captiva holidays

poet123

Mouseketeer
When I asked where to stay for our gulf coast week CAPTIVA came up time and time again so I am looking at booking there. Are the restaurants expensive and does anyone have any links for the menus?:wave: :wave: :wave:

Sorry, I don't have any links. The restaurants are fairly expensive, but there are some good ones. You can pick up coupons and menus at the Chamber of Commerce as you come on to Sanibel. There are $2.00 off lunch and $4.00 off dinner for Chadwicks at the entrance to South Seas on Captiva. There lunch buffet is regularly $12.95 but is very good.

One of my favorites is Key Lime Bistro. There is RC Otters which is good and also reasonable.

Try Mucky Duck for a good dinner and a sunset. If you don't get a window seat and ask for one, they will roll a window on wheels to your table.

Bubble Room is the well known restaurant on the island. It's interesting but I don't care for it.

We've been going to Sanibel/Captiva for over 30 years and I love it.

HEy Jbthi, you fellow Hautian!
MY family has been going to Sanibel for years. Our favorite places on Captiva are:
RC Otters- great menu, good one man band that does a lot of Buffet music.
Bubble Room-huge menu, super desserts and lots of weird wacky stuff inside to entertain the kids
Mucky's- this is a must do at sunset. The problem is everyone wants to do this. I believe the restuarant opens around 4 and people are usually lied up then. They have a great outdoor patio with some musical entertainment and a little bar set-up. IT is hard to get a seat at these tables even. But it is right on the beach and is fabulous view!
The parking around these restuarants is horrible. That is half the battle.
There are lots of good places to eat on Sanibel as well.
The Lazy Fllamingo, Gilligan's, etc.

Hey Hautean,
Sent you an e-mail.

BTW, Gilligans is gone. I think that's where the Island Cow is now. It's very good and popular with the locals.

RC Otters is right across the street from Key Lime Bistro and was bought by them last Dec. Stayed pretty much the same though.

June

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter