Cape May Cafe Review

NatalieCat

Earning My Ears
I would love to hear some reviews of this restaurant, specifically the character breakfast from some of you more seasoned Dis-goers. I have never been here, and have found zero reviews online (positive or negative)

I would love to hear some reviews of this restaurant, specifically the character breakfast from some of you more seasoned Dis-goers. I have never been here, and have found zero reviews online (positive or negative)

I have had the same thought! I absolutely love it (for dinner), and it is up twice for our next trip!

However most reviews I see are pretty negative (Disney dining reviews seem to lean overwhelmingly negative), but can be bad for this restaurant.

I agree, in that I would love an expert opinion!

S
I have had the same thought! I absolutely love it (for dinner), and it is up twice for our next trip!

However most reviews I see are pretty negative (Disney dining reviews seem to lean overwhelmingly negative), but can be bad for this restaurant.

I agree, in that I would love an expert opinion!

Is the dinner predominately seafood?

S

Is the dinner predominately seafood?

I would technically say yes, however they usually have at least one kind rib and/or steak option, along with a lot of different sides and salads. My sister does not eat sea food and consistently loves it.

It's been 6 years since I've been to WDW, so my thoughts are a little outdated, but I've done breakfast and dinner at Cape May several times each, and always had good experiences. I found both to be usually less frenetic than say Chef Mickey's, or somewhere more "popular and mainstream". I also liked that at breakfast, the characters wore "beach gear" vs. some other more typical sort of costumes, so it was different, and cute. Dinner was not character when I went, and i think it is still currently not.

As @Spencer Wright said - yes - it's technically known as a "clam bake" and does have a lot of what is supposedly good seafood (friends of mine used to LOVE getting the silver metal buckets full of I think crab claws, but I don't think they do that anymore), but I only eat peel & eat shrimp or fried shrimp, so I can't personally comment on much of the seafood. I will say though - even though I LOVE my food - I found MORE than enough to eat here. Can't remember specifics, but I think I remember ribs, fried chicken, pasta, and PLENTY of sides/salads, etc. As well as tons of delicious desserts.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be disappointed by a meal here, @NatalieCat . I was almost sure the DIS did a review - of breakfast - here within the last couple years but a quick search I did on YouTube did not come up with it, sorry. I also think I remember Pete saying he was pleasantly surprised (and maybe even Corey?). Hope I'm not so far gone, I'm making it all up in my head. :jester:

Last edited:
Been many times. Last time was on our NYE trip this year. It is hit or miss. Last time was a miss. It seems like every other visit is a miss. Tiny dry old looking crab legs and food not being put out quick and fresh so old dried out slivers of food in each bin. And server doesn't bring drink refills. That kind of thing. But then the other times it's good and fresh and really hits the spot.

Edit...only been for dinners.

Last edited:
We enjoyed the character breakfast . As mentioned above, much more relaxed and quieter than others, and a pretty setting. Good character interaction with Minnie, Donald, and Goofy in beach gear. (I believe I read on here that they just added Daisy as well). Nice to walk right into Epcot afterwards. We were there during Christmas season and got to see the chocolate carosuel in the lobby.

Have not done dinner, but friends did it last year, and are going back again this year. They loved all the seafood, and thought it was a good value for their dining credit.

We were just at the Caper May Cafe character breakfast this past week. I thought as others have said it's more relaxed than some of the others. It didn't seem rushed and the food was good. We saw Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Daisy. Well.worth it!

We stopped going because of the greed over the crab claws, it was like a mad rush every time they refilled, and people would take them all and not leave anything for the people behind them. If not on the Dining Plan, it's close to $300 for a family of four with older kids, and I don't think that's worth it. They usually have some sort of chicken, ribs, and a carved meat.

It's been a favorite since it's opened, especially breakfast at 10 am. It is not usually crowded, so bright and cheery in the morning, and the characters are always great. Back in the 90's we could get a lobster freshly prepared by the chef as part of the dinner buffet (they used to have them there in tanks). Now that was awesome!

We stopped going because of the greed over the crab claws, it was like a mad rush every time they refilled, and people would take them all and not leave anything for the people behind them. If not on the Dining Plan, it's close to $300 for a family of four with older kids, and I don't think that's worth it. They usually have some sort of chicken, ribs, and a carved meat.

It's been a favorite since it's opened, especially breakfast at 10 am. It is not usually crowded, so bright and cheery in the morning, and the characters are always great. Back in the 90's we could get a lobster freshly prepared by the chef as part of the dinner buffet (they used to have them there in tanks). Now that was awesome!
They stopped the ribs a few years back. I miss those.

We had the character breakfast here on about the 3rd or 4th morning of our last trip. Loved it so much we booked again for a few days later (it was a 10 day trip).

We also ate at chef mickeys and at Donald’s character breakfast in AK during our trip, along with BOG for breakfast, and this was the best of the four venues for breakfast for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter