Car or Bus?

Livin4DisneyTime

I can't do it Captain, Im no miracle worker!
As i was reading the posts about how far the enterance is from the TTC I was wondering if a car is better or to take the Dis system? My DH is in a wheelchair but transfers whenever needed. We are renting a car because in June waiting for a bus is sometimes a PIA and we are doing some hopping. Also feel better about having one for DS medical issues if neccesary. Should we use the Dis system when possible?

What we tende to do when we stayed on property was to drive to the parks except MK. For MK, if not at a monorail resort, we would use the bus unless we were going someplace afterwards where we needed a car.

Is the handicapped lot as close to the monorail or boat as the buses? We have not had a handicapped placard before. We will this year but some posts sounded like it is just better to take the trams. Our wheelchair is compact unless we get a hotel one. they fold up but not as small.

At Epcot and AK the handicap parkings is about the same distance as the bus parking. At DHS the bus parking surrounds the handicap lot.

However, for MK the bus parking is actually at MK, about the same distance as the ferry, but cars have to park at the TTC and then take either the ferry or monorail to MK.

Magic Kingdom is the farthest trip. Park in disabled and you have to walk under a bridge and around to the front area. You can use drop off which requires walking to the front area. Nondisabled guests hike to the tram then get off in the front area.

From the tram unloading area aka front area, whatever, you have two choice. The easiest way is to walk to the ferry and then take a ferry ride across the lake. The ferry can take many disabled guests. The other option is to climb mount monorail which has a very very very steep incline. Wait for the monorail then ride to the park entrance. Monorails are limited to a few wheelchairs and ECVs per monorail so on a very busy day you may have to wait for a second monorail.

I loved the ferry ride and not having to hike up to the top of the monorail. Next time I would take an ECV or ride busses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter