Car rental locations for WDW...

...anxiously awaiting a reply....
I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you looking to just make a rental reservation? If so, go to the Alamo, or National website, plug in your info, and you're done. I find that Alamo is usually cheaper than National. And you can rent from the Dolphin as well. Check both to see which is cheaper.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you looking to just make a rental reservation? If so, go to the Alamo, or National website, plug in your info, and you're done. I find that Alamo is usually cheaper than National. And you can rent from the Dolphin as well. Check both to see which is cheaper.
:thumbsup2 FYI - actually, I called the Car Care Center and the phone menu directed me to Alamo, where I got a pretty good deal [$38.20 w/taxes and fees for one day]

Last edited:

:thumbsup2 FYI - actually, I called the Car Care Center and the phone menu directed me to Alamo, where I got a pretty good deal [$38.20 w/taxes and fees for one day]
Follow-up:

The Alamo people were so nice! I called from ASSp and they arrived within 12 minutes at the front door. My vehicle was already available to me and I got a free upgrade. Same thing for the return - so painless and hassle-free!! I'd definitely recommend them.....

My daughter checks in on the 14th, looks like your son is a bit later....:)
...how's your DD getting along? So far, pretty smooth sailing for my DS. He is at Chatham and his apartment houses 8 guys - two to a room....I really hated leaving that 75 degree weather...:sad:

Looking a long ways out and trying to plan. We are going to be renting a mini-van to go to Kennedy one day of our Disney trip. Planning on picking up the rental from the CCC early morning. The return is what I'm not sure about, should I drop off after hours and find another way back to POP or pay for one night of parking, return early the next morning and get the shuttle? What is the cost for one night of parking at POP? Any easy way to get from the CCC to POP?

Looking a long ways out and trying to plan. We are going to be renting a mini-van to go to Kennedy one day of our Disney trip. Planning on picking up the rental from the CCC early morning. The return is what I'm not sure about, should I drop off after hours and find another way back to POP or pay for one night of parking, return early the next morning and get the shuttle? What is the cost for one night of parking at POP?
....I had the Alamo rental overnight and didn't have to pay for parking at ASSp...let them know at the front desk and they will print out a pass for you to put on the dashboard.

let them know at the front desk and they will print out a pass for you to put on the dashboard.
How long ago was this? I haven't seen them giving out parking passes in a long time.

We are also celebrating birthdays with my in laws after that, no idea when we would start heading back to Orlando from Space Coast. It might be 10 pm before we start driving.

Follow-up:

The Alamo people were so nice! I called from ASSp and they arrived within 12 minutes at the front door. My vehicle was already available to me and I got a free upgrade. Same thing for the return - so painless and hassle-free!! I'd definitely recommend them.....

Did you have to call and arrange a time when you were dropping the car off?

Did you have to call and arrange a time when you were dropping the car off?
...I knew ahead of time when I was dropping off the car, so I called about 35 minutes before the 24-hour period [I only booked it for a day].

Does anyone here have a preference for either Alamo or National? I will be renting a car to drive from Nashville TN to WDW, and have never done that before. I’ll just drop it off at the CCC to avoid parking fees as we will use Disney’s transportation once there.

Just wanted to note that I just found out that the Hertz car rental service at the Orlando Amtrak station is closing permanently. So for anyone planning on going that route for their car rental, you might want to double check if it will still be available for your dates. When I checked it was giving a response of "temporarily closed" for earlier dates but "permanently closed" for dates in July 2020.

We are looking to rent a car for 1 day and we have never done this before. Is it better to use CCC or the Dolphin? Is one better then the other for transportation to and from your resort?

I’ve only ever used the CCC and they were phenomenal! I dropped off a car and they gave me a lift back to my resort immediately. Door to door. I would not hesitate to use them.

We are picking up an Alamo rental at MCO and eventually dropping it off at the CCC. Just wondering if there’s a special no pay lane I should use when going through the MK gates, or if I just tell the gate attendant I’m returning a rental to the CCC so they will let me through without charging me the MK parking fee.

Thanks for the help!

We are picking up an Alamo rental at MCO and eventually dropping it off at the CCC. Just wondering if there’s a special no pay lane I should use when going through the MK gates,
There has been a recent change to the roadways approaching the MK. You won't need to go through the parking toll booths to get to the CCC. Instead, follow the signs for the MK area resorts. You'll pass the parking lots on your left and then take a left turn onto Seven Seas Drive at the lights. At the end of that road, take another left and follow that to the Car Care Center. Basically you loop around the parking lot when you do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!