Car rental post cruise Vancouver

Lawdawg

Mouseketeer
We might end up doing some sight seeing for a day and fly out the next day after our Alaska cruise. Are there car rental agencies at the port? Or do they have shuttles to pick you up if you have pre arranged to rent from them, or do you just take a cab somewhere where the rental car companies are located? Thanks.

We might end up doing some sight seeing for a day and fly out the next day after our Alaska cruise. Are there car rental agencies at the port? Or do they have shuttles to pick you up if you have pre arranged to rent from them, or do you just take a cab somewhere where the rental car companies are located? Thanks.

Yes, i don't remember for sure, but I think it's a Budget. We had a car booked to drive back to Seattle after the cruise, we decided the morning we got off the ship to just take a Quickshuttle bus instead of the car.

We rented with Alamo in Vancouver at the port and it was super easy. If I remember correctly they had National and Avis as well as Budget. I think there a couple others too.

there is virtually every rental agency near Canada Place (cruise terminal). Many of them will allow you to rent from there and return to YVR. Just google car rental near Canada Place, and you may well come up with cheaper options than Hertz, Alamo, Dollar and Enterprise. Realize though that traffic in the central Vancouver area can be brutal and parking hard to come by. If you are looking to see Capilano, Whistler, Stanley Park, Kitsilano, Grouse Mountain, etc, a car will be key.

there is virtually every rental agency near Canada Place (cruise terminal). Many of them will allow you to rent from there and return to YVR. Just google car rental near Canada Place, and you may well come up with cheaper options than Hertz, Alamo, Dollar and Enterprise. Realize though that traffic in the central Vancouver area can be brutal and parking hard to come by. If you are looking to see Capilano, Whistler, Stanley Park, Kitsilano, Grouse Mountain, etc, a car will be key.

Thank you. I have seen rental car companies with a listing of Canada Place and did not realize this was the port area. That is good info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!