• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

car rental drop off questions

MickeyMagic

DIS Veteran
We will be renting a car to get from the airport to DL. We are planning to drop the car off in the a.m. and head to DL. So, after dropping the car, I think we will need to walk unless the rental agency will provide a shuttle to DL.

I have two reservations and need to decide on one (unless of course, someone has a better option):

1. Avis -- drop off at the Park Vue Hotel - 1570 South Harbor Blvd

2. National -- drop off at 711 West Katella

Anyone know how far from DL these are and if they are truly within walking distance? Or do you know if either agency will shuttle us to DL after we drop off the car?

Thanks!!

Park Vue is within walking distance. It's across the street. Don't know about the other. If you look on the threads stickied at the top of this forum, one of them has an aerial map of the area and you can see where Park Vue is. No need for a shuttle, just walk across the street.

They are both within walking distance, but as the other poster noted, the Park Vue is literally across the street from the entrance plaza.

The other one would be down the street and around the corner... probably equivalent to 1/4-1/2 mile.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Just to add a tidbit for others who might have different rental agency-
Last week we returned our rental car to Budget rental on Harbor, and were on our way to Howard Johnsons (right across the street from the parks)
We could have walked the distance----but the manager offered to give us a ride, and it was so very nice and appreciated~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter