car hire

MickeyMcMouse

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Hi guys,

Found this site ,floridacarhire and wonder if anyones used them before. Looks like they use Dollar at Orlando airport but seems a lot cheaper.www.floridacarhire.com

I haven't used any individual car hire companies as we usually get a fly drive, so I'm afraid I can't help you there.

You might get more replies if you also posted this on our Trip Planning Board.

JanE

We have used several companies, but this time we have a blinding deal at www.skycars.com but we have also used www.autoabroad.com both say they are the cheapest, and if I am honest I work out what I am prepared to pay and tell them I have had a quote on this and see who will match it or better it.

This time we have a 4x4 for almost 4 weeks all in including three drivers and a tank of fuel in L.A for 835 pounds sterling, I don't make that bad at all this was with skycars, we never have anything smaller than a full size, last time we had a luxuary which was cool, just learn to play the system the more you so the better the deal.

Greetings to all in the U.K. Saw this new board and thought I would check in out. Mickey, we have a reservation for June 9 through June 16 with Dollar at Orlando International Airport. When I compare this rate with the Car Hire rate I find the following. The base rate for Dollar is $219.00 and $245.00 with all charges. The same reservation through car hire is 179 pounds. I do not know what the exchange rate is so you would have to tell me if it is comparable. Hope this helps a little

Hi Bob

£179 is about $247.02 so not alot of difference.

Does your booking direct with Dollar include " Unlimited mileage, Minimum State Liability Insurance, Loss damage Waiver (LDW), Supplementary Liability Insurance up to $1 million cover (SLI), Uninsured motorist protection up to $1 million cover (UMP), All Local Taxes, Airport Imposed Fees and Environmental charges."

When booking a fly drive with a dollar car you will get "free car hire" but have to pay approx £26 per day for insurance which covers you to the above level, this works out @ £189 per week. (So much for your "free car"):confused: (and thats without upgrading)

The whole insurance issue is very confusing .....

Does that make any sense;) :confused:

David

Via auto's abroad after alittle batering, I got a full size car all in including three drivers and a tank of fuel for 159 pounds and that was via dollar, although we are usually put with budget. Your best option is to actually phone the two sites I recommended and know how much you want to pay, as long as you tell them you have already had a cheaper quote they will go out of there way to better it. Just be sure it includes everything and obviously think of a realistic price. We had a car on and off for six weeks last Sept we done a couple of cruises so I think it worked out three weeks cire hire this year were off to California and have a 4x4. All you have to do is be confident.

Good luck and happy driving!!!!!

Mickey,

The $245.00 price does not include insurance of any kind but does include all other charges. We do not take any of the insurance coverage due to the fact that we use a credit card for the rental which offers free coverage when renting a car. We belong to Dollar's Fastlane program. Although we do not usually receive a lower rate for being members of this program we have been upgraded several times. Hope you have a great trip. Only 13 weeks for us.

OKW 6/02
Western Magic 2/03

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter