Car rental return

mickeymom22

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of renting a car at SNA and then driving it to our resort, Tropicana Inn & Suites. Is there a car rental agency within walking distance from our resort?

Thanks!

We are thinking of renting a car at SNA and then driving it to our resort, Tropicana Inn & Suites. Is there a car rental agency within walking distance from our resort?

Thanks!

I think the closest will be the Alamo car rental and the drop of us at paradise pier hotel

Be careful....Many times the car rental agencies will charge a very large fee for dropping the car off at a location different from where you picked it up. I just came back from a cruise out of Galveston Texas and we landed in Houston and picked up a rental car. We drove it about 1 hour down to Galveston and parked it for a WEEK and then drove it back 1 hour to turn it in back to Houston airport. That whole week was cheaper than driving the car one way each direction...including parking for a week!. Each company is different and it may not be an issue, but make sure you check.

OK...I'll ask...if you are arriving at SNA and just heading to Tropicana...why rent a car? Taxis and Uber/Lyfts are plentiful and a lot less hassle and cheaper than dealing with a rental car and its return for such a sort hop.

You will pay a lot more for a airport rental that is returned to a location in Anaheim. The prices vary wildly so check around with all of the various companies. And be aware that some of the rental companies in Anaheim have limited hours and many do not allow you to drop the car off when they are closed. The Alamo location at Paradise Pier hotel does allow off hours drop off at their parking deck but their rates are often very high unless you rent there and return there. They are still on the high side normally but its convenient to return a car there early in the morning and drop the keys off on the lobby and then walk over to security in downtown Disney.

OK...I'll ask...if you are arriving at SNA and just heading to Tropicana...why rent a car? Taxis and Uber/Lyfts are plentiful and a lot less hassle and cheaper than dealing with a rental car and its return for such a sort hop.

We are debating about hitting a beach before we go to the Tropicana...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter