Car seats and Minnie Vans

gqmom

Earning My Ears
does anyone know where I can find info re the car seats in Minne Vans? I’ll be traveling with 2 children ages 5 and 2. I’ll need 1 RF seat and 1 FF seat or high back booster.

Also, does the driver install the seats? Do we know if they are certified?

Thanks!

When we used one for our infant they installed it for us. She was happy to install one for the infant because it needed to be installed backwards and she said she was trained and hadn't done one yet.

DH has a major car seat hangup (which has expanded to me a bit as well), and we rode the Minnie Vans twice. Drivers take a week long carseat course and both were definitely pros - they sized up my 6 and 3 year olds (6 was petite, 3 is a big boy) and grabbed the seats out of the back and had them installed appropriate for each kiddo in no time. I was impressed that they had me get my kid into the seat but then I could see them very discreetly check that things were done properly (chest clip at shoulder, snug) before hopping into the drivers seat.

Since we won't take Uber or Lyft due to the carseat issue, Minine Vans were a lifesaver and a huge help. We went from BLT to Beach Club in twenty minutes, when before that would have been an hour long bus adventure. The other trip was an emergency crabby toddler evac from DHS and the driver even made toddler happy.

And yes, they are one of those super convertible carseats - ours were forward harness and booster.

We just rode the Minnie Van earlier this month. Yes, they are Graco Forever Seats. We have the same seat in our van so I know how they work. He asked me if I wanted it forward or rear facing. I watched the driver install the seat and he did it correctly and he made sure that it was tight. I placed my 2 year old in the seat and tightened her straps and he was right behind me watching me adjust the strap and chest clip. He didn't walk away until he saw me tighten up the straps after I had adjusted the chest clip. Both of the seats that he had in the back were spotless as far as cleanliness goes. They looked new.

DH has a major car seat hangup (which has expanded to me a bit as well), and we rode the Minnie Vans twice. Drivers take a week long carseat course and both were definitely pros - they sized up my 6 and 3 year olds (6 was petite, 3 is a big boy) and grabbed the seats out of the back and had them installed appropriate for each kiddo in no time. I was impressed that they had me get my kid into the seat but then I could see them very discreetly check that things were done properly (chest clip at shoulder, snug) before hopping into the drivers seat.

Since we won't take Uber or Lyft due to the carseat issue, Minine Vans were a lifesaver and a huge help. We went from BLT to Beach Club in twenty minutes, when before that would have been an hour long bus adventure. The other trip was an emergency crabby toddler evac from DHS and the driver even made toddler happy.

And yes, they are one of those super convertible carseats - ours were forward harness and booster.
I’m probably on par with your DH. So this is music to my ears! Thank you.

We just rode the Minnie Van earlier this month. Yes, they are Graco Forever Seats. We have the same seat in our van so I know how they work. He asked me if I wanted it forward or rear facing. I watched the driver install the seat and he did it correctly and he made sure that it was tight. I placed my 2 year old in the seat and tightened her straps and he was right behind me watching me adjust the strap and chest clip. He didn't walk away until he saw me tighten up the straps after I had adjusted the chest clip. Both of the seats that he had in the back were spotless as far as cleanliness goes. They looked new.
Awesome!!!! I may cancel my rental car. I’m not a Graco user. So I don’t know how to install them. I’m glad they are trained and they pay attention to the belt for since so many do it incorrectly.

We used the minnie van and I can confirm the driver was very professional and did a great (and quick) job correctly installing the seat.

We got a complimentary Minnie van ride last week at okw when an afternoon bus to the Magic kingdom was taking forever and a Minnie van driver happened to be standing by. Our kids are 4 and 18 months, so the driver installed one rear facing Graco and one front facing. He was more than capable, and let me check them before we put the kid in them. Just to save on time, I finished up the instal on the front facing while he did the rear facing.

We felt totally safe and at ease with the driver’s car seat knowledge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!