Car Service suggestions... thoughts or info would be appreciated....

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
DH and I are going next year most likely in November... and we have used car services quite a bit when traveling.... After being stuck on a plane for hours, and hours, with no personal space, crammed in a seat even when you upgrade of course is better, still your stuck in a seat.. and being directed and herded around like cattle, lack of sleep, as well as being completely exhausted and overtired... So we have splurged on a car service to from the airport to the hotel, and back again...
DH hates the thought of being crammed into a bus again, and it is so nice to have someone else help with the bags, and get us to where we need to go, when we have jet lag brain. Seeing that sign with your name on it, is like a relief when your completely wiped out...

In all honesty the thought of tackling the trains, when we are both wiped out, and jet lag is setting in... does not appeal to me or DH at all...

We are going to use trains, uber, and buses while touring...

Anyone have any suggestions for a car service company ?

We are going at the end of June. I just emailed this company: https://hello-tokyo.com/english/ to ask them if they have a flat rate from Haneda to Disneyland. They don't, but in their response, it was mentioned that they can do an airport meeting service - they meet you with your name on a sign - for an extra 3,240 yen above the taxi cost.
We are definitely taking a taxi from Haneda, but we don't need someone greeting us. There should be plenty of taxis waiting right outside the airport that we can grab. I totally get why you want this peace of mind, though.

Very few people go this route since HND to TDR area will be over 150 USD and NRT to TDR area will be over 250 USD. I recommend giving your credit card concierge a call (assuming you have one) to arrange this. You could also search using words like "private car", "chauffer", etc.

We are going at the end of June. I just emailed this company: https://hello-tokyo.com/english/ to ask them if they have a flat rate from Haneda to Disneyland. They don't, but in their response, it was mentioned that they can do an airport meeting service - they meet you with your name on a sign - for an extra 3,240 yen above the taxi cost.
We are definitely taking a taxi from Haneda, but we don't need someone greeting us. There should be plenty of taxis waiting right outside the airport that we can grab. I totally get why you want this peace of mind, though.

Thanks so much.... I jotted this info down in my book...

So it would be just at 30.00 US - for someone to greet you...help with your luggage and get you into a taxi.... while not a great price... - If they were able to help you get your JR passes, seat reservation made for the Shinkansen and Sucia/Passmo cards loaded, it might be totally worth it....

As well we are not heading straight to Disneyland... We will spend the last 4 or 5 nights at TDR... before making the long journey home...

I found out about this bus service.

https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/areas/detail/nrt/tdr/dep
They service both Narita and Haneda. Service sounds similar to what is offered from LAX to Disneyland.

From what I've read and heard taxi cost is very high compared to what we are used to in North America.

Thanks I did jot this down in my book... just in case we can't find what we are looking for... DH is like I really don't want to get on a bus... or train... He really is leaning toward a private car service...

Very few people go this route since HND to TDR area will be over 150 USD and NRT to TDR area will be over 250 USD. I recommend giving your credit card concierge a call (assuming you have one) to arrange this. You could also search using words like "private car", "chauffer", etc.

Thanks for the tip and reminder... I will have to check out the CC concierge options... We will not be going straight to Disneyland... more than likely going to Hilton in Tokyo, near Tokyo station....

Thanks I did jot this down in my book... just in case we can't find what we are looking for... DH is like I really don't want to get on a bus... or train... He really is leaning toward a private car service...
There's a problem with the Bus. Our flight lands at 8:35 pm, and that's assuming no delays. Then we have to go through customs...the Limo bus' last trip from HND is at 7:30. Yes, a taxi is expensive. But, sometimes it's the best option.

There's a problem with the Bus. Our flight lands at 8:35 pm, and that's assuming no delays. Then we have to go through customs...the Limo bus' last trip from HND is at 7:30. Yes, a taxi is expensive. But, sometimes it's the best option.

We were hoping for a miday day, to dinner hour arrival... I have started noticing, that lots of the flights we are looking into have a early evening arrival... so this is another reason that we are going to more than likely go the private car route.... To much can happen when flying, so having a private car, is much easier to deal with as well as one less thing, I'm going to have to worry about... When we went to Paris, Air France went on Strike, and we had a full on mess on our hands... It took me hours and hours to get it straighten out... it was one email to the car service company, and it was taken care of... As well it was just a few dollars more than what a taxi would have cost us... and we were so happy to see our name on that sign....

Thanks so much... jotting all this in the "book"... LOL...

Where you satisfied with their service?... Was the driver they English speaking?

Yes both drivers we had (from Haneda to our hotel in central Tokyo and to Narita from the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay) spoke English. They were on time and friendly! The one at Haneda met us right outside of customs.

Thanks so much... jotting all this in the "book"... LOL...

Where you satisfied with their service?... Was the driver they English speaking?

Service was fine, although in hindsight, I would have created a WhatsApp or Line account before booking via Klook so that I could put that information into the booking request to make it easier to touch base with the driver. I had difficulty choosing a pickup time since I wasn't sure how long customs would take and we also needed to pick up our pocket wi-fi devices the airport after customs. So there was a bit of a lag while we waited for the driver. I can't remember if he was English-speaking -- probably since we don't speak Japanese and had no problems communicating.

Service was fine, although in hindsight, I would have created a WhatsApp or Line account before booking via Klook so that I could put that information into the booking request to make it easier to touch base with the driver. I had difficulty choosing a pickup time since I wasn't sure how long customs would take and we also needed to pick up our pocket wi-fi devices the airport after customs. So there was a bit of a lag while we waited for the driver. I can't remember if he was English-speaking -- probably since we don't speak Japanese and had no problems communicating.

Oh thanks for the tip it to is going into the "book" ...

I just wanted to report back after our trip. We flew into Haneda, and the taxi area was very organized, with a smiling employee directing people into taxis. We lined up to take our turn, there was only one family ahead of us.
I was pleased at just how well-run this was! And, the trip to Hilton Tokyo Bay was only about 20 minutes.
We used taxis quite bit throughout our trip. Each driver was polite, and the cars were spotless!

We booked through Klook too, so nice to hear feedback from an actual human. Have a whatsapp account ready to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter