• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Car rental question...

dis2cruise

Long Island, NY
We will be picking up our car when we land in HNL. The same type of car Alamo is $5.00 more then Enterprise. For $5.00 extra I wouldn’t blink an eye to spend those extra couple of dollars if there was a big difference between these 2 companies...Any reviews good or bad?

Also, how far are they from the airport??

They're the same company. Enterprise, Alamo and National are all owned by the same parent company-I have even rented through Alamo and been directed to pick up a car from the Enterprise lot. Sometimes there are differences in charges for a second driver but this can vary as much by booking partner (always included if booking through Costco, for example) as anything so just review your fine print carefully if you will have a second driver to make sure you know all the details and possible charges.

I think National is the only one at the terminal at HNL, the others all require a shuttle.

We used Alamo during our trip and had a fine experience. Quick, frequent shuttles and little to no line at the counter. Less than 2 minute drop-off process on the way back. We had reserved a mid-size car but they were out, so we were able to choose any full size car. We ended up with a Camaro convertible for the same price!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter