• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

car seat on plane for CP son

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever had a problem bringing a booster seat on the airplane for their child to use. My 6 yr old son has CP and he sits so uncomfortable in planes because of his low tone. I was thinking of bringhing to bottom part of his car booster seat so he can sit better? We are flying Southwest.

Normally the airlines will allow a seat only if there is an indication on it that it is FAA approved for use on an aircraft.

Our DS also has CP, he uses the seating insert from his wheelchair for postural support on the plane. This has never been a problem, but is one of these things which is at the discretion of the captain on the day.

My understanding is that it's a safety issue. In a crash the seat can kind of "fold down" to absorb some of the impact. The booster seat raises the child up so that they're in a position in which they'd be crushed. Therefore they won't let you use one on a plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter