Cape May or Whispering Canyon?

Mickeyhugger

DIS Veteran
Okay. I was glad to book PS for breakfast at Whispering Canyon. It looked great (the boisterous crowd) on the Travel Channel.

However, I'm reading all of these threads about the wonderful Character breakfast at Cape May. MY DH and DD are not big breakfast people, but I sure am when it's Disney meals! Anyway, we'll be there November 8-15 (not even sure if Cape May is still available.) I've already booked Crystal Palace for the a.m. we're at MK (love their breakfast too!) If I book Cape May, I'll have to cancel Whispering Canyon, as we're only having one 'rest' day while we're there.

Opinions? Which of these two (WC or CM) would you keep? Disney has so many wonderful places.

Oh, we also have Chef Mickey's our last night, so there won't be a shortage of Character meals, opinions on food are appreciated too! :D

Love both the Whispering Canyon and Cape May Cafe's but since you say that your DD and DH aren't very big breakfast people, WC is probably the better choice. Cape May is an all you can eat buffett -- wonderful btw, but set price per person and you may not get your money's worth for DD and DH whereas at WC it is a menu you can pick and choose from and may not spend nearly as much $$ if they end up eating less.

The other reason I think I'd opt for Whispering Canyon instead is that you have quite a few buffetts already booked and they are pretty much all comparible. The characters at Cape may are Goofey,Minnie Mouse, Chip & Dale -- Since you'll be visiting Chef Mickey's, they will all be there so it's not like you won't get to see these particular characters;) And Whispering Canyon is completely different from characters visiting (which is all it is at Cape May), it's Games for the kids -- pony express races and fun entertainment. Just very different atmosphere. Try it! you won't regret it!;)

The food is much better at Whispering canyon...I would keep my ps there. Cape may, while it has the characters, and they are cute...you can see them anywhere, and the food is nothing to crow about.

Whispering Canyon is a must for breakfast!

Cape May is a must for dinner (not breakfast).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter