do enjoy it regardless. If a more refined or upscale seafood dinner is on your minds, then I'd recommend Flying Fish nearby on the Boardwalk.

On our last trip, we ate our weight in crab legs at Cape May Cafe. I'd love to eat there again. Most people seem to enjoy it as well.

Unfortunately we won't be eating there on our next trip. We're doing a Beach Club-->Disney Dream Cruise-->Grand Floridian trip coming up here in a couple of weeks, and we figure we'll be eating enough seafood on the boat, so we figured we'd try a couple of different restaurants that we haven't eaten before on our Epcot and HS days before the cruise.

Disney has this dinner as a seafood Buffett. But the Dis has it as mussels clams, and meats.
Has anybody been? Hubby and are going for the first time without children in 25 years. We are doing the dining plan and thought the seafood Buffett sounded great since the kids hate seafood.

What are your opinions?

THanks!
It's VERY GOOD. It has Crab legs...as well as mussels/clams....clam chowder....salmon. It's the most seafood that you'll get at a buffet at Disney.

We ate there about 3 weeks ago. I would consider it a "seafood" buffet, but with a decent number of non-seafood items too so there is something for everyone. They seem to always have crab legs, mussels, fish nuggets, salmon, paella, peel and eat shrimp and I'm sure a couple other seafood items I am forgetting. They then have a couple fried items that rotate during the week. I've been there before on the nights they had fried shrimp and fried clam strips; I understand they also have calamari some nights, but we've never hit on that night.

It's been years since I ate there, but I remember liking it very much. The reason that I don't eat there anymore is that I am now a real resident of New Orleans (used to just visit) and have great shrimp and crabs available all the time for far less money. It's also more difficult to get to if not staying in the Boardwalk area. One can always get there easily from Epcot - but we usually go to Epcot during one of the festivals where we mostly eat at the food kiosks.

What are your opinions?

THanks!

We tried it for the first time in '15 & thought it was pretty good. In '17, we tried the seafood buffet night at Garden Grove in the Swolphin & thought Cape May was definitely better quality. It's easy to get to if staying the Boardwalk area or after a day at Epcot.

we love Cape May. The food is good, the service is good, well worth the $52 each we paid.

We really enjoy this buffet. We don't always eat there because, like others have already said, it can be tough to get to if you are not staying at one of the Epcot resorts. And when we are at Epcot, we always have dinner reservations at one of the countries in WS. However, on our trip in May we are staying at BCV and we will be back having dinner at the buffet. My family are HUGE fans of crab legs and will be on the DDP. We can't wait :goodvibes.

We ate there on our first trip 20 years ago and haven't been back since, even though we had a very good meal there. The crab legs were not standard then. For various reasons we haven't been back, but we are planning to next December. My stepson is a seafood fanatic and I love crab legs so we are excited to be going back. I do remember that the dessert station was really good as well as the buffet. I hope you enjoy.

We ate there Thanksgiving week and loved it. A good mix of seafood and non seafood items. The crab legs were plentiful and delicious!

Been several times in recent years and think it’s really very good. Seafood is the star and the meat is an option! The seafood buffet at the swan is also very good!

We aren't big on buffets but we do like Cape May. Other than Boma, which is a favourite of ours, this is the only we have been multiple times.

Only really bad thing about Cape May Café is the odor. It smells very fishy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts