Car rental return mco

kokomos

DIS Veteran
Thinking about renting a car thru Hotwire. Our return flight (frontier) departure is 8:20 AM. Looks like 700 is earliest car rental return. Should I have any trouble making the flight or is there a way for earlier drop off?

Thinking about renting a car thru Hotwire. Our return flight (frontier) departure is 8:20 AM. Looks like 700 is earliest car rental return. Should I have any trouble making the flight or is there a way for earlier drop off?
I think it would depend on who you're renting the car through if there's a way to drop off earlier.

As far as whether 1:20 is enough to drop the car and get to your flight...
1) Do you have to check luggage?
2) Do you have pre-check?
3) Is your travelling party fairly mobile?
4) Is your travelling party comfortable going through TSA?
5) How many is in your travelling party?
6) What time does the flight start boarding (guessing ~7:50)?
7) Do you have assigned seats?

I personally would not be comfortable with 1:20 if I was travelling with my family. Just me with just a carry on? Maybe.

Thank you. Looks like all hours are available. It was just starting at 700 so I assumed that was the earliest.

I have had 7 a.m flight and had no problem returning my car at 5 in the morning. yes trying to return and leaving yourself less then 2 hrs to catch a flight is risky. there have been several posters on here saying security lines were taking up to a hour to get through.

if the return is IN MCO (all the major players are) IME there are folks there to receive you 24x7

IME if there is not an attendant there is a drop box for the keys and they mail (email) the final bill. Have done this many times with NO problems.

I'm local to MCO and ALWAYS try to be IN THE TERMINAL with 2 hours before the flight and this assumes carry on only AND TSA PRE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!