Car rental locations for WDW...

So glad I was referred to ths stickie. Trying to decide if its more feasible to rent a car for one day. DD wants to got to the Florida Mall for a morning of shopping. Would it be better to rent a car and drive ourselves, or take a tai from Pop Century. I'm not sure how fas the mall is or how much a cab will cost? Thoughts?

So glad I was referred to ths stickie. Trying to decide if its more feasible to rent a car for one day. DD wants to got to the Florida Mall for a morning of shopping. Would it be better to rent a car and drive ourselves, or take a tai from Pop Century. I'm not sure how fas the mall is or how much a cab will cost? Thoughts?

Renting a car is probably cheaper. I'm guessing a cab for the Florida Mall would be ~$40 each way.

We got a good rate on a mini van with Amarican Rental Car.

They will even pick me up from my Disney Hotel and then take me back to get the van. Then we will drop it off at MCO a week later for only an additional 20 bucks.

Worked out well cause we will not need a car for the first half of our vacation.

We got a Budget full size SUV for one week for $275 total. We need room for 6 and mini vans were about 100 more.

At a Budget Rental location 4.3 miles from POP Century. About a 20 dollar cab ride.

Not too bad for that size

Thanks for referring me to this thread HH. I've read through it and now think that maybe the Dolphin is the best place for us to rent from for our one night rental for SeaWorld.

I do still have a couple of questions though.

Am I understanding that if we were to return the car at the Dolphin at say 7:30 am, we can literally walk to DHS? That's our park for the day, so that would be awesome! How far is it, or how long will it take to walk there?

And on the other end, to get the car the day before we will need to take a bus from our resort to DHS and walk over to get the car right? We are staying at POP if that makes any difference.

If this is a small counter, and we HAVE to have a minivan (7 people) then is there a chance there won't be one there even if we've reserved one?

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for referring me to this thread HH. I've read through it and now think that maybe the Dolphin is the best place for us to rent from for our one night rental for SeaWorld.

Am I understanding that if we were to return the car at the Dolphin at say 7:30 am, we can literally walk to DHS? That's our park for the day, so that would be awesome! How far is it, or how long will it take to walk there?

And on the other end, to get the car the day before we will need to take a bus from our resort to DHS and walk over to get the car right? We are staying at POP if that makes any difference.

If this is a small counter, and we HAVE to have a minivan (7 people) then is there a chance there won't be one there even if we've reserved one?

Thanks for the help!

I have found this site very helpful on how to get to places and how long it takes.

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx#.UOB_WMVICzo

They have a transportation wizard that is cool:teacher:

Thanks for the help!
You can either walk or take the boat from the S/D to DHS. The walk takes under 20 mins, depending on pace...I do it in 15. The boat takes about 10 mins..not including any wait times. To walk it...just leave the Dolphin, go up and over the bridge that is just past the boat dock. At the BW entrance, go right and you will see a sidewalk with signage to DHS..it runs behind BW and along the canal. Very pleasant walk.
You could rent a cab from Pop to the Dolphin...should be under $15, I paid $10 (including tip) from YC to Pop a few years ago.
As far as what type vehicle will be there...if you rented a van, or similar vehicle, then it should be there. I have actually rented a sedan and when I got to the counter at the Dolphin, have been offered a minivan for the same price since no one wanted one!!!

I have found this site very helpful on how to get to places and how long it takes.

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx#.UOB_WMVICzo

They have a transportation wizard that is cool:teacher:
while this site gives you an 'idea' of how to get from point A to point B, it isn't always correct. Some of us go to that site every so often to check it out. It doesn't always give the best route..or sometimes it just gives plain old wrong info. That's why you won't see many of us recommending it.

You can either walk or take the boat from the S/D to DHS. The walk takes under 20 mins, depending on pace...I do it in 15. The boat takes about 10 mins..not including any wait times. To walk it...just leave the Dolphin, go up and over the bridge that is just past the boat dock. At the BW entrance, go right and you will see a sidewalk with signage to DHS..it runs behind BW and along the canal. Very pleasant walk.
You could rent a cab from Pop to the Dolphin...should be under $15, I paid $10 (including tip) from YC to Pop a few years ago.
As far as what type vehicle will be there...if you rented a van, or similar vehicle, then it should be there. I have actually rented a sedan and when I got to the counter at the Dolphin, have been offered a minivan for the same price since no one wanted one!!!

while this site gives you an 'idea' of how to get from point A to point B, it isn't always correct. Some of us go to that site every so often to check it out. It doesn't always give the best route..or sometimes it just gives plain old wrong info. That's why you won't see many of us recommending it.

Our party has 7 people in it, we won't all fit in a cab. Hmmm.

Thinking we will go (my family of 3) and get the car via cab, then head to AoA to get my SIL and her family, then on to SW. That will work.

Then the next morning we'll all drop off the van and ride the boat to DHS.

Thanks all, this will work!

Hello

wondering if I could get some thoughts/suggestions:

Flying in on a Friday to MCO (Orlando Airport) want to get a rental car to take the kids to the ocean. We are then going to say in a hotel outside of Seaworld Friday night. Go to seaworld saturday and check into POP century Saturday Night.

So thats:
Fly in friday
rent car friday (from airport)
check into WDW saturday night (after hours for most rental car places)

suggestions on where to drop the car off since its after hours...

Downtown Disney area (at one of the rental places/hotels) and ride the bus back saturday night (family can visity DTD then)
or the car center and have them take me back to my hotel (they do this right?)

thoughts on the easiest way?

thanks

Hello

wondering if I could get some thoughts/suggestions:

Flying in on a Friday to MCO (Orlando Airport) want to get a rental car to take the kids to the ocean. We are then going to say in a hotel outside of Seaworld Friday night. Go to seaworld saturday and check into POP century Saturday Night.

So thats:
Fly in friday
rent car friday (from airport)
check into WDW saturday night (after hours for most rental car places)

suggestions on where to drop the car off since its after hours...

Downtown Disney area (at one of the rental places/hotels) and ride the bus back saturday night (family can visity DTD then)
or the car center and have them take me back to my hotel (they do this right?)

thoughts on the easiest way?

thanks
You actually have a few options.
1. rent a car at MCO and hit the beach, and then go to SW. Return the car at MCO on Saturday evening and take DME to Pop.
2. Rent a car at MCO, using either Alamo or National, head to the beach and SW. On Saturday evening, go to Pop, drop everyone off there, you drive to the Dolphin (about a 5 min ride), and return the car there. Their counter closes at 4pm, but you can return the car to the valet people. Then, take a cab back to Pop...about $10.
3. All of the above, but renting from some other car rental company that has counters in DTD...Budget, for instance, is at the Doubletree Guest Suites. Return the car there on Sat night, and walk over to DTD and get a bus to Pop.

Our party has 7 people in it, we won't all fit in a cab. Hmmm.

Thinking we will go (my family of 3) and get the car via cab, then head to AoA to get my SIL and her family, then on to SW. That will work.

Then the next morning we'll all drop off the van and ride the boat to DHS.

Thanks all, this will work!

Question: I live in rural Maine, and we do not EVER use a cab here. What do you tip a cabdriver for a ride from POP to the Dolphin?

So taking a bus in the am from POP to DHS and then either the boat or walking to the Dolphin isn't a good idea then? We really should take a cab? How early do the resort buses start running at POP?

Anyone? Wondering how much to tip a taxi driver for the trip from POP to the Dolphin :) Thank you!
Fare will be around $10...tip maybe $2-3.

So taking a bus in the am from POP to DHS and then either the boat or walking to the Dolphin isn't a good idea then? We really should take a cab? How early do the resort buses start running at POP?

The buses start running, from resorts to parks, by 6:30am every day. Here's the issue....you could face a wait of up to 20 or so mins for the bus to come, then the ride to DHS..about 5-8 mins. Off the bus, and walk or boat to the Dolphin. the boats start running about an hour prior to park opening. And if they are up and running, you could wait for a bit before the next boat comes. Then, it's about 15 mins or so to the Dolphin once you are on the boat.
If you walk, the walk takes about 18 mins....less if you're a faster walker. I do it in about 15.
A cab will take under 10 mins total. Seems worth it for that $15 or less!

Fare will be around $10...tip maybe $2-3.

The buses start running, from resorts to parks, by 6:30am every day. Here's the issue....you could face a wait of up to 20 or so mins for the bus to come, then the ride to DHS..about 5-8 mins. Off the bus, and walk or boat to the Dolphin. the boats start running about an hour prior to park opening. And if they are up and running, you could wait for a bit before the next boat comes. Then, it's about 15 mins or so to the Dolphin once you are on the boat.
If you walk, the walk takes about 18 mins....less if you're a faster walker. I do it in about 15.
A cab will take under 10 mins total. Seems worth it for that $15 or less!

You are so right, a cab it is. Thank you very much for the info!

we rented a car from American Car Rental. Got a Toyota Sienna mini van for a week for 272. They picked me up from Pop and took me to thier location as part of the deal. Then I returned the van at the Airport.

The van was very clean and had just a few thousand miles on it.

I would rent from them again.

Hello,

We have used a taxi to go outlet shopping! Yippee!!!! Ok back on track,:lmao:

Would someone be able to point me in the direction of a rental car? My DD (20) uses a wheelchair so we would need a small wagon or a full trunk. It cost us about $35 . each way last year. This year DH would like to stop at a restaurant he remembered seeing. DH suggested 2 taxi trips. I said we should look at a 24 or 48 hour rental.

Any tips or advice would be awesome!!!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter