Car rental locations for WDW...

If you drop your car off at the Dolphin (Alamo) before the office is open, is there still a shuttle to bring my husband back to POR? Even if their office is closed?
It may be better to rent from a company that is near DTD so he can catch a bus back. Never been to the Dolphin, is it close to DTD?
I've rented and returned at National/Alamo at the Walt Disney World Disney Dolphin Resort several times. I'm not aware that they offer shuttle service, although, now that I think about, they probably do. But, if it's like typical rental car counters at hotels, the rental car shuttle service is limited to the rental car counter hours of operation.

The National/Alamo hours at the WDW Dolphin are 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

There's WDW Transportation bus service from the WDW Dolphin to MK, DAK, DTD, and the two water parks. There are boats and walkways to Epcot (International Gateway) and DHS.

Instead of trying to get a shuttle back to POR in the morning before the office opens, it might be easier for your husband to return the car in the morning and go directly to whatever park you plan to visit that day (and meet you there), without having to take a shuttle back to POR.

At the WDW Dolphin, you always return your rental car through valet parking, regardless of the whether the counter is open or closed. If you return when the counter is closed, your official return time is the next morning when the counter reopens.

The WDW Dolphin is not at DTD. It's essentially between Epcot (International Gateway) and DHS.

For more information, you can make a phone call:

National Car Rental at Disney Dolphin Resort (ORLR13)
1500 Epcot Resort Blvd
Orlando, FL 32830
(888)826-6890 ext:MAIN
(407)934-4930 ext:LOCAL

Thank you! That makes a lot more sense than him trying to get back to POR. We're going to Epcot that 1st morning, so he can drop it at 8am & then hop the Dolphins bus to Epcot!
Alamo is cheaper than National, by about $10, so I think that's who we'lll go with!
Thanks again! :goodvibes

Thank you! That makes a lot more sense than him trying to get back to POR. We're going to Epcot that 1st morning, so he can drop it at 8am & then hop the Dolphins bus to Epcot! goodvibes

From the Dolphin he will just walk or take the boat to Epcot's International Gateway.

Thank you! That makes a lot more sense than him trying to get back to POR. We're going to Epcot that 1st morning, so he can drop it at 8am & then hop the Dolphins bus to Epcot!
There is no bus from the WDW Dolphin to Epcot. There's a boat to Epcot's International Gateway, but it makes two stops on the way, so it's faster to walk to the International Gateway.

Your bus from POR will go to the front entrance to Epcot. There is no bus service to the International Gateway. So you and your husband will arrive at different entrances.

There is no bus from the WDW Dolphin to Epcot. There's a boat to Epcot's International Gateway, but it makes two stops on the way, so it's faster to walk to the International Gateway.

Your bus from POR will go to the front entrance to Epcot. There is no bus service to the International Gateway. So you and your husband will arrive at different entrances.

That's fine, we're planning on eating at the France QS breakfast that morning, so he can just meet us there!

Hi! Hoping for some help from the Disney World car rental vets! We are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. We would like to rent a car to go over to the coast on Saturday April 27. We will be in Epcot the day before Friday & our resort is considered to be in the Epcot area.

I was wondering what car pick up location is closest to my resort &/or the Epcot park. We may need to drop it off after hours &/or take a park break to go pick it up. I would love to not lose to much time or money doing this! So a spot near Epcot would be ideal with Disney Transport would be ideal.

Because we are needing to get a early start on Saturday I was thinking about getting the car the night before. (This way I could pack it that night & sleep a bit later. Though a early morning pick up might be possible depending on the hours) If I get it the night before I can park it for free park at our resort? Will I need a parking pass or something? Can I get this at check-in, or drop by on my way back from getting the car?

I was thinking about either doing a after hours drop off.. not sure how late we will be out on Saturday or dropping it off Sunday morning before out 10:30am breakfast at the Poly Resort. (again another reason to be close to Epcot / monorail drop off spot.)

ideas? :beach:

Because we are needing to get a early start on Saturday I was thinking about getting the car the night before. (This way I could pack it that night & sleep a bit later.
The various car rental locations on or near WDW property have limited hours of operation. You're likely to find closing times between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. So getting your car the afternoon before is an option, but getting it the night before is not (unless you find a WDW-area car rental location with unusually long hours).

If I get it the night before I can park it for free park at our resort? Will I need a parking pass or something? Can I get this at check-in, or drop by on my way back from getting the car?
When you check in at your resort, ask for a parking pass. Even if you'll only use it for a few hours at your resort, a few hours for free parking at a theme park, or not at all, you might as well get it. It costs nothing and only adds two seconds to your check-in time.

Be sure to read this whole thread carefully. I think it will answer your questions.

Is there a car rental place you get your car at Disney, but return it at the airport?
Any of the major companies that are also at the airport -- including Hertz, National, Alamo, Avis, and Enterprise -- will let you rent on or near Disney property and return at MCO.

Your reservation must identify your pick-up and drop-off location.

You may find the rate to be different than picking up and dropping off at the same place. Some coupon codes will be invalid. And, with some rate codes, your reservation may show a per-mile cost (instead of unlimited free miles) or a drop-off fee.

Then again, you may find the cost to be essentially the same as renting and returning at the same place.

Shop around and try different rate codes and coupon codes.

It's very convenient to use such a one-way rental if you want to do something else for a few days after checking out from Walt Disney World but before flying home.

I've been reading this forum but have not found my answer just yet... :surfweb:

All major car rental companies have locations on or near the Walt Disney World property, with pick-up and drop-off at your WDW resort hotel.

If we have car reservation with Alamo at the Dolphin we set a 8am pick up. We are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Does any one know how early the rental car shuttle will they pick you up?
If they won't pick us up early are there any other ways to get to the Dolphin with out entering the parks or paying for a taxi before 8am?

On the other end what is the closest location or route to catch a bus back to our resort or to Downtown Disney without entering the parks? We will be dropping the car off after hours so there will be no rental car shuttles running. :confused3

I've been reading this forum but have not found my answer just yet... :surfweb:

If we have car reservation with Alamo at the Dolphin we set a 8am pick up. We are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Does any one know how early the rental car shuttle will they pick you up?
If they won't pick us up early are there any other ways to get to the Dolphin with out entering the parks or paying for a taxi before 8am?

On the other end what is the closest location or route to catch a bus back to our resort or to Downtown Disney without entering the parks? We will be dropping the car off after hours so there will be no rental car shuttles running. :confused3

There are no shuttles running to, and from, the Dolphin. As I mentioned in another thread, you can get a ride when you are renting at the Car Care Center. But not from the Dolphin. You can use DHS as a transfer point.

There are no shuttles running to, and from, the Dolphin. As I mentioned in another thread, you can get a ride when you are renting at the Car Care Center. But not from the Dolphin. You can use DHS as a transfer point.

I have gotten mixed information about the transportation to/from the different car rental places on the different threads/forums.
So, I did what I should have done in the first place... I called the Dolphin & Disney Car Care Center directly. :thumbsup2

Per the Dolphin there is no 'Alamo/National Shuttles' the Dolphin Car pick up. I mentioned out concerns about getting to the Dolphin in the morning & equally getting back in the evening if we were at the DCC.
She recommended picking up at the DCC and dropping off with the Dolphin in the evening.
I explained that we tried to reserve that way on line (pick up at one place & drop off at the other) but website nearly doubles the reservation price for this option.
She said yes it does that online but, now that we have reservation we can do this with out any extra charge! I called the DCC to double check.. and they said yes, magically we can now pick up at one and drop at the other without any extra fee!

So, I guess as long as this holds true it is better to reserve for one location on line and make the changes in person and save the money!:woohoo:

I have gotten mixed information about the transportation to/from the different car rental places on the different threads/forums.
So, I did what I should have done in the first place... I called the Dolphin & Disney Car Care Center directly. :thumbsup2

Per the Dolphin there is no 'Alamo/National Shuttles' the Dolphin Car pick up. I mentioned out concerns about getting to the Dolphin in the morning & equally getting back in the evening if we were at the DCC.
She recommended picking up at the DCC and dropping off with the Dolphin in the evening.
I explained that we tried to reserve that way on line (pick up at one place & drop off at the other) but website nearly doubles the reservation price for this option.
She said yes it does that online but, now that we have reservation we can do this with out any extra charge! I called the DCC to double check.. and they said yes, magically we can now pick up at one and drop at the other without any extra fee!

So, I guess as long as this holds true it is better to reserve for one location on line and make the changes in person and save the money!:woohoo:

Thank you! This is very helpful info!

Have a WONDERFUL Anniversary & Birthday celebration.....see, the Magic is starting already!
pixiedust:

what about those of us who are riding the train? is there anyone who can tell me what car rentals may be near the train station in orlando? or kissimmee? love to hear some ideas. if there is a rental car location near the train station, we won't have to take a taxi to some random place nearby without knowing which one is closest....thanks!

I've rented and returned at National/Alamo at the Walt Disney World Disney Dolphin Resort several times.

The National/Alamo hours at the WDW Dolphin are 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

At the WDW Dolphin, you always return your rental car through valet parking, regardless of the whether the counter is open or closed. If you return when the counter is closed, your official return time is the next morning when the counter reopens.

For more information, you can make a phone call:

National Car Rental at Disney Dolphin Resort (ORLR13)
1500 Epcot Resort Blvd
Orlando, FL 32830
(888)826-6890 ext:MAIN
(407)934-4930 ext:LOCAL

Hey HH!

Thank you for all the great information! Seriously, this thread and YOU, HH, are a lifesaver! My family is meeting at WDW for a family gathering vacation in December, and I was a bit concerned about trying to meet at the airport to a) rent a car and b) have multiple drivers on the rental agreement. However, after reading this thread, I find that there is a National Car Rental location at the Dolphin, right next store to our resort, the Beach Club Villas! How convenient! We can all take the Disney Magical Express in from MCO, then the following day, we can walk over to the Dolphin and rent a car!

I have one question, though, that someone here may be able to answer. If not, I will happily call National with the (407) 934-4930 number Horace Horsecollar provided. Do you know if National has an 'Emerald Aisle' at the Dolphin resort? The advantage to renting from National at the airport and enrolling in their 'Emerald Club' (it is free to join): one can reserve a compact car and then choose ANY available car on the Emerald aisle and pay the compact price! I frequently reserve a compact car, then, if my traveling party is more than five adults, I will drive off with an SUV and only pay the compact price, which can be a substantial savings!

So, I was wondering, is the National rental location at the Dolphin large enough to choose one's car, or do they only have the reservation car available? Does anyone know?

Thanks again for all the info!

I have one question, though, that someone here may be able to answer. If not, I will happily call National with the (407) 934-4930 number Horace Horsecollar provided. Do you know if National has an 'Emerald Aisle' at the Dolphin resort?

I don't have any first-hand experience there but I really doubt they have Emerald Aisle at the Dolphin. Its really just a minimalist car rental desk, not a full-fledged facility.

Hey HH!

Thank you for all the great information! Seriously, this thread and YOU, HH, are a lifesaver! My family is meeting at WDW for a family gathering vacation in December, and I was a bit concerned about trying to meet at the airport to a) rent a car and b) have multiple drivers on the rental agreement. However, after reading this thread, I find that there is a National Car Rental location at the Dolphin, right next store to our resort, the Beach Club Villas! How convenient! We can all take the Disney Magical Express in from MCO, then the following day, we can walk over to the Dolphin and rent a car!

I have one question, though, that someone here may be able to answer. If not, I will happily call National with the (407) 934-4930 number Horace Horsecollar provided. Do you know if National has an 'Emerald Aisle' at the Dolphin resort? The advantage to renting from National at the airport and enrolling in their 'Emerald Club' (it is free to join): one can reserve a compact car and then choose ANY available car on the Emerald aisle and pay the compact price! I frequently reserve a compact car, then, if my traveling party is more than five adults, I will drive off with an SUV and only pay the compact price, which can be a substantial savings!

So, I was wondering, is the National rental location at the Dolphin large enough to choose one's car, or do they only have the reservation car available? Does anyone know?

Thanks again for all the info!

They assign a car for you at the Dolphin, no Emerald Aisle or choosing from inventory. Sorry.

Anyone know if Enterprise at Royal Plaza has a drop box? We were thinking of dropping off the car sometime at night having dinner at DTD and taking the bus back to our disney resort. Is Royal Plaza far from the DTD buses?

Thought it would be more feasible than returning it the following morning, if we were to drop it off the next morning, would they give my husband a ride to epcot or do they only take you back to your resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts