Cape May or Trattoria?

lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
Staying at YC, needing a restaurant close to resort one night- read several mixed reviews on Cape May...for dinner for 5 adults is there a strong favorite? We are on dining plan..could go to Epcot, if there’s one there that blows these out of the water..please share.

Personally i would go with trattoria because a) i love italian food b) i prefer menu-based restaurants (a la carte) rather than buffets, and btw c) trattoria does have seafood on the menu.

If youre thinking of epcot, there's a lot of great restaurant choices there. Via Napoli, Chefs de France, Tutto Italia, Teppan Edo. All great! Also, Biergarten is an interesting experience (its a buffet). But its so much fun.

I have eaten at both. Cape May is a character buffet dinner. The food is fine, but since I no longer travel with a child and have no interest in visiting with characters while eating, the chaos of a character meal doesn’t appeal to me. Of the two, I would choose Trattoria al Forno. I have had good food and excellent service there. If I went to Epcot, I would choose Rose & Crown.

I like Trattoria when we stayed at BW. Had it once in the restaurant and then again as room service. Rose and Crown was OK, not sure if I'd go back to it again though. The cast was amazing in both places. Cape May we've only done as breakfast and it's our favorite but I suspect you'll get a better meal on the boardwalk for dinner.

I have eaten at both. Cape May is a character buffet dinner. The food is fine, but since I no longer travel with a child and have no interest in visiting with characters while eating, the chaos of a character meal doesn’t appeal to me. Of the two, I would choose Trattoria al Forno. I have had good food and excellent service there. If I went to Epcot, I would choose Rose & Crown.
Cape May Dinner is not a Character Meal.

Kae

Staying at YC, needing a restaurant close to resort one night- read several mixed reviews on Cape May...for dinner for 5 adults is there a strong favorite? We are on dining plan..could go to Epcot, if there’s one there that blows these out of the water..please share.
You can read several mixed reviews on both restaurants so were it me and these were my choices I'd decide which cuisine, type of service (a la carte vs buffet) or atmosphere I preferred.

I've eaten trattoria for breakfast and Cape may for dinner. I like Italian food but not so much that I'd eat it instead of cape may for dinner.

Yachtsman our favorite and worth two credits. It's head and shoulders above Cape May or Trattoria, imo. If you want a one credit place, Chefs de France (5 minute walk from BC) is fantastic, as is Spice Road Table (a few minutes further), assuming everyone has park tickets. Between Cape May and Trattoria I'd choose Cape May.

Yachtsman our favorite and worth two credits. It's head and shoulders above Cape May or Trattoria, imo. If you want a one credit place, Chefs de France (5 minute walk from BC) is fantastic, as is Spice Road Table (a few minutes further), assuming everyone has park tickets. Between Cape May and Trattoria I'd choose Cape May.

We’ve been to YS twice and loved it, but our goal this trip is to try as many new restaurants we’ve never hit before. I know we haven’t tried Chefs de France but I think we didn’t like the menu- I’m sure it’s changed since then...Cape May used to be a top one on our list- but we never made it over in our last trips- figured we need to do one of these two since we likely won’t be back for awhile.

Just to clarify again...cape may has characters only at breakfast. Not dinner.

You can read several mixed reviews on both restaurants so were it me and these were my choices I'd decide which cuisine, type of service (a la carte vs buffet) or atmosphere I preferred.
I agree with this 100%! You should choose based on which type of cuisine, service and atmosphere you want.
Seafood buffet VS a-la-carte Italian/seafood. Tough call.
You will get different responses. Some people like italian but not seafood, and vice versa. Some people prefer a la carte and hate buffets etc.

Last edited:
My family had the seafood buffet at Cape May this past Sunday for the first time. It was one of the favorite meals of pretty much everyone in the group. The food was fresh and great tasting. I've never had Trattoria so I can't compare directly, but at Cape May, ALL THE OREO BON BONS! :)

I would go with Cape May as it's buffet and there is something for everyone. I feel like Italian food (Trattoria) is never all that appealing to me on vacation as we can get really good Italian food where we live and it's something we eat all the time. Cape May also has crab legs and good seafood offerings if your party is into seafood. No characters at dinner time so no worries there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter